Kozan out for year

Randman5000

Bring it on.

My link will not work on phone but it's a done deal.

Saw Cole cubelic last night and he called this.

FROM ITAT:

Alex Kozan, who earned Freshman All-SEC honors last season at left guard, will miss the entire 2014 season after having back surgery

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy hate to hear this....we have plenty of depth at OL but just goes to show you that in college football you can think you are set at a position....and then POW....someone valuable does down.

Was known for weeks. Gus likes to wait as long as he can to announce these things. I can understand his reasoning, but it certainly is a little frustrating.

Hate this for Kozan. K, Get better, work hard at rehab and can't wait to see you wearing the orange and blue soon!

Kozan is the best guard I've seen in a long time at AU. He's a sophomore and plays like a senior. Bad news. Wish him the best

Who is his most likely replacement?

Avery Young will likely start at guard in Kozan's place. Today, the starting line was Coleman and Miller at tackle, Slade and Young at guard, and Dismukes at center.

Robert Leff has apparently been developing well but I'm sure Braden Smith would get a good look if there were any further injuries.

I can very easily see Coleman and MIller at OT and AY taking over for Kozan by game day. Not even sure the offensive line will skip much of a beat with those guys.

Oh yea...And get better AK!!

Sorry to hear...get healthy young man so that you can play catch with your kids one day and have a productive life.

A lot of depth on the OL, so it should not be much of an issue for the team. There is plenty of time to make the adjustments up front. The most important thing is for Kozan, as well as Carl Lawson, to get the proper treatment and not try to rush back. They both have great futures and plenty of championships to win.

I posted about this weeks ago. Cole Cubelic "calling this" last night wasn't exactly cutting edge insider info.

Indeed you did, but it got squashed because the PTB put your info into the "rumor" category and deleted it. I understand the policy on rumors, but sometimes someone has direct personal knowledge and there's no link available. There should be some system for when a long-time member in good standing says "I know so-and-so from first hand information" it can be allowed on the board.

There WAS a lot of depth on the O-line. Robinson left early for the NFL, now Kozan is injured....the depth ain't quite so deep. We are now one sprained ankle away from seeing a starter we didn't expect to see much at all this year.

Archived