AU home & home vs Clemson

keesler

Auburn, Clemson agree to two-game series beginning in 2016

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn and Clemson will renew their rivalry with a home-and-home series starting in 2016, a source familiar with the negotiations told AL.com on Wednesday.

The news was later confirmed by Auburn.

The game fulfills Auburn's obligation to the SEC to schedule at least one non-conference game against a team from a Power 5 conference in 2016 and ensuing seasons.

The series will start at Auburn's Jordan-Hare Stadium in 2016 and end at Clemson in 2017. The two-game deal was finalized recently.

Auburn will host Clemson on Sept. 3, 2016 and will travel to Clemson on Sept. 9, 2017.

Auburn and Clemson have met 49 times, with Auburn leading the series 34-13-2. Clemson has won the last two games in the series, including a 26-19 victory in the Georgia Dome in 2012.

Auburn is 20-4 against Clemson at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

http://www.al.com/au..._to_two-ga.html

I'll be damned! Is this the best Jay can do? Seriously?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any creativity from Athletic Department would have been nice. This Clemson crap is dull, worn out - I'm sick of playing them.

UGA gets Notre Dame

LSU gets UCLA

UAT gets USC

:banghead:

I mean, it's a good series. But can't we have some different teams? Why can't we work something out with one of these schools:

Notre Dame

Penn State

Oklahoma

UCLA

Oregon (would love to go to a game in Autzen Stadium)

Texas

Michigan State

Ohio State

BYU

Virginia Tech

Arizona State

Wisconsin

Michigan

That's just a handful off the top of my head I'd be interested in seeing over another Clemson series.

The ONLY reason I like this is because we owe them after the last 2 loses and I'm pretty perturbed that we have a losing record against Dabo. Otherwise....epic fail by the admin

Agreed, the only plus is the chance to spank Dabo dabo doo and get some payback. The loss in the Dome still stings me.

I love it. As much as we like to bash them (and hate on Dabo), Clemson and Auburn are historically tied and are very, VERY similar. Plus, my wife and her family are all Clemson fans, so we get to trash talk. :)

This series in Auburn territory......good place to play our OOC games in my view. Lots of AU alums and prospects can easily see these games....and IMO, there is absolutely nothing to gain by going to Columbus. Ohio or Ann Arbor or wherever for a regular season game.

And please people,,,,,,just because Bama or LSU does it ....that's not necessarily an endorsement as a great idea. I just can't buy this idea that playing one of the over the hill Big Ten teams does anything to enhance Auburn's reputation.

Forgive me for being in the minority but I like it when AU plays Clemson. I've always though of them as a rival.

This series in Auburn territory......good place to play our OOC games in my view. Lots of AU alums and prospects can easily see these games....and IMO, there is absolutely nothing to gain by going to Columbus. Ohio or Ann Arbor or wherever for a regular season game.

And please people,,,,,,just because Bama or LSU does it ....that's not necessarily an endorsement as a great idea. I just can't buy this idea that playing one of the over the hill Big Ten teams does anything to enhance Auburn's reputation.

This is what the day will look like

September 3, 2016

Clemson at Auburn

Alabama vs USC

LSU vs Wisconsin

UCLA at TAMU

@BarrettSallee: Excluding bowl and SECCG possibilities, Auburn will play Clemson five times between 2010-2017. It will play Florida once. :puke:

I don't care how good it is that it is close or for payback or whatever. As long as JJ keeps up this regional CRAP, WE WILL continue to have issues LIKE 2004 or like ANY season where we are an excellent team and Bama is mediocre and has more losses than us; the media WILL NOT respect us for not playing teams all over the country. GET ON BOARD JAY JACOBS!! His thinking is very narrow minded! Say all you want about a "over the hill B1G" team or whatever; the media adores and respects ohio state and wisconsin and even michigan (you really think they DESERVED a sugar bowl berth against Va Tech a few years ago????) and the only way we get the same level of respect as Bama, Texas, USC, or Choklahoma, or OSU is to go out and schedule TOP NATIONAL TEAMS and play those games. Don't give me the tired old line about SEC schedule! It will have down years and the only way we get respect to play ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME! NO EXCUSES! Be DONE with Clemson and GA Tech already! :angry:

I'd like some variety for a change. I'd like to travel to one of the northern schools, make a long weekend out of it and sight see in a different region. Would love a matchup with Oregon - Michigan - UCLA - NDame, etc.

This feels like playing with your sister - it's boring as hell and feels more like an old chore you'd rather not have to deal with. :sad2:

Really disappointed in this. Nothing for us to gain with these games.

Disagree....we win and it's usually over a top 25 team.....and as for 2004, I'm surprised that anyone still believes that BS about the Citadel keeping us out of #1. Media wanted USC and the Citadel game was just a convenient excuse..though I would not put Clemson and Citadel in the same category. And if you are tired of meaningless games, maybe MSU should be dropped....at least we get some credit beating Clemson...but who outside the SEC has any respect for MSU for example?

Really disappointed in this. Nothing for us to gain with these games.

Disagree....we win and it's usually over a top 25 team.....and as for 2004, I'm surprised that anyone still believes that BS about the Citadel keeping us out of #1. Media wanted USC and the Citadel game was just a convenient excuse..though I would not put Clemson and Citadel in the same category. And if you are tired of meaningless games, maybe MSU should be dropped....at least we get some credit beating Clemson...but who outside the SEC has any respect for MSU for example?

That's the point though - we have no choice in playing MSU. The AU Administration had choices and chose a team that we will have played 6 times in 10 years. When given a choice, explore your many options and get freaking creative.

This game will get no exposure when coupled with other marquee games that day.

September 3, 2016

Clemson at Auburn

Alabama vs USC

LSU vs Wisconsin

UCLA at TAMU

Ariz. vs BYU

ND at Texas

Archived