Duke & Sammie

WFE12

Do yall think there's any chance one if not both comes back next season even if they do have a stellar year? Just the thought of having sammie on one side and duke on the other with ricardo lined up in the slot is mind-bogling. I see them being kinda like a julio & roddy duo what do yall think?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duke has been considered to be a one-and-done since he was being recruited. Wants to get to the NFL fast

The only way they come back is if they don't produce enough to get big NFL grades. I hope they both go in top 5 picks.

Sammie could have a bad year and he'd still probably go because of his combine or pro day numbers

Duke is gone. I don't know about Sammie. His freshman year was pretty OK, last year he was the man...but both years, he had trouble with the dropsies, and both years he's been mostly the deep guy. He's got wicked speed and a long body and good strength. That said, I think if he goes this year, he's a 2nd-3rd rounder.

I don't know, though, I just get this weird feeling that he comes back for his Senior year. No inside info, just my gut. And if he does stay, I think he goes top 10 in the 2016 draft - I can see him picking the team up, putting it on his back, catching some redonkulous passes from JJ, and running up and down the field.

Sammie Coates - Heisman 2015!

I don't see both of them leaving early. Frankly, it will be difficult for both of them to get the targets they need to draw attention since our offense will still be predicated on the run.

I see a combined 3,500 yards throwing maybe less maybe more, we will get more games and more plays in this season than last.

Theoretically, Marshall is a guy that tends to favor deep throws over shorter throws that take more touch and Jeremy can throw a ball anywhere he has to, so could one get over 1,000? Sure. But that leaves 2,500 for Marcus, C.J, Melvin, Tony, Ricardo, Quan, Truitt, and the occasional RB pass. I don't see one man hogging another 1,000 and leaving that 8 (and maybe more) with only 1,500.

16 WRs were taken in the top 3 rounds this year and seems to me that based on size, speed and general ability, both of these guys are likely to be in the top 20 of WRs for the coming draft. Guess it is up them them whether they want to take off early but baring injury (or some critical dropped passes) IMO, both will project high enough that they will leave.

I hate the early departure stuff but that's the way it goes these days....and who can blame the players. :dunno:

That's what I'm saying....Sammie has already drawn too much national attention. He doesn't have to have a record breaking season to get drafted. I do find it funny that some people seem to infer duke is better than Sammie and Sammie is the proven guy....

They're both gone after this year. Like someone said, Sammie will have possibly the top combine performance of any WR and Duke just seems to have the "it" factor. I'd love to keep Sammie around another year but it's not happening.

That's what I'm saying....Sammie has already drawn too much national attention. He doesn't have to have a record breaking season to get drafted. I do find it funny that some people seem to infer duke is better than Sammie and Sammie is the proven guy....

Is it they imply and you infer?.....whichever.....I get your point. Some folks get so caught up in their enthusiasm for a new player they have them on the All-SEC team before they even make a play. Sammie's been there....done that....Duke....has the potential for certain and I hope he plays to the level of expectation that most people seem to have.

Sammie Coates makes me think of a combination between Terrell Owens and Randy Moss. He can burn you but he's also really strong and can throw DBs off of him. Duke is very much a possession receiver. He seems to be a ball magnet. At A-Day he seemed to know how to find the holes in the defense to get open and he also could fight for the ball if covered. These two guys are who I'm most excited to watch on the team.

I could definitely see Duke going pro after a good year. I think Sammie will have to show improvement in his catching ability. 39 early entrants to the draft did not get drafted this year because teams are not willing to take too many risks on guys who aren't developed yet. If Sammie still has trouble with drops he may need another year to develop.

I could definitely see Duke going pro after a good year. I think Sammie will have to show improvement in his catching ability. 39 early entrants to the draft did not get drafted this year because teams are not willing to take too many risks on guys who aren't developed yet. If Sammie still has trouble with drops he may need another year to develop.

He actually had VERY few drops toward the end of last year. I saw an article about it somewhere that stated the difference between the beginning of the year and the end, but he definitely got a lot better about not dropping the ball.

Sammie's hands are not developed to the point that make him a sure fire top pick but his measurables help him out a lot. Too many around here seem to ignore his "Julio Hands". I know Sammie is a great receiver but I'm also hoping he shows softer hands this year. He and Duke should complement each other well this year because they're different types of receivers.

Both are gone after this year. I think 18 will get over 1,000 yards but Duke will have more receptions. It really doesn't matter what kind of year they have though. NFL likes measurables and combine numbers. 18 is definitely gone and Duke decided he was 1and done before he stepped foot on campus.

He actually had VERY few drops toward the end of last year. I saw an article about it somewhere that stated the difference between the beginning of the year and the end, but he definitely got a lot better about not dropping the ball.

Do you have a link to that article? I'd love to see the numbers. After rewatching some of the games from this season I noticed a trend (and hopefully a trend that continues!!!) but I never actually counted the drops.

Do you have a link to that article? I'd love to see the numbers. After rewatching some of the games from this season I noticed a trend (and hopefully a trend that continues!!!) but I never actually counted the drops.

I can't remember where I saw that unfortunately. This may call for a summoning of the StatTiger.

It's certainly possible depending on the final outcome and results of the year but it would seem to me to be a pretty exceptional occurrence of having 2 players at the same position leave early for the draft. It would mean we've had an excellent offensive year I suppose.

Yeah, I guess it will be pretty vital to develop one of the younger guys this year a bit. I'm thinking Stevens

As I recall, AU threw far fewer passes as the season went on so fewer chances for Sammie or anyone else. IMO Sammie still has to learn to "go get the ball" and not let some 5'-9 DB push him away from the ball.

We played against a couple guys like that last year......Evans and guy from FSU that caught that last pass.....they knew how to use their size to claim the spot where the ball was going to arrive at. Hopefully Sammie and Duke can do the same....makes the QB look better when a receiver will outfight the defense for a slightly errant pass.

As I recall, AU threw far fewer passes as the season went on so fewer chances for Sammie or anyone else. IMO Sammie still has to learn to "go get the ball" and not let some 5'-9 DB push him away from the ball.

We played against a couple guys like that last year......Evans and guy from FSU that caught that last pass.....they knew how to use their size to claim the spot where the ball was going to arrive at. Hopefully Sammie and Duke can do the same....makes the QB look better when a receiver will outfight the defense for a slightly errant pass.

Seems like that's something Duke is very good at. Hopefully he'll pass on that skill to the other receivers. I agree though, if Sammie can learn to go get the ball, he'll be unstoppable.

Archived