Barbee to Kentucky

Proud Tiger

Reports are that Barbee is headed to Kentucky as an ass't to his old mentor Calipari. That should save us some money.

I hope it works out for him. Obviously, Barbee was a poor match with the AU head coaching position, but he was a good guy and didn't do anything to embarrass Auburn.

I hope it works out for him. Obviously, Barbee was a poor match with the AU head coaching position, but he was a good guy and didn't do anything to embarrass Auburn.

++

++

Yep ^^ Well said.

Would make sense. Time for him to re-group, the man is going to wanna continue his career. Would be a good move IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Eh, we can debate "embarrass," but I am very glad to see he has landed somewhere. In this economy, I hate to see anyone lose their job and I am glad he's found a way to continue supporting his family at a great institution. Best of luck to him for sure!

Eh, we can debate "embarrass," but I am very glad to see he has landed somewhere. In this economy, I hate to see anyone lose their job and I am glad he's found a way to continue supporting his family at a great institution. Best of luck to him for sure!

Well Auburn was still paying him IIRC.

That is correct. I know the contract called for him to get $750,000 for each year of the contract after being fired...don't know if that will go away with him taking this job or not.

That is correct. I know the contract called for him to get $750,000 for each year of the contract after being fired...don't know if that will go away with him taking this job or not.

I think Auburn pays him the difference if I'm not mistaken.

I think Auburn pays him the difference if I'm not mistaken.

Correct that's the standard agreement.

Mike Shula after being fired by Bama got an NFL assistant coaching job. Which allowed UAT to just pay the salary difference for 5 years, it also resulted in Cam being coached by an UAT paid coach :-)

These ex coaches are suppose to make an effort to find jobs. GGC has only had an analyst job with XM Radio last year and now with ESPN, I not sure he ever had another sports related job.

Archived