Sirius XM College Tour - Auburn

juscAUse

On Sirius right now. College Sports station. Coach Lashlee had a super interview and is very well spoken and media savvy. Had to go back to work so I didn't get to hear Gus. Maybe someone will and give us a heads up.

Careful now, that's racist code talk that is not allowed to be used of white folk. :fish:

Gus Malzahn, answering Houston Nutt's inquiry about Auburn receivers: "We've got deep threats at every position."

Malzahn thanking Nutt for giving him his start in CFB. Nutt always made sure team was fresh. "That's a big part, especially in our league."

Gus Malzahn on Auburn's schedule: "It's unbelievable. It's the who's who. ... We're going to have to earn it."

@bmarcello

Gus Malzahn: "Bottom line, we run the power, the counter, the buck sweep and the inside zone. The rest is window dressing."

@JoelAEricksonAU

What would Nutt know about offensive football?????

Ellis Johnson also made an appearance ...

Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson says the Tigers defensive coaching staff has 72 combined years of coaching experience in the SEC.

The staff consists of Rodney Garner, Melvin Smith, Charlie Harbison, and Johnson.

But that’s the only reason the Tigers were able to come together so quickly in one year under Gus Malzahn.

Johnson told SiriusXM’s College Sports Nation today, “Personally, I think we have one of the best staffs. Gus put together a staff that was not only experienced and capable professionally, but we’ve worked well together.

“On the defensive side alone, the four of us have 72 years of coaching experience in the Southeastern Conference. It’s a tough conference to coach in. Every week it’s hard to beat a team in the SEC. It may be even the worst team in the SEC, but they’ll play a tough three quarters. You have to win a lot of close ball games and you have to get rid of that game and go to the next game the next week. It’s almost like a single elimination tournament in the SEC. Every team can beat you and you got to be able to play almost your best each week. You can’t have a down game. I think that level of experience that we (defensive coaches) got in this conference has taught us how to do that – win or lose, let’s put it behind you and get ready for the next opponent.

“It’s been a great experience. We had a fairy tale year last season. But aside from the wins and the excitement of going to the national championship game and winning the SEC, it was a great working environment. Players turned a 3-win team into a national championship contender. Just watching that happen for them was very rewarding.”

http://coachingsearch.247sports.com/Article/Ellis-Johnson-72-years-of-experience-in-the-SEC-helped-us-30390633

Everything was good except I did take from Jack and Houston that some of our facilities, not football stadium, needed to be upgraded. Did not get specific except player lounge. When JJ was on he did bring up Wellness Center and Residential Hall were 220 student athlete live with 210 other students. Jack stated got to keep up with the Jones or you fall behind

Slightly off topic, but are the AU games carried on Sirius radio?

yep

OK, in the meantime, I looked it up and found out they are the "official satellite radio partner" of various schools, including Auburn.

Does this mean they will carry every AU game? I can't tell from their website and they won't tell me until a choose a package.

yep

OK, in the meantime, I looked it up and found out they are the "official satellite radio partner" of various schools, including Auburn.

Does this mean they will carry every AU game? I can't tell from their website and they won't tell me until a choose a package.

Sirus/XM broadcast every Auburn game, but the broadcast may or may not be the Auburn Radio Network broadcast. Depending on game time and how many other games they are broadcasting at the time they may carry both teams radio broadcast or just one of the team's. This means that you will be able to listen to the game, but you may or may not hear Rod Bramlett and Stan White. The same is true of their SEC basketball broadcast.

yep

yep...... damn Homer you got any more questions

yep

Sirus/XM broadcast every Auburn game, but the broadcast may or may not be the Auburn Radio Network broadcast. Depending on game time and how many other games they are broadcasting at the time they may carry both teams radio broadcast or just one of the team's. This means that you will be able to listen to the game, but you may or may not hear Rod Bramlett and Stan White. The same is true of their SEC basketball broadcast.

Thanks for the response.

I have a 3 month trial subscription in my car so I will have a chance to try it out. The only way I would pay for a subscription is if I can listen to all of the AU games.

It used to be that I could get the games on the internet for free, but apparently - from last year - they don't allow stations to do that anymore.

yep

yep...... damn Homer you got any more questions

When it comes to all of this new-fangled technology, all I have are questions, so bear with me. ;)

About the only thing I already know is that it's going to cost me some money. :bawling::angry: I can remember when you could watch or listen to football for free!

That's how old I am. ;D

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said Monday that Arkansas' record last season is not indicative of the challenge the Tigers will face in their season-opener at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

The Razorbacks were 3-9 overall and 0-8 in the SEC last season in Bret Bielema's first season as head coach and lost their last nine games.

"It’s a team that went to LSU and really should have won that game the last game of the year," Malzahn said. "We know we are going to get their best."

Auburn won 35-17 in Fayetteville, throwing just nine passes, en route to the SEC championship.

"It was a really good game last year," Malzahn said on SiriusXM College Football Live's campus tour show. "If you really look at it, we had two short fields. I think they got down on the 1-yard line and had two shots at it and didn’t get in. That game could have gone either way. We know we are going to get their best shot."

The Razorbacks are an I-formation, run-oriented team. Defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson said the Tigers must prepare for an offense unlike what they see in practice each day.

"It’s going to be different in a lot of ways," Johnson said. "Our scout team is going to be critical. It’s going to be important they give us a good picture. It’s not easy, because what they have been practicing is not that offense."

http://auburn.247spo...opener-30400877

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said Monday that Arkansas' record last season is not indicative of the challenge the Tigers will face in their season-opener at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

The Razorbacks were 3-9 overall and 0-8 in the SEC last season in Bret Bielema's first season as head coach and lost their last nine games.

"It’s a team that went to LSU and really should have won that game the last game of the year," Malzahn said. "We know we are going to get their best."

Auburn won 35-17 in Fayetteville, throwing just nine passes, en route to the SEC championship.

"It was a really good game last year," Malzahn said on SiriusXM College Football Live's campus tour show. "If you really look at it, we had two short fields. I think they got down on the 1-yard line and had two shots at it and didn’t get in. That game could have gone either way. We know we are going to get their best shot."

The Razorbacks are an I-formation, run-oriented team. Defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson said the Tigers must prepare for an offense unlike what they see in practice each day.

"It’s going to be different in a lot of ways," Johnson said. "Our scout team is going to be critical. It’s going to be important they give us a good picture. It’s not easy, because what they have been practicing is not that offense."

http://auburn.247spo...opener-30400877

Every time Gus speaks - and frequently he doesn't really say anything - I think more of him. :wub:

Archived