How we finish this season

HarpyTrain

Arkansas: W Why even worry about the hogs? Gus owns Bielema

San Jose State: W ​ Standard drill; first team 1st half, mop ups in 2nd half

K State: W One of our toughest games this year. Snyder is excellent coach, his team will be ready. But so will Gus; we have the talent.

La Tech: W see SJSU

LSU: W They lost their QB, running backs, half their defense. Talent, yes: but we'll have their players eating our turf.

Moo St: W Also one of our toughest games. One of the few we should be really worried about. But we have the talent to do it.

USCe: W Two week break until this game; Gus will have them ready. Dillon Thompson gonna be good. But we can do it.

Ole Miss: W Gonna be tough. Last regular season team we really need to worry about.

TAMU: W No Johnny Football, no offense. Rebuilding for them. Maybe we return the 63 point favor?

UGA: W Sure they have Gurhsall; but new QB; means no points. We know how to score on their DC

Scrimmage: W Do the starters even need to play?

'Bammer: W I wouldn't be surprised if they lose to WVA in their first game. Seriously, Coker was a third string QB.

SEC Championship: W Who from the east has the firepower to compete with us. Really. Ask yourselves, really.

Playoffs. Ohio state?? Oklahoma? Oregon? Criminoles? Baylor? We can beat any of them. Stop worrying yourselves into an early grave LOL. This season is going to be a special one for us. WDE!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much fun as last year was, with the MooState final drive, the aTm game, the UGA Prayer at Jordan-Hare, and the Kick-6...heck, even the way the boys never gave up in the LSU game...

I am hoping that this year, every game begins and ends with no doubts.

As much fun as last year was, with the MooState final drive, the aTm game, the UGA Prayer at Jordan-Hare, and the Kick-6...heck, even the way the boys never gave up in the LSU game...

Yeah I've had my fill of close games to last me for a lifetime. I wanna see dominance. It's been oh 10 years since that occurred regularly.

One of the things I want to see again is an Auburn team absolutely dominates a team that they're not supposed to dominate at all I.e. tennesse game in Knoxville, '04 or LSU game in Baton Rouge, '99.

One of the things I want to see again is an Auburn team absolutely dominates a team that they're not supposed to dominate at all I.e. tennesse game in Knoxville, '04 or LSU game in Baton Rouge, '99.

Amen, and if we can successfully navigate this " brutal" schedule this could go down as THE greatest Auburn team ever.

But the reality is Auburn is going to be tested in some of these games. It will probably be the season that my wife's been predicting that I will finally have a heart attack. But a win is a win. And I can't wait to get it started . War Damn Eagle!

I hope we get FSU in the playoffs. It'd be sweet to get revenge on crab legs.

yes it would

I've been am Auburn fan since 2008, my first semester at Auburn. Needles to say, my ticker has taken a brutal beating since then. What a stretch of years.

I'm hoping for more blowouts, but I hate the way Bama fans are used to it. I never want to expect to win.

yeah that'll be easier on the fans..wish it could be that way but no matter how good we expect we're gonna be, we gotta respect our opponents, im not overlooking anyone but the fcs teams

Yeah I've had my fill of close games to last me for a lifetime. I wanna see dominance. It's been oh 10 years since that occurred regularly.

yes no more games like the missouri game,if we're gonna dominate we need to do it on both sides of the ball, Why not us? - should be the motto for this year

I've been am Auburn fan since 2008, my first semester at Auburn. Needles to say, my ticker has taken a brutal beating since then. What a stretch of years.

I'm hoping for more blowouts, but I hate the way Bama fans are used to it. I never want to expect to win.

true true, but i dont think the fans will feel entitled like some bammers are

Their reactions to a lose make it that much better though. LOL ;D

Amen, and if we can successfully navigate this " brutal" schedule this could go down as THE greatest Auburn team ever.

But the reality is Auburn is going to be tested in some of these games. It will probably be the season that my wife's been predicting that I will finally have a heart attack. But a win is a win. And I can't wait to get it started . War Damn Eagle!

