National Championship Game Tickets

RunInRed

If you're into speculating about a specific team's chances at making the Championship Game, I came across an interesting site that lets you secure tickets before the season starts. In short, the way it works is you buy-in at a weekly rate and if your team makes the game, you get a ticket. As an example, Auburn is currently priced ~$10/week ... so for 14 weeks, your costs would be ~$140 for a ticket to the big game. Again, it's a weekly buy-in so if AU drops a game or two or for whatever you reason you lose faith in them making it, you just stop paying. But if you pay the whole season and they make it, you're in the money. Pretty cool concept (why didn't I think of this ticket model?) ...

Anyways, here's the link if you want to check it out. I'm in for four buy-ins (forgive me for being overly optimistic in August!) ...

http://ticketscore.c...nt=192&team=407

So if Auburn doesn't make it do you get refunded? Just asking before I do this.

Ha, nope. That's how the economics works for them. They basically take "bets" on all teams and only have to "pay out" on the two who make the game.

Also, remember, let's say Auburn drops a game or two, you can mitigate your "losses" at anytime by stop paying the weekly buy-in.

Ha, nope. That's how the economics works for them. They basically take "bets" on all teams and only have to "pay out" on the two who make the game.

Ah gotcha.

Don't fall for this. BTW, does that even include the price of the ticket, or just the right to purchase a ticket at face value?

Tickets at the Rose bowl were going for under face value last year on the street. I was kicking myself for paying over a grand. I thought... "wow, national championship at the Rose Bowl stadium and with the huge demand in Arizona, a grand seems right." Boy was I wrong. It was like betting on the stock market only to see the value plummet 90% to the bottom immediately after.

It'll be interesting to see how prices fair this year. My guess is semifinals will be cheap because people will want to stay at home to watch the games in anticipation of paying for the championship. Then when the championship comes around, people will only have 1 week to plan and thus will not travel. Both the semifinals and title game will be cheap. I learned my lesson - no more $1,000 tickets.

Where will the National Championship game be played?

Cowboy stadium, arlington texas

It includes cost of the ticket. Do what you want but all I'm saying is you could technically lock in a ticket for $140 now if AU makes it ... Even if you assumed you could get it for $300 (est face value), you'd still come out way ahead.

Don't fall for this. BTW, does that even include the price of the ticket, or just the right to purchase a ticket at face value?

I think you're thinking of the TeamTix Forward Market, which actually is a pretty bad deal if I understand it correctly. You purchase a reservation for anywhere from $100 to $1900 for the right to buy a ticket at face value ($450) if your team wins.

http://collegefootballplayoff.teamtix.com/content/home

Do you just buy in for a specific team? If I go Auburn and pay each week, but AU does not make it, can I still get a ticket or if I declare for AU and they don't make, I don't get a ticket?

Do you just buy in for a specific team? If I go Auburn and pay each week, but AU does not make it, can I still get a ticket or if I declare for AU and they don't make, I don't get a ticket?

Correct, you have to pick a specific team. If you buy-in on Auburn and they don't make it, you don't get a ticket. Again, remember, you can stop paying weekly at anytime. So let's say Auburn loses in weeks 6 and 7, you could stop buying and only be out the money for the weeks up until that point. Essentially, you wouldn't have any reason to keep buying all the way through week 14 unless your team was in the running.

I seriously doubt if tickets for this year's National Championship game will be "cheap" no matter what teams end up in the game. It's the first game under the new format being played in a premier venue, and in a centralized location. Tickets for regular season college football games at Cowboys Stadium, including the Cotton Bowl, are often $300+. For this year's NC I'm guessing get in prices for bad upper deck seats will be $500+, and if you actually want to see the game without having to watch it on the big screen you'll be looking at significantly more. Doubt if prices will rival AU / Oregon but I'd be shocked if the secondary ticket market collapses like last year. Time will tell.

With my luck, I'll buy in, Auburn will go undefeated throughout the regular season, then lose in the semifinal. I best play it safe with the trusty big screen and a bottle of fine bourbon whiskey.

Univ of Phoenix stadium only held around 75k people. Auburn was in first MNC in fifty years. I was lucky and paid $350 for a ticket. They were going for 2k outside the stadium. That being said both Rose and Cowboy stadiums hold 100k people. Auburn would be playing in 3rd MNC game in 5 years. The demand is still there but not like in 2010, I told myself that year this might be the only chance I ever have to watch Auburn play for a title.

I work for Ticketscore. Use discount code AUFAM25 and get 25% off all weeks. Also, last year was an anomaly in term of low ticket prices and we simply upgraded all winners to premium seats so that they still got tickets worth at least what our estimated market price on the site is listed at. I hope to see you all at the game. We will be hosting a party the night before the game for all winners so let us buy the bourbon!

Archived