2016 4* QB Brandon McIlwain (South Carolina commit)

ClaytonAU

2016 Recruit out of Newton, PA released his top 6 and Auburn made the cut. He is a South Carolina legacy so I'd assume they're the favorite but we are definitely in the mix. Mods feel free to update the OP however you see fit.

2016 Recruit out of Newton, PA released his top 6 and Auburn made the cut. He is a South Carolina legacy so I'd assume they're the favorite but we are definitely in the mix. Mods feel free to update the OP however you see fit.

Who are his other choices? In PA, Penn State is usually a strong choice for a lot of kids. Plus, Penn State has Vandy's ex coach and he is a recruiter too.

Who are his other choices? In PA, Penn State is usually a strong choice for a lot of kids. Plus, Penn State has Vandy's ex coach and he is a recruiter too.

Penn State, Duke, VT, South Carolina, Auburn, and Florida.

He really enjoyed his AU visit awhile back. Had a lot of good things to say about the coaches, school, facilities etc; sounds as if he has a genuine interest as of now.

I think PSU is his current favorite. Long way to go. I do know AU loves this kid. 2016 QB recruiting is going to be fun to watch.

It would be great to know our coaches order for QB's with offers for 2016.

I think any order they have could change after this season. 2016 is a long way away and kids change in that amount of time.

It would be great to know our coaches order for QB's with offers for 2016.

I think any order they have could change after this season. 2016 is a long way away and kids change in that amount of time.

True, but it is always fun to know at this moment what the thought process is.

What no Alabama? Every kid names Alabama even if they are not getting recruited by them.

What no Alabama? Every kid names Alabama even if they are not getting recruited by them.

Not always.

Not always.

obviously..

Not always.

obviously..

?

Not always.

Its a joke.

Obviously.

Not always.

Its a joke.

Obviously.

Tough crowd

anything on this kid? video, stats, info that someone knows of?

I can look it up but it seems something to add to a profile would help others.

From al.com article:

Auburn has had little success locking down an elite dual-threat quarterback in the 2015 recruiting cycle, and the Tigers are now mining the 2016 class for one.

Among of the recent targets is Brandon McIlwain of Council Rock North in Newtown, Pa. The 6-foot, 205-pounder released his top six schools earlier this week, and Auburn made the cut:

Bu4AtwFIgAAibbC.jpg

"Coach (Gus) Malzahn is an amazing offensive mind, along with Coach (Rhett) Lashlee," McIlwain told 247Sports. "The offense at my school is based on Auburn's offense. I can see myself directly fitting into that offense and succeeding."

McIlwain took his first visit to Auburn in June after Lashlee came to Pennsylvania to watch him practice. He plans to return for a game this fall.

He hasn't publicly released a leader, but South Carolina figures to be the front-runner for McIlwain. He has family connections nearby and the Gamecocks began recruiting him very early on.

247Sports ranks McIlwain as a four-star prospect the nation's No. 3 dual-threat quarterback in the 2016 class. Other targets on Auburn's radar include Jawon Pass of Columbus, Ga., and Shea Patterson of Shreveport, La., who are also being recruited by Alabama.

Someone might want to tell al.com that Elite "4-star QB Tyler Queen" is listed as a pro style QB, but man he can run. He has wheels, just watch him on film there, al.com.

Also, al.com he was offered by your turds, and he still picked AU!

From the start, Queen felt at home at Auburn, and Malzahn's hurry-up, no-huddle offense similar to what he's already running at North Cobb.

Queen, a 6-foot-2, 229-pounder, threw for 2,607 yards and 23 touchdowns and rushed for 925 yards and 20 touchdowns as a sophomore at North Cobb.

"Everything they showed me in film study, we've run a version or the exact same thing," Queen said. "It'll be more comfortable for me. What I do on offense is basically the same thing."

With so much time left before he finishes the recruiting process, schools will likely continue to recruit Queen, but the young quarterback says his decision is final.

Guest jojo1515

I figure he has to go to bama.... all qbs with a name that starts with Mc end up there....I thought it was some kind of rule?

From al.com article:

Auburn has had little success locking down an elite dual-threat quarterback in the 2015 recruiting cycle, and the Tigers are now mining the 2016 class for one.

Among of the recent targets is Brandon McIlwain of Council Rock North in Newtown, Pa. The 6-foot, 205-pounder released his top six schools earlier this week, and Auburn made the cut:

Bu4AtwFIgAAibbC.jpg

"Coach (Gus) Malzahn is an amazing offensive mind, along with Coach (Rhett) Lashlee," McIlwain told 247Sports. "The offense at my school is based on Auburn's offense. I can see myself directly fitting into that offense and succeeding."

McIlwain took his first visit to Auburn in June after Lashlee came to Pennsylvania to watch him practice. He plans to return for a game this fall.

He hasn't publicly released a leader, but South Carolina figures to be the front-runner for McIlwain. He has family connections nearby and the Gamecocks began recruiting him very early on.

247Sports ranks McIlwain as a four-star prospect the nation's No. 3 dual-threat quarterback in the 2016 class. Other targets on Auburn's radar include Jawon Pass of Columbus, Ga., and Shea Patterson of Shreveport, La., who are also being recruited by Alabama.

AL.com sucks. And for those of you giving that site hits should be :no no no: . AU has really just gone hard after on dual-threat QB this year in DF. And AU got on DF late and still made it a battle.

AU is not going to go after another QB in this class because Sean White has been damn good at fall practice. Real good. He looked great last Saturday. I was very impressed.

We MUST sign 2 QB's for the 2016 class.

Why 2? One per year is sufficient unless we do a bad job of evaluating the talent.

Archived