2014 Fall Practice - 2nd Scrimmage

RunInRed

Catching up on what we learned today ...

Auburn has wrapped up its (believed) second scrimmage of fall camp inside 75-year-old Jordan-Hare Stadium. Gus Malzahn will be speaking.

Malzahn says the team scrimmaged for about 50 plays today, ran mostly special teams and 3rd down situations.

Malzahn said Nick Marshall didn't go in the live scrimmage portion, mostly played Jeremy Johnson, Sean White and Jonathan Wallace.

Malzahn on Jeremy Johnson: "We need the QBs making great decisions, knowing what to do and how to do it. We have high expectations for him."

Malzahn on Jonathan Wallace's role: "We've got Jonathan is primarily doing that as far as the holder is concerned."

Malzahn confirms FB Gage Batten got hurt, won't say if he's done for the season.

Malzahn on freshman safety Markell Boston has been out some recently: "He's a little banged up but he'll be OK."

@AUBlog

10217779.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

"It's always different when you got live bodies coming at you. Some people react in a good way. Some people react in not-so-good way," Malzahn said. "It's just feeling that real pressure of having people around, that's close to being blocked and everything that goes with that. That's what this day was for, primarily special teams. But at the same time, who can block for the punt? Who can cover and make a tackle? Who can return one? It was a really good time to evaluate our guys."

Overall, Malzahn said, "it was a good evaluation out there. It was really good work and we gained a lot of valuable information.

"There were a couple of guys we really wanted to watch to see what they could do offensively, defensively and special teams. That's two scrimmages down, and as coaches we have some good information. That was the positives today."

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081214aac.html

What's up with the long sleeves? It's Africa hot!

Gus is cooler than the other side of the pillow. The weather doesn't affect him.

If they acknowledged that he was hurt and even a possibility that he could be out for the year, I'm assuming it's potentially career ending. Get better, big fella!

Gus is so fast he's always ahead of everyone. For him its already the middle of the fall. By first game he'll be wearing gloves and heavy jacket.

Gus is so fast he's always of head of everyone. For him its already the middle of the fall. By first game he'll be wearing gloves and heavy jacket.

UA grad, indeed.

Gus is so fast he's always of head of everyone. For him its already the middle of the fall. By first game he'll be wearing gloves and heavy jacket.

UA grad, indeed.

I fixed my OP for ya. Sometimes our "smarty phones" are to smart for their own good. That and the damn keys are to damn close to each other.

Meh I always believed Pettway would be Fulse back up...Batten a walk on, also got Mitchell that was recruited for H Back

An Auburn football player gets a serious, potentially career ending injury and your response is "meh"? Some "family member" you are!

Seems like info is slow coming out of fall camp this year. Have they changed the access they are giving media or are things slow while school starts?

Meh I always believed Pettway would be Fulse back up...Batten a walk on, also got Mitchell that was recruited for H Back

An Auburn football player gets a serious, potentially career ending injury and your response is "meh"? Some "family member" you are!

Yep, that's not cool at all.

When Mikey's right, Mikey's right.

Are you inferring that Mikey has been wrong at some point? Blasphemy! Blasphemy! To the Gallows! :hanged:

Are you inferring that Mikey has been wrong at some point? Blasphemy! Blasphemy! To the Gallows! :hanged:

Hah!

Ha?

Are you inferring that Mikey has been wrong at some point? Blasphemy! Blasphemy! To the Gallows! :hanged:/>

No, he implied. You inferred.

/grammarpolice

Obviously you have yet to meet my wife!

Archived