Robin Williams passes away at 63.

holy... just am now learning of this news.

He was a funny, but very disturbed person. Sorry he left us like he did.

Yep its just so so sad. Depression is an awful disease.You just never know. I do know Winters had a lot of demons as well

As Neal Boortz is fond of saying of himself ... Turning a personality disorder into a pretty good living.

Yep its just so so sad. Depression is an awful disease.You just never know. I do know Winters had a lot of demons as well

As Neal Boortz is fond of saying of himself ... Turning a personality disorder into a pretty good living.

If you can't be respectful for at least 72 hours perhaps you shouldn't post,

He was not only my favorite comedian, but my favorite actor. Awakening may have been my favorite movie. Sucks....

Very sad. He was a great supporter of the troops and participated in numerous USO tours. Depression will consume you. Dont be afraid to ask a friend suffering if they are thinking of hurting themselves.

If you can't be respectful for at least 72 hours perhaps you shouldn't post,

No idea why you're telling me that. I wasn't in the least bit being disrespectful. Robin made lots of folks laugh, lived well and did many good things , despite his struggles.

He was not only my favorite comedian, but my favorite actor. Awakening may have been my favorite movie. Sucks....

Good Will Hunting" may be my favorite movie and it was him who made it that way. not even the main role. superb talent, i assume enormous wealth and still depressed. i dont get it.

Alot of great comedian have suffered from depression. Hard to understand and its a damn shame.

I think it has to do with the fact that the general appearance and consent of a comedian is that they are happy people. Those that are comedic and laughing are not seen as depressed, thus these actions are a good way to mask or hide what has generally carried a very nasty stigma from the public.

And believe me, the keeping up of appearances and the acting that goes along with attempting to hide depression is very tiring and draining.

Robin Williams' idol when he was growing up was Jonathan winters. Winters and Williams had similar comedy styles, both being totally unpredictable. I remember watching Jonathan winters on TV in the 60s and his scene destroying the gas station in it's a mad+ world is a classic. When I first saw robin Williams do comedy I thought he was a younger Winters.

Winters entertained people along the street, in stores, and at the bank doing his routines for free even later in life. Winters also suffered from mental illnesses and was bipolar even being placed in private hospitals in 1959 and 1961 Winters died at 87 last year. That also had to weigh on Robin Williams losing his old friend and mentor.

Robin Williams' idol when he was growing up was Jonathan winters. Winters and Williams had similar comedy styles, both being totally unpredictable. I remember watching Jonathan winters on TV in the 60s and his scene destroying the gas station in it's a mad+ world is a classic. When I first saw robin Williams do comedy I thought he was a younger Winters.

Winters entertained people along the street, in stores, and at the bank doing his routines for free even later in life. Winters also suffered from mental illnesses and was bipolar even being placed in private hospitals in 1959 and 1961 Winters died at 87 last year. That also had to weigh on Robin Williams losing his old friend and mentor.

Here you go

Jonathon was the best.

Very sad, he did alot of good for people and was a very funny man. I feel greatly for him cause I have a personal understanding/experience of this.

Agreed.

As one who battles clinical depression myself, I also feel greatly for you. Fortunately, I have never descended to the depths of seriously contemplating harming myself and hope never to, but I certainly understand how it could lead one there.

I loved that movie as a kid and just found the DVD a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't realized Winters just died last year. I loved Williams movies. Saw him first in Mork and Mindy. He was a comedic genius. RIP

Very sad, he did alot of good for people and was a very funny man. I feel greatly for him cause I have a personal understanding/experience of this.

Agreed.

As one who battles clinical depression myself, I also feel greatly for you. Fortunately, I have never descended to the depths of seriously contemplating harming myself and hope never to, but I certainly understand how it could lead one there.

Same brother, sometimes its just a bitch aint it lol.

Archived