Obamacare----Reality Is Setting In

Proud Tiger

Funny, here is my take away from the article:

Despite the increase in the share with an unfavorable view of the ACA, a strong majority of the public continues to prefer that their representative in Congress work on improving the law (60 percent) rather than working to repeal and replace it with something else (35 percent), shares that have been consistent over the last several months. Even among Republicans and those with an unfavorable view of the law, about a third would prefer to see the law improved rather than repealed and replaced (32 percent and 36 percent, respectively).

I view this as a positive article and poll. Cause like me, all people are seeing is this crap from politicians:

Similarly, among the 53 percent who say they saw any political ads about the law in the past month, more than twice as many say the ads they saw were mostly in opposition to the law rather than mostly in support of it (19 percent versus 7 percent).

So it appears I am not the only one that is tired of the Republican side of repeal repeal repeal everything in the ACA is evil that was all over there ads and at my front door in person. That versus seeing mud slinging, stone walling and cock blocking I want to see action taken.

Know what else is funny is that not one of you are any better than they are at the moment. Even when myself and someone else admitted that we were aided by the law in the fact that before it we were considered uninsurable not one of you asked what that was like, or did you ever fear getting sick, or what would you do if you had a medical emergency..... you used us as a statistic to say it really wasn't helping anyone.

I want to start hearing alternative plans.... I want to start hearing solutions.

Personally for me, the Republican plan for me seems to be.... be uninsurable, get sick, go bankrupt, and die. Welcome to America.

The democrat side is pay up, it's not your decision, and expendable is the new sustainable. So....it looks like both sides get what they want.

So it appears I am not the only one that is tired of the Republican side of repeal repeal repeal everything in the ACA is evil that was all over their ads and at my front door in person. That versus seeing mud slinging, stone walling and cock blocking I want to see action taken.

Know what else is funny is that not one of you are any better than they are at the moment. Even when myself and someone else admitted that we were aided by the law in the fact that before it we were considered uninsurable not one of you asked what that was like, or did you ever fear getting sick, or what would you do if you had a medical emergency..... you used us as a statistic to say it really wasn't helping anyone.

I want to start hearing alternative plans.... I want to start hearing solutions.

Personally for me, the Republican plan for me seems to be.... be uninsurable, get sick, go bankrupt, and die. Welcome to America.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

The first guy to change from defend defend defend and repeal repeal repeal and get to fixing the ACA will be the next President and the next American Hero.

We have been stuck for four years screaming at each other and doing absolutely nothing.

So it appears I am not the only one that is tired of the Republican side of repeal repeal repeal everything in the ACA is evil that was all over their ads and at my front door in person. That versus seeing mud slinging, stone walling and cock blocking I want to see action taken.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

The first guy to change from defend defend defend and repeal repeal repeal and get to fixing the ACA will be the next President and the next American Hero.

We have been stuck for four years screaming at each other and doing absolutely nothing.

They will definitely have my attention.

Despite the increase in the share with an unfavorable view of the ACA, a strong majority of the public continues to prefer that their representative in Congress work on improving the law (60 percent) rather than working to repeal and replace it with something else (35 percent), shares that have been consistent over the last several months. Even among Republicans and those with an unfavorable view of the law, about a third would prefer to see the law improved rather than repealed and replaced (32 percent and 36 percent, respectively).

I view this as a positive article and poll. Cause like me, all people are seeing is this crap from politicians:

Similarly, among the 53 percent who say they saw any political ads about the law in the past month, more than twice as many say the ads they saw were mostly in opposition to the law rather than mostly in support of it (19 percent versus 7 percent).

So it appears I am not the only one that is tired of the Republican side of repeal repeal repeal everything in the ACA is evil that was all over there ads and at my front door in person. That versus seeing mud slinging, stone walling and cock blocking I want to see action taken.

Exactly. (And it was me who got insurance under the ACA when I couldn't before.)

I have said all along that whatever it's faults, it "put the ball in play". There is little doubt it will be changed over time.

And it's illustrative of the Republican mindset that they attack Obama for unilaterally changing it when all they have to offer is repeal.

Exactly. (And it was me who got insurance under the ACA when I couldn't before.)

I have said all along that whatever it's faults, it "put the ball in play". There is little doubt it will be changed over time.

And it's illustrative of the Republican mindset that they attack Obama for unilaterally changing it when all they have to offer is repeal.

