A Simple Chart

Tigermike

Next Time Someone Claims The Economy Has Recovered, All You Have To Do Is Pull Out This Simple Chart

How many times have you heard a Democrat point to the stock market performance as proof of the success of the President’s economic policies? Or the fact that corporate profits are up?

This chart shows you how to respond next time. Although stocks and profit are indeed up as a result of the Obama administration and Federal Reserve policies, it isn’t translating to regular — non-Wall Street — Americans:

20140713_santelli1_0.jpg?888352

See that green line? Those are the corporate profits as measured by the S&P 500. That red line? That’s the percentage of the American population that has jobs.

When even the president admits that 95% of the income gains have gone to the top 1% during his time in office, how is this a “recovery” for people who don’t live on Wall Street?

link

Those evil 1%ers. Its time for the President to use his executive power to spread the wealth around.

Also, I thought we were told recently the job growth was improving at a rapid pace. I don't know what to believe any more. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

That nails it except for the idiots who have their heads stuck up their butts. Watch them comment in the usual order. 10, 9, 8, ......

That nails it except for the idiots who have their heads stuck up their butts. Watch them comment in the usual order. 10, 9, 8, ......

It's all Bush's fault! Look at the mess Obama inherited! It's not that Obama and the dems policies are not working, it's just that they haven't explained things in a manner that the masses understand.

That's right TM, maybe he needs another 4 years. I mean look what FDR was able to do in 4 terms.

There is one thing Obama has done well for the Dems.

All of a sudden, the Jimmy Carter years don't look all that bad! :)

There is one thing Obama has done well for the Dems.

All of a sudden, the Jimmy Carter years don't look all that bad! :)/>

Carter was naive more than anything else. Eventually he did start to grasp the way things actually work to some degree. Obama just has a big grudge against the United States and he aims to make us pay for our sins.

You see, its that Washington loves the American Family Units so much, they keep the employment rate low so we can enjoy having our children live with us the rest of our lives...

Look at the timeline on that chart. Presumably you all aren't holding Obama directly responsible for the recession. (That would be dumb.)

I guess it's justifiable to hold him responsible for the slow recovery, but it takes a long time to dig yourself out of such a recession, particularly when you are fighting folks promoting the politics of austerity every step of the way.

That there chart says it all. soon as barry was made precident the country went strate to hell. cause he hates America. Wake up sheeple. the enumee is in side the wite house. IMPEACH barry NOW?

The only thing one could hold against Obama is his policy making. People can argue it til the cows come home but O-Care has hurt. It has slowed hiring and cut many back to part time. His immigration policy will suppress wages for a lot of people for years to come. Aside from that his unwillingness to approve the Keystone Pipeline as well as empowering the EPA with way too much power is also hurting. Shutting down coal mining is going to be felt by everyone if he actually succeeds..energy prices will soar.

The thing that amazes me is how this administration gives lips service to caring about the middle class but then everything they do seems to hurt none none more than the middle class. I think its a fair shot to point out that Obama is largely responsible for the lowest labor force participation rate since Carter was sitting in the Oval Office. And telling me Obama inherited a far different trajectory than Reagan is BS. Reagan was faced with double digit unemployment. double digit prime rate and double digit inflation but before his 8 years were up he created more jobs than any President before or since.

The only thing one could hold against Obama is his policy making. People can argue it til the cows come home but O-Care has hurt. It has slowed hiring and cut many back to part time. His immigration policy will suppress wages for a lot of people for years to come. Aside from that his unwillingness to approve the Keystone Pipeline as well as empowering the EPA with way too much power is also hurting. Shutting down coal mining is going to be felt by everyone if he actually succeeds..energy prices will soar.

The thing that amazes me is how this administration gives lips service to caring about the middle class but then everything they do seems to hurt none none more than the middle class. I think its a fair shot to point out that Obama is largely responsible for the lowest labor force participation rate since Carter was sitting in the Oval Office. And telling me Obama inherited a far different trajectory than Reagan is BS. Reagan was faced with double digit unemployment. double digit prime rate and double digit inflation but before his 8 years were up he created more jobs than any President before or since.

Well maybe. But the subject of the thread is "a simple chart", which certainly didn't illustrate any of that.

That there chart says it all. soon as barry was made precident the country went strate to hell. cause he hates America. Wake up sheeple. the enumee is in side the wite house. IMPEACH barry NOW?

Translation = ima dummer than u thought

Archived