2015 3* JUCO DT Terrien Steele (Faulkner signee)

bikeriderga

But what about for 2015? We need some surprises on the DL for next year too cause we're doing very well in getting some top OL.

There is a better than good chance we land Rochester from next years class and he is a 5 star DT. He is a monster.

His question is valid though. We lose a LOT off the d-line after this season. We need some warm bodies to play in 2015. 2016 recruits won't help with that.

We've recruited the DL really well the last couple of years. So unless injuries just get out of control we'll have plenty of bodies to put out there. We'll also have Lawson and Adams which are potential game changers inside and out. So it's not like a 5* is required for this next class to be considered successful. Of course it would be good but not end of the world if it doesn't happen. I'm sure we'll sign atleast 4 DL but who they will be I have no idea.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what about for 2015? We need some surprises on the DL for next year too cause we're doing very well in getting some top OL.

There is a better than good chance we land Rochester from next years class and he is a 5 star DT. He is a monster.

His question is valid though. We lose a LOT off the d-line after this season. We need some warm bodies to play in 2015. 2016 recruits won't help with that.

We've recruited the DL really well the last couple of years. So unless injuries just get out of control we'll have plenty of bodies to put out there. We'll also have Lawson and Adams which are potential game changers inside and out. So it's not like a 5* is required for this next class to be considered successful. Of course it would be good but not end of the world if it doesn't happen. I'm sure we'll sign atleast 4 DL but who they will be I have no idea.

Totally understand, but the point is: Who are the 4 DL that remain? Just concerning, because we may have to flip more than one or two, in order to get 4 good quality DL.

At the risk of redundancy: typically I'm not worried about much at this point in the recruiting cycle. But the fact is, very good football teams that we play every season are loading up at a position of need for us and we are not. It's fine to say, "Garner's got tricks up his sleeve", "It's only August", "The Lord works in mysterious ways" and any number of other pacifiers. But until we land a couple more guys, it's still a glaring hole in an otherwise stellar class. Nobody should take any heat simply for pointing that out.

uat- two 4* DLs, two 3*, four total

a&M- one 5*, one 4*, one 3*, three total

clemson, who we will play against at least twice with players from this recruiting cycle- three 4*s, two 3*s, five total

usc, who we could theoretically play against in atlanta or beyond with players from this recruiting cycle- four 4*s, two 3*s, six total

uga- one 5*, three 4*s, two 3*s, EDIT: SIX total

msu- three 3*s, three total

lsu- one 3*, one total

On top of having to play these teams, we recruit against all of them. LSU looks pretty week at the bottom of that list, don't they? Now I do believe that Jauntavius Johnson will be a beast, but on paper, we're right there with LSU. And in addition to Auburn recruiting against those schools, most of them have at least one guy that we wanted.

It's fine to believe that we will catch up at DL. We all hope that we do, and will all be happy if and when that happens. But there's a lot catching up to be done, and until it happens... it hasn't.

At the risk of redundancy: typically I'm not worried about much at this point in the recruiting cycle. But the fact is, very good football teams that we play every season are loading up at a position of need for us and we are not. It's fine to say, "Garner's got tricks up his sleeve", "It's only August", "The Lord works in mysterious ways" and any number of other pacifiers. But until we land a couple more guys, it's still a glaring hole in an otherwise stellar class. Nobody should take any heat simply for pointing that out.

clemson, who we will play against at least twice with players from this recruiting cycle- three 4*s, two 3*s, five total

usc, who we could theoretically play against in atlanta or beyond with players from this recruiting cycle- four 4*s, two 3*s, six total

uga- one 5*, three 4*s, two 3*s, five total

lsu- one 3*, one total

On top of having to play these teams, we recruit against all of them. LSU looks pretty week at the bottom of that list, don't they? Now I do believe that Jauntavius Johnson will be a beast, but on paper, we're right there with LSU. And in addition to Auburn recruiting against those schools, most of them have at least one guy that we wanted.

It's fine to believe that we will catch up at DL. We all hope that we do, and will all be happy if and when that happens. But there's a lot catching up to be done, and until it happens... it hasn't.

This.

lsu- one 3*, one total

Nice post, McLoofus. And the highlighted claim is indisputable. ;)

lsu- one 3*, one total

I dunno, AUbritt... I'm hesitant to even claim that the Earth is round 'round here :)

based on the math, :dunno:UGA has 6, not 5.

YOU MEAN IT'S WORSE

J/k, sorry... somebody even said earlier in another thread that they have six. I'll correct.

lsu- one 3*, one total

I dunno, AUbritt... I'm hesitant to even claim that the Earth is round 'round here :)

Its not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uga- one 5*, three 4*s, two 3*s, EDIT: SIX total

lsu- one 3*, one total

This is a great list.

One thing to compare this too is the 6 we brought in last year. Plus the DE who transferred in from TX Tech makes 7. Not sure what the others listed above brought in but I think we may end up with 2 to 3 more.

I hope we get a top guy on our board this year.

Just a quick scan of last years 2014 recruiting classes - defensive line signees; this is a quick look and I have no idea how many qualified and are enrolled. Just supporting McLoofus' input above and something to think about.

LSU - 5

A&M - 6

USCe - 5

Bama - 6

Miss St - 5

Ole Miss - 5

Clemson - 1 - really! (although 2-3 "big" guys are labeled "athletes")

I just love the fact that we are now 7 pages in and counting on a JUCO lineman that AU isn't even interested in...

When was the last post that was even made about TS? Just an observation, don't really need to know! :drippingsarcasm7pa:

I don't think I will even be worried if we only sign one. It won't happen like that though because like last year the DL play will recruit itself. There will be new names to breakout as well.

Archived