Miss State unveils new baseball stadium

May god very impressive. Were are they getting the money???

Hmmm....thinking HE might do better... even at Starkville.

I assume their line of credit is good, the cash cow known as the SEC network will start delivering milk very shortly now.

I love this pic golf. Attended my first AU game in 1969. Sat in those north end zone bleachers watching AU stomp UF and John Reeves. I remember the one scoreboard and having to always look up behind me to check the time. I imagine this picture is somewhere around that time frame. Wasn't the coliseum built in the late 60's?

I love this pic golf. Attended my first AU game in 1969. Sat in those north end zone bleachers watching AU stomp UF and John Reeves. I remember the one scoreboard and having to always look up behind me to check the time. I imagine this picture is somewhere around that time frame. Wasn't the coliseum built in the late 60's?

I believe it open in 1969

But I hear rumors Auburn has some finanical problems. Nothing concrete just rumors

So they say. At the same time that season ticket sales set a record and the Arky game is the only home SEC game not sold entirely out. Plus the aforementioned cash cow is set to start dispensing milk. I'm not buying the financial problem whine.

You might want to check attendance figures for their baseball games....not unusual for them to draw 10,000 at their current place....MSU is VERY serious about their baseball. I expect baseball (not football) is paying for this.

You might want to check attendance figures for their baseball games....not unusual for them to draw 10,000 at their current place....MSU is VERY serious about their baseball. I expect baseball (not football) is paying for this.

True about their baseball attendance, but in the long run MSU is paying for this. At a time when some claim that AU's athletic program is in a financial bind. I don't buy that we're in trouble, unless some thief managed to swipe millions.

i didn't' buy into the business about the AU athletic dept being in financial trouble..just figured the anti-JJ crowd had dreamed up something new to gripe about.

But you do have to consider all the capital investments by the department in the past 5 years or so for things that have little or no ROI thus far....Auburn Arena, Wellness Kitchen, Indoor practice facility, modernizing the baseball and softball facilities, the SEC Network broadcast facility....and more stuff that I can't think of at the moment. Most of the complaints point to the buy-outs..which are serious of course but are really small potatoes considering how much is spent on current coaches and facilities.

As for MSU baseball, just noting that they draw at least double what AU draws...perhaps almost triple....so their programs has the money for a nice park....and they have some very loyal fans....they travel about as well as UK basketball.

"The outfield suites will feature two bedrooms, a bath, kitchen and living space and will be available for use year-round."

That is some serious baseball love. Wow.

"The outfield suites will feature two bedrooms, a bath, kitchen and living space and will be available for use year-round."

That is some serious baseball love. Wow.

Remember, that's within walking distance to football and basketball as well. Probably a pretty good investment for some corporation with strong MSU ties.

as far as on-campus attendance records go, Mississippi State owns the top 11 and 17 of the top 25. (LSU has 7 of the top 25 and Ole Miss has 1). Mississippi State/Starkville does an EXCELLENT job of tying a home baseball series, their spring game and the Old Main Music Festival together during their "Super Bulldog Weekend."

as far as on-campus attendance records go, Mississippi State owns the top 11 and 17 of the top 25. (LSU has 7 of the top 25 and Ole Miss has 1). Mississippi State/Starkville does an EXCELLENT job of tying a home baseball series, their spring game and the Old Main Music Festival together during their "Super Bulldog Weekend."

And they support their bulldogs year in and year out...not just when they have a winning season....though they have done well for a long time and I guess all of that goes hand in hand. MSU and LSU stadiums are about in the same league as AA baseball as far as capacity is concerned...plus the extra boxes and such.

Nice to see that kind of facility in the SEC.....can't do anything but help the quality of baseball for all schools over time.

I believe it open in 1969

Think you are right, was at least between 68-71 when my parents were here.

Archived