Calm my nerves about the first game

Threedog79

Give me reasons why I should stop biting my fingernails off already about the opener against Fat Boy. Without the known punishment for Marshall, I'm still calm with JJ at QB but I have an unsettled feeling about the first game. So, friends of the board, give me something to calm me down. Go!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give me reasons why I should stop biting my fingernails off already about the opener against Fat Boy. Without the known punishment for Marshall, I'm still calm with JJ at QB but I have an unsettled feeling about the first game. So, friends of the board, give me something to calm me down. Go!

Drink a beer. If that doesnt work, tell your wife to read you a bedtime story. :drink9:

Ark will probably be better than they were last year. They couldn't get much worse. It will be a physical game. That's one reason it may be in Auburn's best interest for Gus to sit Marshall out, that and the valuable experience it would give JJ.

But when things are said and done...Auburn will be at least 2 TDs better than Ark, probably more. They just don't have the speed or the talent or the coaching to keep up with Auburn.

I'm looking forward to watching it on TV or listening to Rod and Stan...it will probably be an inferno in the stadium that afternoon.

Why should I care if you chew your fingernails off? We will take care of business.

Awesome. I feel better. Reading on Tigerdroppings, they have funny posters, anyway the hog posters there are pretty level headed and they are feeling pretty good about the game. For some strange reason they are happy with the fat boy.

Because you aren't playing, buddy! You don't have to worry about getting slobberknocked in the chin. Let the kids be nervous.

Why should I care if you chew your fingernails off? We will take care of business.

Awesome. I feel better. Reading on Tigerdroppings, they have funny posters, anyway the hog posters there are pretty level headed and they are feeling pretty good about the game. For some strange reason they are happy with the fat boy.

They're still getting over years of Houston Nutt.

Arkansas's QB threw 10 interceptions to only 13 TDs last year and he completed less than 50% of his passes. Arkansas loses a lot on the defensive line, which is an extra bad recipe against our O-line. And, like Auburn, Arkansas is replacing their fullback and kicker. Most importantly, the game is at home and we're flat out better than they are. WDE.

We'll hang 50 on them.

I feel the same way....and that physical game may last for half a quarter....too much speed WDE!!!!!!!!!!

Watch last years game and watch some of those videos that the Arky fans made last year- talking and singing about how they were going to beat us. Then you will want that part of your brain back. The anxiety will be replaced by a strong repulsion of all things related to Arkansas football.

:-\

Unlike many of my Auburn friends here, I'll join you in the worry booth. We should be better than Arky, but not THAT much better. I certainly hope otherwise, but this game could serve as the wake up call that we are a year or two away from getting into that newfangled playoff system.

Unlike many of my Auburn friends here, I'll join you in the worry booth. We should be better than Arky, but not THAT much better. I certainly hope otherwise, but this game could serve as the wake up call that we are a year or two away from getting into that newfangled playoff system.

:-\

:laugh:

++ Dad talked to me many years ago about the dangers of "counting my chicks before they hatch" and it was good advice.

I just will never understand anybody "worrying" over a football game. I have never in my life worried about a football game. I'm excited every week that its another chance to see Auburn play. Obviously I want us to win every game, but worry? never.

I just will never understand anybody "worrying" over a football game. I have never in my life worried about a football game. I'm excited every week that its another chance to see Auburn play. Obviously I want us to win every game, but worry? never.

"Worry" ?....I understand and certainly don't lose a wink of sleep over an upcoming game....but I also don't start bragging about a win before the scoreboard goes to 00:00

Archived