Official 2014 Nip Watch

WarTim

Once again it is time to get this season started for our beloved Auburn Tigers! Whispers and hints of The Nip are already making themselves known.....IF you are looking. (AS I am all too often and all too soon...According to my lovely Bride)

So let's hear It Guys and Gals. Share those signs that tell YOU Football is just around the corner. :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

War Eagle ! ! ! :wareagle:

Tim

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my "pre-nipulation" was bashed, mocked, then deleted on Monday for nothing smh...glad its that time of year WDE

This is an unusual year to be sure. August 1 and morning low is 70 (!) In Fort Worth, TX, headed to a high of only 85!

I think it's high time we started seeing pictures! The Nip is not going to tease us much this year!

The Nip may not tease but some posters here will....... :jossun:

I was mowing over fallen leaves from my cherry tree yesterday.....fall is getting close!

fyi thats most likely a fungus issue called fire blight....willing to bet the leaves looked as if insects chewed them and have black spots all over.

I can't wait for cold weather. It was impossible to go outside in June and most of July :-(

I am the complete opposite. I enjoy weather while despising the cold.

The Nip is a double-edged sword for me. Yay for the upcoming football season, boo for the approaching winter months...

I watched the boys head across Donahue this morning....the NIP is here! :)

I can't wait for cold weather. It was impossible to go outside in June and most of July :-(

I am the complete opposite. I enjoy weather while despising the cold.

The Nip is a double-edged sword for me. Yay for the upcoming football season, boo for the approaching winter months...

I would rather hunt for a shade than hunt for a heater but the nippy weather is something I enjoy. Just not the freezing and below weather!

In Central Alabama, that cold front moved down earlier this week and mornings were in the low 60s and and highs only in the 80s. However, as Fall Practice has started, it seems we are getting back to the warmer days of August once again. Howwever, the tease of the nip for some cooler mornings only mde me more ready for football season. 29 days and counting.

Ah, yes, I've been waiting for this..

I usually drink my coffee in the morning on my front porch in my pajamas. Just a few days ago, I walked out wearing some shorts and no shirt (poor neighbors) and thought, "Boy, the nip is near."

And here we are, waiting for its grand arrival..

I went outside this morning and thought it smelled and felt like fall. I went out just a bit ago and the humidity is really high so now, it doesn't feel like fall so much. I am itching to put up my Auburn wreath on the door and I did make it out to purchase some merchandise to make an Auburn mailbox topper. It's getting close and I can not wait.

For the uninitiated, you can read up on the history of "The NIP" here:

A lot of people posting in that thread we haven't seen around here in a long time.

Archived