Unemployment rate rises to 6.2 percent

AUtiger98

The economy is growing but more people are out of work. Link

Goes to show you all the fake economic numbers we have been given over the last few years were just part of the political games played in Washington. I'm sure the problem at the border will help the economy too. I've actually hear members of both parties say amnesty would help the economy.

And everyone knows that the unemployment figures that are released do not show the real picture. That goes for both political parties.

The economy is growing but more people are out of work. Link

Goes to show you all the fake economic numbers we have been given over the last few years were just part of the political games played in Washington. I'm sure the problem at the border will help the economy too. I've actually hear members of both parties say amnesty would help the economy.

U6 is a better measure of how bad it is.

It was 12.6 percent for July 2014.

U-6 Total unemployed, plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all persons marginally attached to the labor force

http://www.bls.gov/n.../empsit.t15.htm

http://portalseven.c...ent_rate_u6.jsp

Ironically, the thing you guys have been griping about as it relates to jobs, those who have given up looking, are now starting to reenter the job market, thus driving up the rate ...

Payrolls Growing as More Americans Search for Work

The U.S. economy added more than 200,000 jobs for a sixth straight month, showing progress toward sustaining faster growth entering the sixth year of expansion. The improving conditions drew more job seekers into the labor force, pushing up the unemployment rate.

The 209,000 advance in employment in July followed a 298,000 June increase that was stronger than initially reported, figures from the Labor Department showed today in Washington. Unemployment climbed to 6.2 percent from 6.1 percent, while wages and hours were little changed from the prior month.

The degree of hiring this year may help trigger a self-reinforcing cycle of better spending and job opportunities that will spur the economy. Another report today showed manufacturing expanded last month at the fastest pace in more than three years, led by a surge in orders.

“These are good, solid numbers,” said Ethan Harris, co-head of global economics research at Bank of America Corp. in New York. “We’re seeing the employment side coming together."

http://www.bloomberg...te-at-6-2-.html

Ironically, the thing you guys have been griping about as it relates to jobs, those who have given up looking, are now starting to reenter the job market, thus driving up the rate ...

Ironically, you guys didn't believe us when we said the unemployment rate was much higher when the rate was above 9%. That's why the labor participation rate is another good indicator. In June the labor force participation rate was 62.8%, its lowest level since 1978. Welcome back Carter.

RIR, payrolls may be growing but I don't know how since average income is not. I suppose that means more lower paying jobs are being created.

RIR, payrolls may be growing but I don't know how since average income is not. I suppose that means more lower paying jobs are being created.

It is mostly part time work.

It is mostly part time work.

They are hiring part time employees to avoid the obamacare mess.

Archived