Hope we rush for 400 on Miss St

TexasTiger

We need to put a good beating on MSU. We've beaten them the last few years but they have always been close games.

Essentially, I was alluding to this. It really should have happened last season. The timing simply wasn't there yet, and it was evident with the drive killing drops and overthrows in this one. Getting back to routinely blowing them out would be nice.

The thing that made it even close was not having tape of Dak. He's not sneaking up on anyone this year and I expect him to do worse.

Dak's playing behind a solid O-line. Last seeason, MSU outplayed AU in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

McKinney said. "When they were playing 'Bama, we were sitting at home, and I was saying, oh, they're fixing to run the zone."

Really McKinney? Brilliant, simply brilliant!

And when we were playing Missouri and FSU you were also sitting at home watching us!!!!

I am okay with people catching on to the run game, its REALLY going to open the pass this year. I expect our pass numbers to be HUGE this year compared to last year. It is really going to be a different script this year compared to last. The talking point will revolve around how we are a pass team and a run team. Beat you with the run and beat you with the pass. Mark my words. It really is going to be a Gus system this year...run to set up the play action. Lots of passing td's this year. So I'm okay with people thinking we are a run first team. Look out!

WDE!

Last year it was hard to tell just who had the football. I was sure Mason had it, then Marshall would be running down the field for a touchdown. Auburn's offense is slick. Alot of deception and misdirection, Auburn magic. Like three card Monte there is no way you can concentrate enough to figure it out. The opposing defense is the mark and is tricked into committing a large bet into guessing the next play. Usually, a wrong guess. WDE

Last year it was hard to tell just who had the football. I was sure Mason had it, then Marshall would be running down the field for a touchdown. Auburn's offense is slick. Alot of deception and misdirection, Auburn magic. Like three card Monte there is no way you can concentrate enough to figure it out. The opposing defense is the mark and is tricked into committing a large bet into guessing the next play. Usually, a wrong guess. WDE

Yep. Those 3-4 seconds it took defenses to find the ball were a killer. Like Ica408 stated is all about execution and not many team were able to do that to remotely slow our offense down. Now we're going to be putting in more wrinkles that involve passing. I don't see how any film from last year is going to help teams this year. There are just TOO MANY weapons on our offense.

Moo State has a tradition of having big, ugly tough guys on the field. They haven't won much but they aren't pushovers either.

According to this thread we'll be better off for having seen their QB last year and we'll also be better off because our QB is returning. ??? Their guy should be better too and they've seen our guy too. I don't particularly like them, in fact since Mullen pulled his trick in the Cam Newton fiasco I don't like them at all and won't until Mullen leaves there.

That doesn't mean they will be easy to beat. I look for a slobber-knocker in Starkeville.

Completely agree. The only reason to think it won't be a tough game is the possibility of a drop-off at OL. They bring three starters back, but Gabe Jackson was by far the best player on that team (either side of the ball), and Siddoway was a solid, experienced offensive tackle.

In the end, it's a senior-laden team that knows this is one of their best shots to make a "leap" into the upper echelon of the SEC. They're going to be very, very prepared for the Auburn game.

Completely agree. The only reason to think it won't be a tough game is the possibility of a drop-off at OL. They bring three starters back, but Gabe Jackson was by far the best player on that team (either side of the ball), and Siddoway was a solid, experienced offensive tackle.

In the end, it's a senior-laden team that knows this is one of their best shots to make a "leap" into the upper echelon of the SEC. They're going to be very, very prepared for the Auburn game.

And they're gonna have more cowbell. That part bothers me the most.

I love this offense and I love the variety, but it is not complicated. The hated $atan said it last year and proved it for a period in the Iron Bowl. This offense can be stopped if EVERYONE plays disciplined football and does there assignment and doesn't try to be a hero. Maybe stopped is the wrong word, but definitely slowed down. That is what MSU did against us last year. They played disciplined D and maintained their gaps. I do believe that this year will be substantially worse on D because we are not necessarily going to line up and smash it down your throat. I believe this year we are going to continue to lean on the run but as soon as you bring that extra DB for run support you are going to see the pass back them up. I believe CGM will have a much more balanced approach and will keep even the best D-coordinators guessing as to what is coming next. I guess my point here is to answer the magic question: Will they figure this offense out? Yes. It is not hard to figure out. It is just hard to do your job and stop it.

McKinney would watch Auburn's games on TV and wonder why teams were having so much trouble.

That is not a compliment.

The latter part is meant to be the compliment, not this sentence. That's not even a dig either, even people that were Auburn fans were wondering how running the same play out of multiple formations couldn't be stopped. It's just an appalling type of offense.

And they're gonna have more cowbell. That part bothers me the most.

That's the best part about being a QB under Meyer I think. They never really have a problem with hearing the snap due to some trick they make, I.E Braxton has that loud slap that can be heard over even the crowd

I love this offense and I love the variety, but it is not complicated. The hated $atan said it last year and proved it for a period in the Iron Bowl. This offense can be stopped if EVERYONE plays disciplined football and does there assignment and doesn't try to be a hero. Maybe stopped is the wrong word, but definitely slowed down. That is what MSU did against us last year. They played disciplined D and maintained their gaps. I do believe that this year will be substantially worse on D because we are not necessarily going to line up and smash it down your throat. I believe this year we are going to continue to lean on the run but as soon as you bring that extra DB for run support you are going to see the pass back them up. I believe CGM will have a much more balanced approach and will keep even the best D-coordinators guessing as to what is coming next. I guess my point here is to answer the magic question: Will they figure this offense out? Yes. It is not hard to figure out. It is just hard to do your job and stop it.

I guarantee you that if we'd have played MSU later in the season it'd have been a completely different game. I do think that even if everyone does their job on defense that this offense won't be stopped or even slowed down considerably. The reason why is because of the talent we have now and because you can't defend everywhere. If you leave your DBs one-on-one with our receivers, that DB could be doing his job well, but Sammie Coates is probably gonna slam him. This offense attacks weaknesses with simplicity and flawless execution and that will always have great success.

Archived