Uh Oh,..........Has The Titanic Hit an Iceberg

Proud Tiger

It looks like more than a smidgen of evidence my be forthcoming.http://www.foxnews.c...apes-in-lerner/

I love the last sentence where old Elijah (Cummings) says this is no way to run an investigation. I agree but he needs to tell his buddy Eric Holder to quit stonewalling and appoint a special prosecutor.

Rut-roh Raggy!

The head of the IRS confirmed Wednesday that investigators looking into missing emails from ex-agency official Lois Lerner have found and are reviewing "backup tapes" -- despite earlier IRS claims that the tapes had been recycled.

If course, I suspect little if anything will be recovered, but the fact they were found after we were told there were no more records speaks volumes.

40% supposedly still support him despite his continuous lies and failures so this likely won't make much difference. They are too stupid or on the government dole and Obama loves to buy votes so again, meh.

40% supposedly still support him despite his continuous lies and failures so this likely won't make much difference. They are too stupid or on the government dole and Obama loves to buy votes so again, meh.

Because he's for the 99%, and will pay for ( some ) our mortgage & car payments!

AUisAll....you may be right but there are other computers involved that received Lerner's e-mails. It will be difficult for even the dumbest person on Earth to believe it if there are scratches on all those discs too.

Good point. but not all of them are dumb. They are smart enough to support someone who gives them all the handouts they want.

AUisAll....you may be right but there are other computers involved that received Lerner's e-mails. It will be difficult for even the dumbest person on Earth to believe it if there are scratches on all those discs too.

Would a scratch destroy the entire HD or just the area scratched? If it's just a scratch couldn't that info be rebuilt from what is still there? That is if it had not been destroyed.

Just that sector on the disc would be damaged.

But we need a definition of "scratched."

Was it a swing arm scratch or someone took it apart and scratched it with a tool?

ust that sector on the disc would be damaged.

But we need a definition o "scratched."

Was it a swing arm scratch or someone took it apart and scratched it with a tool?

Some tool probably did scratch it.

If you drop your lap top and the hard drive isnt parked (ie still running) then you run the risk of damaging (scratching) it. While most of the data could probably be recovered, e-mail .pst files are pretty large and likely cover many sectors. I'm currently using three .pst files whose size is well north of 1GB.

I have Users with .ost and .pst files as big as 11GB...

Yikes, seems files that large are ripe for corruption.

An .ost file is a copy of what is on the server so is still available on the server and from the daily backups on the server. Even badly damaged hard drives can have some of the data recovered. Most large businesses and government agencies subscribe to products that backup employees hard drives. If your hard drive crashes they can use these backup systems to restore you to the time of the last backup.

One key thing during the Directors interview a while back is he stated it was to expensive and hard to recover from tape. I have worked in IT for the last 30+ years most of it supporting e-mail systems for multiple companies. I can assure you it is not that hard or expensive to restore Messaging databases or hard drives from backup systems if you were using backups. I currently support over 30 companies e-mail systems the majority of them Microsoft Exchange various Ver. 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013

If her mail was still on the Server at time of the hard drive crash as soon as she connected back to the server her mail would have been there. Since they say she lost her mail when she lost her hard drive I am assuming she was using .pst files. 2 years worth of mail probably meant she had multiple pst files. I find it hard to believe that any professional IT person who works with crashed hard drives couldn't recover any of her .pst files. I have seen people recover some files from hard drives that had been crushed.

Somebody is passing falsehoods to us.

An .ost file is a copy of what is on the server so is still available on the server and from the daily backups on the server. Even badly damaged hard drives can have some of the data recovered. Most large businesses and government agencies subscribe to products that backup employees hard drives. If your hard drive crashes they can use these backup systems to restore you to the time of the last backup.

One key thing during the Directors interview a while back is he stated it was to expensive and hard to recover from tape. I have worked in IT for the last 30+ years most of it supporting e-mail systems for multiple companies. I can assure you it is not that hard or expensive to restore Messaging databases or hard drives from backup systems if you were using backups. I currently support over 30 companies e-mail systems the majority of them Microsoft Exchange various Ver. 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013

If her mail was still on the Server at time of the hard drive crash as soon as she connected back to the server her mail would have been there. Since they say she lost her mail when she lost her hard drive I am assuming she was using .pst files. 2 years worth of mail probably meant she had multiple pst files. I find it hard to believe that any professional IT person who works with crashed hard drives couldn't recover any of her .pst files. I have seen people recover some files from hard drives that had been crushed.

Somebody is passing falsehoods to us.

If you work any time in IT, the IRS Storyline is just a crock...

I have Users with .ost and .pst files as big as 11GB...

Yikes, seems files that large are ripe for corruption.

And yes they are and yes they do...lol

Archived