John Sullen signs with New York Giants

RunInRed

Former Auburn High and Auburn University offensive lineman John Sullen signed with the New York Giants on Monday, replacing long-time guard Chris Snee on the team’s 90-man roster.

Snee, a 10-year veteran, announced his retirement from the NFL on Monday.

Sullen signed as an undrafted free agent rookie with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2013, but was waived after just three preseason games.

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/article_21d6159c-11dc-11e4-911a-0017a43b2370.html

Brandon Mosley first up for New York Giants

When Chris Snee retired on Monday after a decade in the New York Giants' offensive line, New York coach Tom Coughlin said former Auburn offensive tackle Brandon Mosley would get the first shot at filling Snee's spot at right guard.

"They'll all be rotated in there," Coughlin said of finding Snee's replacement, "but Mosley will be out there first, I'm sure."

When the Giants held their first practice of training camp on Tuesday, Mosley lined up first with the first-team offense. He had gotten most of the first-team reps whenever Snee was unable to work in OTAs and minicamp during the offseason. Unfortunately for Mosley, he left practice early with what the Giants reported was an upset stomach.

"I'm very excited, don't get me wrong," Mosley told Newsday on Monday. "I'm going to work my hardest and try to win the spot."

Archived