Officer who pulled over Nick Marshall fired

WarEagle1983

http://www.wrbl.com/...violence-arrest

Phillip Marshall - http://auburn.247spo...cident-29803868

One of the Reynolds, Ga., police officers who made the traffic stop when Auburn quarterback Nick Marshallwas cited for possession of a small amount of marijuana has been arrested and fired, according to officials.

Taylor County Sheriff Jeff Watson told television station WRBL in Columbus, Ga., that Christopher Rachalla was arrested on Tuesday night after an altercation at his Butler home with his estranged wife. Rachalla and his wife were in the process of getting divorced, the sheriff said.

Rachalla was fired from his job with the Reynolds Police Department following the incident, according to Reynolds police chief Lonnie Holder.

Rachalla and Holder pulled Marshall over on July 11 because, they said, his windows were illegally tinted. The officers said they found marijuana in his car. Marshall was not arrested, but was given a citation.

Authorities said Rachalla was on-duty when the fight happened. Watson told WRBL that “contact was made” between Rachalla and his wife. He said there were no serious injuries during the altercation.

What goes around comes around, bad karma, tit for tat, whatever you want to call it. Hope the guy gets his act together. Seriously, I think most of Auburn fans will pray for this officer. I know I would not take the job. Nothing but respect. WDE

Not sure if this means anything or not, honestly.

agree....did not seem to have anything to do with Nick's problem since there were apparently two officers in the car that pulled Nick.

And as for Nick, these small Georgia towns are notorious speed traps, even today I hear. IMO the guy who should lose his job is whoever could not wait to run to the media and let them know a "celebrity" had been pulled in Reynolds. Not excusing NM but the media circus *such as it was) need not have happened. Guess that's what passes for "big news" in a small town like Reynolds.

I think it would be rash to draw any conclusions from the fact of his arrest. The only reason we even know about it is because of the connection with Nick.

Shows that the officer who pulled Nick over for possession of marijuana and cited him for it is an A-hole. That's about all this tells me.

Shows that the officer who pulled Nick over for possession of marijuana and cited him for it is an A-hole. That's about all this tells me.

Not really. 'Contact was made' is pretty vague and surely doesn't necessarily mean he hit his wife. Consider the possibility that he restrained her after she hit him. Consider the possibility that she instigated something to gain leverage. The dude is going through a divorce. Obviously, he and his wife are having problems.

One can say that a police officer should know better than ever to put himself in a situation that would look bad (like some are saying about Nick). But what this tells me is that we're all human, born to make mistakes.

I am not saying that I know any inside details about this situation. Maybe the guy is a wife-beating jerk. But I don't think we can conclude that with certainty from what little we know at this point.

agree....did not seem to have anything to do with Nick's problem since there were apparently two officers in the car that pulled Nick.

And as for Nick, these small Georgia towns are notorious speed traps, even today I hear. IMO the guy who should lose his job is whoever could not wait to run to the media and let them know a "celebrity" had been pulled in Reynolds. Not excusing NM but the media circus *such as it was) need not have happened. Guess that's what passes for "big news" in a small town like Reynolds.

Marshall was stopped for a window tint violation, not speeding. The question I have is, what is a "speed trap"? Is it a stretch of road that has a large net above it to catch unsuspecting motorists? Or is it simply a place where the municipality enforces the speed limit and those who violate that limit refer to it as a "trap" in an attempt to mitigate themselves from the responsibility of said violation? I've never heard the term"speed trap" logically defined.

Listen guys, this officer's behavior has NOTHING to do with Nick Marshall having an illegal substance in his car. If Nick had only been cited for the tinted windows then we wouldn't be talking about this. This falls totally on Nick and to be honest, it is better that this happen this early in his career than just before the Iron Bowl. Let chalk this up to a lesson learned for Nick and move on. Please !!!!!!

Agree with Timeslider; this is a non issue as far as Nick or Auburn or anything related. Whatever his problem is it was with his wife; his first mistake was confronting her while on duty.

Nothing to do with Nick. But guys don't get arrested for restraining others from hitting them. He was arrested and fired. "Contact was made" was a nice gesture from the PD.

Marshall was stopped for a window tint violation, not speeding. The question I have is, what is a "speed trap"? Is it a stretch of road that has a large net above it to catch unsuspecting motorists? Or is it simply a place where the municipality enforces the speed limit and those who violate that limit refer to it as a "trap" in an attempt to mitigate themselves from the responsibility of said violation? I've never heard the term"speed trap" logically defined.

My take- speed limit on a two lane road is 55, it drops to 25 for a short stretch with little or no warning and then resumes back to 55. Folks who don't know about it roll through every day and get busted by local PD who happen to be sitting in the short 25 zone. It happens.

Nothing to do with Nick. But guys don't get arrested for restraining others from hitting them. He was arrested and fired. "Contact was made" was a nice gesture from the PD.

actually they do sometimes. I know 2 people who were arrested for domestic violence and never were physical. Its who believes whom and what the responding officer can be convinced of, or what mood he is in.

actually they do sometimes. I know 2 people who were arrested for domestic violence and never were physical. Its who believes whom and what the responding officer can be convinced of, or what mood he is in.

It's also plausible to me that an arrest automatically triggers dismissal for a cop.

I do also agree with everyone who said this has nothing to do with Auburn football.

One of the 2 was a deputy I know well. He was placed on leave with pay till his wife dropped charges. Sheriff didn't want to but was going to terminate if she didn't drop. Had no choice. There was contact but she was the agresser.

One of the 2 was a deputy I know well. He was placed on leave with pay till his wife dropped charges. Sheriff didn't want to but was going to terminate if she didn't drop. Had no choice. There was contact but she was the agresser.

Thanks for the insight, alexava.

Agree. I just thought it was rather interesting...that's all. I don't think there was anything corrupt about what happened with Nick but it's rather interesting that in lecturing Nick (as i'm sure both officers gave him sound advice) that he'd find himself in this situation. I'm sure it's more to the story though.

Non-story. No effect on Nick. Hell, he confessed. Delete thread please.

Why? It wasn't created to say anything corrupt happened with Nick's situation. It's just an interesting turn in events that adds to the storyline. People are going to think what they want to think either way. I personally don't think there was anything corrupt about the situation. Move the thread somewhere else if you like but nothing to get bent out of shape about esp. with other current posts that have nothing to do with Auburn are up.

Why? It wasn't created to say anything corrupt happened with Nick's situation. It's just an interesting turn in events that adds to the storyline. People are going to think what they want to think either way. I personally don't think there was anything corrupt about the situation. Move the thread somewhere else if you like but nothing to get bent out of shape about.

not bent out of shape, or didn't intend to seem that way. But this does not add to the storyline at all. Totally irrelevant.

Why? It wasn't created to say anything corrupt happened with Nick's situation. It's just an interesting turn in events that adds to the storyline. People are going to think what they want to think either way. I personally don't think there was anything corrupt about the situation. Move the thread somewhere else if you like but nothing to get bent out of shape about.

not bent out of shape, or didn't intend to seem that way. But this does not add to the storyline at all. Totally irrelevant.

Ok. Well delete if you wish. My apologies.

Archived