Actual Player likes us better!!

HarpyTrain

ON the Fine-scum show; Ex Florida Defensive End under Spurrier says we are going to be faster and better than last year. Likes us over Bammmers. Stupid ESPN media people keep saying we are going to lose 2-3 games. Whatever!!! Players that know the game don't keep looking through their Crim$on colored gla$$es!

I could be wrong but I think the national media gets most of their information about any team via the in-state media. And of course the in-state media here will always favor bama over us. So the national people just repeat what they've been told.

National media thinks we are going to be good, but everyone keeps saying our schedule is too tough. I think we are going to be so much better than everyone we play that the schedule won't matter. Ex-players like Andre Ware and Kevin Carter have picked Auburn. Like him or hate him, Danny Sheridan who makes his living predicting games favors Auburn. The people picking Bama are state media surprise, surprise.

I could be wrong but I think the national media gets most of their information about any team via the in-state media. And of course the in-state media here will always favor bama over us. So the national people just repeat what they've been told.

You are not wrong. With the exception of a few people who have access to the programs and are not too lazy (or their employers too cheap) to do the work themselves, the vast majority of national reporting is rehashing local stories.

Add in the perception that we were lucky last year, and most "experts" expect our "luck" to eventually run out, given our tough schedule.

Joe Tessitore on Finebaum said Auburn "might be the best coached team in America." +1

He went on to spout the conventional wisdom that our luck has to end, and we could be a better team but have 2-3 losses. -1

Joe Tessitore on Finebaum said Auburn "might be the best coached team in America." +1

He went on to spout the conventional wisdom that our luck has to end, and we could be a better team but have 2-3 losses. -1

Well conventional wisdom would look at the games that were considered lucky and say hmm Iron Bowl was tied, I am going to give Alabama 3pts for home field, I am going to take away 3 pts because the lose enough talent. Auburn is faster better and into the 2nd year of a new coaching staff so I am going with a 7 pts addition but I am going to take away 3 pts because of the unknowns such as Carl's injury and Tre/Robinson left. therefore Auburn wins by 4. that is how I would like someone break it down.

UGA same thing btw I take away 7 pts for Murry. you do the rest.

MSU and KSU are unknowns but if we are really better they should be penciled in as wins.

I think national media types should know the top 25 inside and out and not rely on input from other sources.

National media thinks we are going to be good, but everyone keeps saying our schedule is too tough. I think we are going to be so much better than everyone we play that the schedule won't matter. Ex-players like Andre Ware and Kevin Carter have picked Auburn. Like him or hate him, Danny Sheridan who makes his living predicting games favors Auburn. The people picking Bama are state media surprise, surprise.

Less than two weeks ago Sheridan picked Bama to win the West. He also said Auburn would be very good but our schedule is too difficult.

I think the increasingly common narrative that "Auburn could be a better team but lose more games" is just a way to continue the lovefest with Alabama. Glad the media's opinion doesn't matter....at all.

• 3 weeks later...

First, I wear my Orange and Blue glasses proudly!!! That said, I worry a little about this season because of two things: strength of schedule and the expectations within the Auburn Family and the team.

Our schedule is brutal! No other team in the nation has as tough a road to the top 4 as we do. Tough games usually bring about injured/banged up players, and if we suffer injuries to key players, that could be enough to knock us out of the playoff.

As for the expectations of the team and the Auburn Family, it will be interesting to see how we handle adversity through the year. The players know they came 0:13 seconds away from a NC last year, and I know they are focused and determined to finish the job this season. We fans also know the weapons we have on offense, and that our defense appears to be more solid this year, so we expect to be back in the NC picture. How will we react if we slip up? How will the players react? These are things that cannot be predicted. History is full of teams that, on paper, should destroy any team they face, but in reality, lose games to lesser opponents. It happens. Our job will be to keep supporting our boys no matter what happens, which is what we always do.

The X-factor we have, in my opinion, is Gus Malzahn, and our coaching staff. Gus will keep our boys grounded, focused and determined. Gus will not let our guys get discouraged in the face of adversity. He is a football genius. He has the respect of his coaching staff, his players, the school administration, and the fans. These are the intangibles that the talking-heads of the media do not understand. They do not witness these attributes like we do. They are not members of the Auburn Family, nor do they understand the bond shared by all Auburn fans. They scratch their head when they see an 80 year old man say "War Eagle" to a 10-year old kid, and that kid immediately reply back "War Eagle!". We are Family, and families share a special bond that others cannot see. This will be our difference maker this year. Tough schedule be damned, we are the Auburn Tigers. We will be 0:13 seconds better this year, and that trophy will be ours. Mark My Words!!!

... How will we react if we slip up? ... These are things that cannot be predicted. ...

Oh, I know exactly how "we" will react. There will be the "sky-is-falling/end-of-the-world" types, the "we'll-be-fine" types, and the "it's-great-to-be-an-Auburn-Tiger" types. I could even predict some screen names for each category....

As to the rest of your post, well said.

First, I wear my Orange and Blue glasses proudly!!! That said, I worry a little about this season because of two things: strength of schedule and the expectations within the Auburn Family and the team.

Our schedule is brutal! No other team in the nation has as tough a road to the top 4 as we do. Tough games usually bring about injured/banged up players, and if we suffer injuries to key players, that could be enough to knock us out of the playoff.

As for the expectations of the team and the Auburn Family, it will be interesting to see how we handle adversity through the year. The players know they came 0:13 seconds away from a NC last year, and I know they are focused and determined to finish the job this season. We fans also know the weapons we have on offense, and that our defense appears to be more solid this year, so we expect to be back in the NC picture. How will we react if we slip up? How will the players react? These are things that cannot be predicted. History is full of teams that, on paper, should destroy any team they face, but in reality, lose games to lesser opponents. It happens. Our job will be to keep supporting our boys no matter what happens, which is what we always do.

The X-factor we have, in my opinion, is Gus Malzahn, and our coaching staff. Gus will keep our boys grounded, focused and determined. Gus will not let our guys get discouraged in the face of adversity. He is a football genius. He has the respect of his coaching staff, his players, the school administration, and the fans. These are the intangibles that the talking-heads of the media do not understand. They do not witness these attributes like we do. They are not members of the Auburn Family, nor do they understand the bond shared by all Auburn fans. They scratch their head when they see an 80 year old man say "War Eagle" to a 10-year old kid, and that kid immediately reply back "War Eagle!". We are Family, and families share a special bond that others cannot see. This will be our difference maker this year. Tough schedule be damned, we are the Auburn Tigers. We will be 0:13 seconds better this year, and that trophy will be ours. Mark My Words!!!

I feel what you're saying,I'll be proud if the team makes it to the ship or not,it's just hard because of what happened in the last game after all the things that the team did last season,it's hard not to be pissed if the team doesn't at least make the nc,especially after being rewarded with the schedule we have and bammer being rewarded yet again with the schedule that they got..... but if not this year we'll be good cuz we're not falling into that horrible streak of bad seasons again

... How will we react if we slip up? ... These are things that cannot be predicted. ...

Oh, I know exactly how "we" will react. There will be the "sky-is-falling/end-of-the-world" types, the "we'll-be-fine" types, and the "it's-great-to-be-an-Auburn-Tiger" types. I could even predict some screen names for each category....

As to the rest of your post, well said.

:popcorn:

Archived