The "Hits" Just Keep on Coming

jared52

http://www.waff.com/...-by-alabama-fan

Bar owner says former LSU quarterback sucker-punched by Alabama fan

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 2:54 PM CST Updated: Jul 21, 2014 3:20 PM CST

By Kirk Michelet - email

4267716_G.jpg

NASHVILLE, TN (WAFB) - Steve Ford, the owner of Losers Most Wanted Bar & Grill, told The Tennessean that former LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger was the victim of a sucker-punch by an Alabama fan.

Ford told the paper that Mettenberger did nothing to provoke another bar patron.

"Here's the truth: The guy said something about 'Roll Tide!' to Zach, and Zach turned around and said 'Good luck with that,' " Ford said on Monday. "And the guy's buddy then sucker-punched Zach."

"I promise you that Mettenberger did not throw a punch. He didn't do anything. The guy sucker-punched him in the eye, that's the bottom line, and the guy that punched him started running out the door. My door guys had to chase him down."

Mettenbeger did not require medical attention and quickly stopped rumors that he had a broken hand. "Bogus rumor," Mettenberger said in a direct message via Twitter.

Copyright 2014 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Typical uater............

I hope Mettenberger files charges against the bammer. Probably more trouble that it is worth.

USA Today, front page.

http://www.usatoday....urant/12957301/

The whole country is getting to know the bammers.

I feel pretty sure the rest of the country already knows about them.

After the Crimson Welder of aTm...the WWE Mom at the Sugar Bowl...a couple of group arrests where all the handcuffed suspects could say was "Roll Tide"...threatening their own kicker after the Iron Bowl...killing a fellow party-goer for not being "angry/upset" enough after the Iron Bowl and talking about the Miami Heat instead...attacking an innocent Auburn family in the neighbor for celebrating in their own backyard...the Teabagger...the Teabagger's fans that cheered and filmed him...Harvey Updyke...the Harvey Fan Club on Bourbon St....stadium weddings and babies named "Crimson", "Tyde", "Bear" or "Nick"...

...the country knows them!

But since they are pretty much the "Jerry Springer Show" of college football, there's that same morbid attraction to the "trailer park circus"! :eek2:

And they wonder why millions of people across the country (and the globe) jumped up cheering when Chris Davis went 109 yards to victory. LOL

http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/story/alabama-fan-brags-about-sabotaging-renovations-on-texas-a-m-s-kyle-field-071814

An Alabama fan, Bobby Livingston, working as a part of the construction team doing renovations on Texas A&M's Kyle Field was fired earlier this week for hanging aCrimson Tide flag outside the stadium. The flag, however, was the least of his "pranks" that his now-former employer had issues with after several social media posts landed him in more hot water.

Someone on the Kyle Field job site wants to get fired.
pic.twitter.com/zbjGnR884r

— Doug Keegan (@doug_keegan)
July 14, 2014

The first worrisome post written on Feb. 28 stated:

"This stadium will never be ready for this season. I'm putting iron in backwards and wrong holing everything!!!"

Later, Livingston took to social media to brag about his 'questionable' welding on the northeast end zone of the updated Kyle Field:

"if you ever attend a Texas A&M football game, don't sit at the Northeast End Zone. It was raining today and I made 2 very 'questionable' welds!!"

The comments were found to be just a bad joke after the engineering company in charge of inspecting the construction at Kyle Field, Raba Kistner Engineering, said everything was fine with the renovations.

"All steel fabrication has been observed and critical welds tested/verified at the plants by the third party firm, Raba Kistner Engineering," said Paul Hawryluk of Raba Kistner,
according to KBTX in College Station
. "Once delivered to the site, field welds, moment connections, and bolt torquing are tested/verified in accordance to building code and engineering specifications by the third party inspectors. Structural engineers of record review the inspection reports as well as conduct site observation/review of the place steel."

While bragging about doing purposeful shoddy construction on a venue thousands of fans will pack weekly is no joking matter, this Alabama fan thankfully had the decency to not actually put any lives in danger. However, he isn't exactly shying away from the situation as he changed his Facebook profile picture on July 15 to the photo of the Alabama flag flying at Kyle Field.

The
Aggies
are set to face Alabama for the third time as SEC rivals on Oct. 18, however the game is set to be played away from Kyle Field in
Tuscaloosa
, Alabama. Texas A&M won the first meeting in 2012 with the Crimson Tide winning the second in 2013.

Follow Shawn Ramsey on Twitter:
@ShawnPRamsey

At the least the guy should be required to pay for any additional checking/testing required to verify the "quality" of his work. Some of these people are just nuts....

Covered by Rome on CBS sports minute aired across America today. Rome essentially said, why is bama fan hitting ZM. He was not Nick Marshall or Tre Mason. ZM did not beat bama. It was a great sports minute for so many reasons.

Hit and run. Hilarious.

USA Today, front page.

After the Crimson Welder of aTm...the WWE Mom at the Sugar Bowl...a couple of group arrests where all the handcuffed suspects could say was "Roll Tide"...threatening their own kicker after the Iron Bowl...killing a fellow party-goer for not being "angry/upset" enough after the Iron Bowl and talking about the Miami Heat instead...attacking an innocent Auburn family in the neighbor for celebrating in their own backyard...the Teabagger...the Teabagger's fans that cheered and filmed him...Harvey Updyke...the Harvey Fan Club on Bourbon St....stadium weddings and babies named "Crimson", "Tyde", "Bear" or "Nick"...

But since they are pretty much the "Jerry Springer Show" of college football, there's that same morbid attraction to the "trailer park circus"! :eek2:

They don't know, yet. They're just getting to know. I actually think the Finebaum show being on ESPN will help.

They infuriate me for so many reasons....the biggest is that they make the entire state look like a bunch of trailer park lunatics. Alabama (the state) is even getting credit for harvey updyke, and he's a Texan.

:angryfire:

bammers are such an embarrassment.

I'm sure he ran, ZM is a BIG dude. I saw him when all the new Titans signees came to a local high school football camp. He was still dwarfed by the big OT that the Titans drafted, kid out of UM, Taylor Lewan. That dude is HUGE!!!

this is pure gold my friend..pure gold..smh..bammers. Who's radio show is this?

Of all the hilarious things said; not the first, second, or third, but the fourth time, when asked what he does for a living, bama fan said: I have been to over 300 bama games. What???

This is how the bammer thinks!?

USA Today, front page.

They don't know, yet. They're just getting to know. I actually think the Finebaum show being on ESPN will help.

Jim Rome has them figured out. Hopefully he can continue to spread the word. :)

They infuriate me for so many reasons....the biggest is that they make the entire state look like a bunch of trailer park lunatics. Alabama (the state) is even getting credit for harvey updyke, and he's a Texan.

That perception already exists for much of the Southeast in general This and similar actions only serve to perpetuate it.

And they might be close to correct.

Saw yesterday that Alabama's 8th graders ranked 50th in math understanding...and over half of school children are living in conditions of "poverty".

But that's OK 'cause the state has two of the top college football teams in the nation, a couple of $100 million dollar+ athletic programs and half a billion dollars worth of athletic facilities in it's major universities. Folks in the state know what's really important.

Archived