What will be our first play from scrimmage?

aucanucktiger

Against Arky, I'm thinking Gus wants a statement DRIVE to start that game so I'll go with a handoff to CAP up the gut to start a fast yet conservative (by Gus standards) first drive.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

80 YD strike to Coates.....TD AU ! ! !

I'm going with the speed sweep to Grant as well. Speed is our big advantage against that D so might as well start early exploiting that advantage!

Fake hand off to CAP, Nick pops up and fires a completed slant pass to Duke Williams for a 12 yd gain.

fake reverse flea flicker from cap to nick for a TD! Touchdown Auburn! que fight song

Prob the sweep but I'd love to see some play action deep to Duke or Sammie. An opening play TD would set the tone for the season nicely. We're gonna air it out this year and outscore everybody. We're gonna hang 50 and 60 points on sec defenses. Lol. War Eagle.

Break huddle with JJ, CAP, NM, CJU, Duke, and Sammy. CJU tight blocking. Duke, Samy, and NM trips right. CAP single back. PA CAP who then sets up a block. Duke and Sammy run 10 yd post. NM runs a streak. JJ chooses, whith NM being first in rotation. TD AU.

Marshall or Johnson will do a pump fake, and will hit a wide open DQ Willaims over the middle for a quick 6, and the beginning of an Auburn fanny spanking of the piggies.

We should open up with the formation (extra point) that we did not give tape on...as has been pointed out earlier. Call a timeout. Huddle. Then bomb it down the sideline to Slammin' or Duke.

We should open up with the formation (extra point) that we did not give tape on...as has been pointed out earlier. Call a timeout. Huddle. Then bomb it down the sideline to Slammin' or Duke.

That would be funny. And then leave the extra point formation out of the tape since it wasn't run as a play.

I'm thinking some kind of man blocking scheme inside run. #44 Power, Iso, something like that.

malzahn_power.png

I like this play- they will be expecting a zone read to the left, so we flip it and run to the right. Catch em totally off guard.

Archived