Saw an article today (in an Alabama Living magazine so can't quote it here), I believe the author was Bill Bradford (former coach). Obviously written for fans in the state of Alabama. He had Bama beating AU in the Iron Bowl and winning the SEC Championship over Georgia, but AU still making the playoffs as the #4 team. In the semifinals he had #4 AU beating #1 FSU, then #2 Bama beating #3 Oregon in the other semifinal, setting an Iron Bowl rematch. In the Championship he had #4 AU beating #2 Bama, giving AU a 13-1 season and National Championship and Bama 14-1 and SEC Championship with each team beating the other at some point in the season.

Saw an article today (in an Alabama Living magazine so can't quote it here), I believe the author was Bill Bradford (former coach). Obviously written for fans in the state of Alabama. He had Bama beating AU in the Iron Bowl and winning the SEC Championship over Georgia, but AU still making the playoffs as the #4 team. In the semifinals he had #4 AU beating #1 FSU, then #2 Bama beating #3 Oregon in the other semifinal, setting an Iron Bowl rematch. In the Championship he had #4 AU beating #2 Bama, giving AU a 13-1 season and National Championship and Bama 14-1 and SEC Championship with each team beating the other at some point in the season.

If it happens that way, you'll suddenly hear Bama fans crowing about how it's harder to win an SEC championship than a natty.

interesting....only if some other team than the conference champions could make it in..Mr. Bradford!

That is stupid crap and wishful thinking by the author, at best. Bama will be lucky to finish 3rd in the west this year.

That is stupid crap and wishful thinking by the author, at best. Bama will be lucky to finish 3rd in the west this year.

With that schedule, they could go 12-0, not sure how they'd be "lucky"

Gotta look at it without bias, they go @Ole Miss and then they get a break with Arkansas. Only time I could see them losing is if Florida becomes amazing in the first 4 weeks or if the back to back challenge of Tenn/LSU beats them, but on paper they should tear up both. That's a should though, but I think the lowest they'd go in the conference is second.

Gotta look at it without bias, they go @Ole Miss and then they get a break with Arkansas. Only time I could see them losing is if Florida becomes amazing in the first 4 weeks or if the back to back challenge of Tenn/LSU beats them, but on paper they should tear up both. That's a should though, but I think the lowest they'd go in the conference is second.

Yes no matter how fun it is to hope they lose 3 or 4, no doubt this is still a very very good bammer team. And IMO I think they can beat most on their schedule with a very average QB. They have won 3 nattys with very average at best QB'S in the past. I would never underestimate them.

Yes no matter how fun it is to hope they lose 3 or 4, no doubt this is still a very very good bammer team. And IMO I think they can beat most on their schedule with a very average QB. They have won 3 nattys with very average at best QB'S in the past. I would never underestimate them.

2 of those championships they backed their way in. They didn't do nothing special, right place at the right time.

How do we finish? That's why they play the games, to find out.

We have the talent and coaching to win them all. But in addition to playing all of the rest of the SEC West we play the top two teams in the East, have road games at Bama & UGA, and a tough foe on the road @ K-State. There are nine games where if we are on our "A" game or if they get a lucky break or a blown call by the ref and all we get is a W.

That's why I love college football. As they say, "...the thrill of victory...the agony of defear..."

How do we finish? That's why they play the games, to find out.

We have the talent and coaching to win them all. But in addition to playing all of the rest of the SEC West we play the top two teams in the East, have road games at Bama & UGA, and a tough foe on the road @ K-State. There are nine games where if we are on our "A" game or if they get a lucky break or a blown call by the ref and all we get is a W.

That's why I love college football. As they say, "...the thrill of victory...the agony of defear..."

I ain't defeared of nobody!

"Bama has talent coming into this season; they lack experience. They are one of the least experienced teams on both lines - by far. That's not going to help Coker out at all - and he's a third stringer at best anyways. By comparison, Auburn, the Aggies, and both Mississippi schools are far and away more experienced than bama is and A&M aside, they all return very good and very experienced QB's. It's no stretch at all to see 3-5 losses for this 'Bama team.

Check out this hype video, one of the best i've seen, already watched it like 5 times!

Archived