2014 Fall Practice - Day 1

RunInRed

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now, in Year Two, Gus Malzahn says the expectations are greater and Auburn won't be slipping up on anybody.

"We're in a completely different state," he said as Auburn moves to the start of fall practice Friday.

"You've just got to be honest with them on the possible things that can keep us from reaching our goals. They have to aware," he said. "Last year at this time we weren't on anybody's radar. It was easy to be together with something to prove because they were embarrassed the year before."

"This year it's the motivation of being that close in the last game," Malzahn said. "This year we're going to be circled, we're going to have to be that much better, we've got players receiving attention, which we had zero last year. You have to be aware of everything that goes with that.

"It's been a long offseason from the standpoint of having lost the last game, and that big of a game, so I'm real excited, and I know our coaches are and are players are, to get back on the field, and carry on the momentum that we had last year. I'm excited to watch a new team develop. The positives are we have a lot of guys back and our entire staff back, which I think is very critical."

http://www.auburntig.../080114aaa.html

Was that some Russell tags on some gear I saw in there? Awesome video and I can't wait for the hogs.

Was that some Russell tags on some gear I saw in there? Awesome video and I can't wait for the hogs.

Thought the same thing...Russell?

I am confident we will have a great season but I think undefeated is a long shot. That being said....We have a very difficult schedule and it is hard to dodge those day when things simply wont go your way. In a competitive game a dropped pass or a missed call by the officials can doom you to a loss. Here is hoping we continue to get our share of breaks.

I am so excited over our chances.

I must have missed the Russell tags? ...

Two different Russell tags. One item at 19 seconds and the other at 20

Got it ... inquiry launched ;)

Sometimes a certain "type" of equipment is supplemented by another brand. ;)

Players with number changes:

Niko Anthony from 41 to 49.

Mack Van Gorder from 12 to 13.

Dominic Walker from 3 to 83.

Jimmy Hutchinson from 28 to 32.

Chris Laye from 47 to 46.

Wade Norberg from 32 to 28.

Lawyer Tillman from 46 to 47.

Joshua Thompson from 79 to 78.

B.J. Trimble from 39 to 33.

By the looks of twitter so many auburn players are hungry and feel they have something to prove, the players who felt the ship taken away from them rub off on the newcomers and they get that same feeling of having a chip on their shoulder. This team is going to be scary beyond means, i remember going into last season i was just hoping we made a bowl game, this year of course because of the schedule there's another reason for doubt to creep in, I believe we'll make the playoffs in the 4th seed. War Eagle

U are slap dead on! I predicted only 2 losses last year, and they were against LSU and aTm, what a nice surprise I got huh? Well, this year, I will say if we take care of business and remember 13seconds and forever43, we will go back!!

I don't believe it's a team policy ...

I don't think it is a policy either. However, i did see several players stating yesterday they wouldn't be back on twitter for a while. I'd imagine with going 7 straight days they will not have much time or energy to deal with twitter. I just think it shows the level of focus many of the players have. We were 13 seconds away and they want to get back and finish the job.

There is still doubt from those outside of the AUFamily that it was a fluke and our schedule is not any easier this season. I've seen several players tweets make reference to those things as part of their motivation.

Players with number changes:

Niko Anthony from 41 to 49.

Mack Van Gorder from 12 to 13.

Dominic Walker from 3 to 83.

Jimmy Hutchinson from 28 to 32.

Chris Laye from 47 to 46.

Wade Norberg from 32 to 28.

Lawyer Tillman from 46 to 47. <-- Still has eligibility? Sweet.

Joshua Thompson from 79 to 78.

B.J. Trimble from 39 to 33.

Lace'em up. Let's rol...,er, let's War Eagle!!!!!! Can't even bring myself to say the ro_ _ word!

Archived