So, if this president can unilaterally change the health care law that means the next president can unilaterally change the health care law too. Repeal may be easier than we thought. Or will we go back to the rule of law when we get a new president?

So, if this president can unilaterally change the health care law that means the next president can unilaterally change the health care law too. Repeal may be easier than we thought. Or will we go back to the rule of law when we get a new president?

Like I said, the Republican mindset is to attack Obama for improving a law they would appeal. :-\

Like I said, the Republican mindset is to attack Obama for improving a law they would appeal. :-\

I guess the bigger question, is do you believe the president or any future president has the power to unilaterally change a law (any law)?

Like I said, the Republican mindset is to attack Obama for improving a law they would appeal. :-\/>

Maybe Obama should have got it right the first time. But that wasn't the plan, was it? :)

"Like I said, the Republican mindset is to attack Obama for improving a law they would appeal." :-\

So, you call delaying the effective date of the employer mandate, strictly for political reasons, improving it? Like I said, these people are very calculated and only understand one thing..brute political power and are willing to do whatever it takers to enhance their chances of maintaining it. Improve it...lmfao!

"Like I said, the Republican mindset is to attack Obama for improving a law they would appeal." :-\

So, you call delaying the effective date of the employer mandate, strictly for political reasons, improving it? Like I said, these people are very calculated and only understand one thing..brute political power and are willing to do whatever it takers to enhance their chances of maintaining it. Improve it...lmfao!

Going to add on here too.

1300+ Organizational Exemptions strictly for political benefit of the Democrat Party are "Improving" the law???

Delaying the Employer Mandate till just after the 2014 Elections, so as to benefit the Democrat midterm hopes, that is "Improving" the law???

Seems your definition of "Improving" the law is 100% tied to "Improving" the political chances of the Democrat Party in your opinion and not the effect of the law on the average American...

Yes I do think it is an improvement, regardless of the motivation. That seems obvious. Why delay it otherwise?

Now explain to me why Republicans feel that delaying part of a law they would like to repeal is such a terrible thing. (Even though I know the answer, let's hear it from you.)

1300+ Organizational Exemptions strictly for political benefit of the Democrat Party are "Improving" the law???

Delaying the Employer Mandate till just after the 2014 Elections, so as to benefit the Democrat midterm hopes, that is "Improving" the law???

Seems your definition of "Improving" the law is 100% tied to "Improving" the political chances of the Democrat Party in your opinion and not the effect of the law on the average American...

I don't accept that this is a 100% political move, but I will be honest and say that I don't know the break between the political and practical motivation. Maybe, the employee mandate part could have been fully implemented as originally scheduled thus avoiding sanctions or penalties, but I doubt it.

However, if the basic fault is the law was too aggressive in it's planned implementation, the difference between practical and political are moot. In other words, I see no fault in delaying it if it avoids either practical (need more time) or political (fines, sanctions) problems.

I suppose you can interpret that as a completely political motivation, but so what? It certainly doesn't preclude the law from being repealed if that's what the Republicans really want. And I could just as easily assign the motivation for wanting it repealed as being purely political. It's not like they really intend to replace it with something better.

This objection to Obama delaying it is a red herring. If the American people want it repealed, it will be repealed.

Maybe Obama should have got it right the first time. But that wasn't the plan, was it? :)

Well, just look at the "imperfection" of it as an ideal chance to replace it with something better.

The basic concepts of the ACA came from the Republican side of the isle, so presumably they can improve it.

Oh, I meant to ask, can you explain that please?

Is there something about these 1,300 organizations that makes them Democratic or are you speaking in general terms?

I guess the bigger question, is do you believe the president or any future president has the power to unilaterally change a law (any law)?

I responded to this last night but for some reason it never got posted. (I was having some problem with the site last night too.) Anyway, I'll take another shot at it.

There are of course legal remedies for presidential actions that would substantially altering a law just as there are for actions that violate a law. On the other hand, there is plenty of precedent for presidents simply ignoring a law (see Andrew Jackson and the Cherokee expulsion, or for that matter, Roosevelt and the Japanese American internment) or otherwise stretching or extending the law (the so called "unitary executive" theory).

I can also easily imagine circumstances in which the POTUS would take unilateral action to change a law if it is in the best interests of the country.

So bottom line, the answer is "it depends". It depends on the particulars of the law at issue and - more importantly - the political and legal response of the legislature and courts to the change.

Archived