Cowboys Stadium

auburn4ever

Instead of playing the season opener in Atlanta, why don't we try get a game I Jerry Dome? I read that Alabama will open 26 against Southern Cal in 2016 and then will open 2017 against Wisconsin in the Jerry Dome.

I hope USC is back up to normal strength by 2016. Bama has done an amazing job of playing traditional powerhouses when they are historically bad.

PSU

Michigan

ND (you know what I mean)

Not to mention their CD rival UT has been nothing more than a scrimmage the last few years.

Instead of playing the season opener in Atlanta, why don't we try get a game I Jerry Dome? I read that Alabama will open 26 against Southern Cal in 2016 and then will open 2017 against Wisconsin in the Jerry Dome.

I don't see the point in playing a game in Dallas.....We can play good "made for TV games" a lot closer to our alumni base and recruiting territory.

I thought this was going to be a thread about where to reserve our seats for the Natty.

I think Atlanta picks Auburn for their season openers whenever possible because of our proximity. We travel, and always sell out our allotment and then some. From our side, it makes more sense because it's in the heart of our recruiting pipeline. With the NCAA allowing teams to utilize neutral site games for official visits now, it makes it even more convenient for us to be in Atlanta instead of Dallas. A huge dome game can do a lot for the atmosphere.

In a few years the new Atlanta dome will be done and they will remember that Bama went to Dallas every year and not Atlanta

This thing looks SICK. About all I can say about that.

I guess I understand the fascination with these neutral site games where there is no home and home requirement, but it does take away one home game at JHS. So instead of a 8 home, 4 away game schedule you have a 7 home 5 away schedule.

I think Atlanta picks Auburn for their season openers whenever possible because of our proximity. We travel, and always sell out our allotment and then some. From our side, it makes more sense because it's in the heart of our recruiting pipeline. With the NCAA allowing teams to utilize neutral site games for official visits now, it makes it even more convenient for us to be in Atlanta instead of Dallas. A huge dome game can do a lot for the atmosphere.

In a few years the new Atlanta dome will be done and they will remember that Bama went to Dallas every year and not Atlanta

This thing looks SICK. About all I can say about that.

Impressive

I guess I understand the fascination with these neutral site games where there is no home and home requirement, but it does take away one home game at JHS. So instead of a 8 home, 4 away game schedule you have a 7 home 5 away schedule.

Financially, they guarantee a payout to both teams that will match or exceed what they would get from a home game. Playing in Atlanta would make it easier for more AU fans to attend than a home game in Auburn. A game in Dallas would make it easier for me to attend. :) So, what's the downside?

Financially, they guarantee a payout to both teams that will match or exceed what they would get from a home game. Playing in Atlanta would make it easier for more AU fans to attend than a home game in Auburn. A game in Dallas would make it easier for me to attend. :) So, what's the downside?

Too long of a a drive from Winter Park Fl

Mean while Jacobs works out a crappy deal to play Clemson in 2016 & 2017. Thanks for getting games with Notre Dame or Michigan like you said you really wanted on our future schedules.

Archived