OHHHHH WELL BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD

Tigermike

Very ironic that he was caught by the NY Times. The NY Times can't detect or admit that several of their own reporters committed plagiarism in the past. I guess they now know it when they see it..............

A master's degree obtained with a 14 page thesis? Huh.

Ben, somewhere today I read that the service academies were already reviewing their policies because of this. It looks like they should have long ago. And NO this doesn't mean all graduates have done the same.

Really really good pages, though.

We write a lot more than one 14 page paper in order to obtain a Master's degree from one of the War Colleges.

We write a lot more than one 14 page paper in order to obtain a Master's degree from one of the War Colleges.

I would hope. This is the passage in the article that confused me on that:

An examination of the 14-page paper, titled “The Case for Democracy as a Long Term National Strategy” and posted online by The Times, revealed that about a third of Mr. Walsh’s 2007 paper consisted of verbatim language and extremely similar passages to other sources, without any kind of attribution.

I would hope. This is the passage in the article that confused me on that:
An examination of the 14-page paper, titled "The Case for Democracy as a Long Term National Strategy" and posted online by The Times, revealed that about a third of Mr. Walsh's 2007 paper consisted of verbatim language and extremely similar passages to other sources, without any kind of attribution.

True that. It was probably an end of course paper. His conduct is a failure of integrity and in my world; a huge fail for a military officer.

1) Cover

2) Contents

3) 2 page bibliography

4) Throw in say three pages total of good graphs or other media, pics etc

Hell i am at 7 pages and aint wrote a damn word...

25% of what was left was supposedly plagiarized, that is almost two more pages.

Lets call it 8.5 pages and he still aint wrote a word yet.

So he writes a 5.5 pages and gets an MS Degree?

He apparently is changing his story now. He claimed to have been exposed to multiple IED attacks, now his campaign says it was just one. The suicide of a national guard soldier happened several months after he started his thesis paper. The effects of that suicide on his finished plagiarized paper is questionable.

The fact that he even plagiarized the conclusion section of his thesis is pretty dumb.

Lie, cheat, and steal, but don't get caught..........

He apparently is changing his story now. He claimed to have been exposed to multiple IED attacks, now his campaign says it was just one. The suicide of a national guard soldier happened several months after he started his thesis paper. The effects of that suicide on his finished plagiarized paper is questionable.

The fact that he even plagiarized the conclusion section of his thesis is pretty dumb.

DANG!!! He is gonna blend in and have a great career in Washington DC! :yes:

Par for the Democrats. Remember, Hillary having to duck for cover on the tarmac in Bosnia ?

Yeah, that never actually happened. She completely made that up as well. But do the MSM call her on it ?

Nope.

Archived