NM and JJ on the field at the same time?

cason

Can you imaging JJ handing off to NM on a speed sweep!? The possibilities are nuts. Throwbacks to JJ or reverses to Grant would be nasty. Thoughts?

Sorry...that makes no sense to me....we have all the speed we need in the backfield and a dynamic offense..... IMO, putting two QBs on the field at the same time is a sign of desperation.

Sorry...that makes no sense to me....we have all the speed we need in the backfield and a dynamic offense..... IMO, putting two QBs on the field at the same time is a sign of desperation.

How do you think DB's would feel about having to keep their eyes on two different guys on a play?

I agree with this.

This is an interesting point.

If we want to go really left field with it, consider this:

Having 2 QB's in the mold of Nick Marshall on the field at the same time (extremely athletic but can throw the ball adequately). One could be at QB while the other is in the slot or backfield, leaving the threat of having 1 of 2 guys throwing the ball on any play. The athleticism aspect is key here because they would need to be able to operate out of the slot or at QB at any given time. Defenses wouldn't know who was lining up at QB in a certain situation, and the double passes, reverses etc (or the threat of them, I should say) would really put pressure on a defense.

Lol not realistic at all, and seems like something a 1A HS would try, but just something my mind wandered to since football hasn't arrived yet

While i'll say it certainly isn't likely this occurs I can definitely see the problems it could cause for the D. Put CAP in at HB and Marshall in as RB with Johnson as the QB. The possibilities are endless!!! But as a quick example of the problems this could cause....imagine a fake read option with JJ and CAP. Then JJ tosses to Marshall who can either tuck it and run, go down field with a pass, go over the middle with the pass (LBs freeze to account for read option), or just do a pass back to JJ who has all the above options. Again not likely but any time you have a QB with the athletic abilities of Marshall the options are fun to think about!

Cam/Kodi vs. Ole Miss in 2010. That was during the 2nd quarter I believe, no desperation there. 11 DAYS.

I was sitting in the end zone corner where Cam caught that pass - it was a moment of beauty! :bow:

I would not be surprise if CGM already has a play of this nature schemed-up waiting for the right situation to run it.

Sounds like a good way to get one of them hurt.

This was the first thing that popped in my head when I saw this thread title. Fact is, we don't need both on the field at the same time to be successful.

Sounds like a good way to get one of them hurt.

This was the first thing that popped in my head when I saw this thread title. Fact is, we don't need both on the field at the same time to be successful.

How does this increase the odds versus any other hard hitting football play?

Cam/Kodi vs. Ole Miss in 2010. That was during the 2nd quarter I believe, no desperation there. 11 DAYS.

I was sitting in the end zone corner where Cam caught that pass - it was a moment of beauty! :bow:

I was bout to say the same thing. I guess we were desperate vs Ole Miss in 2010.

I was bout to say the same thing. I guess we were desperate vs Ole Miss in 2010.

Seriously, that was. What a great spot to be for that catch. Were there any times last year where Marshall or Johnson were lined up at wideout? I feel like there was, but not sure.

We didn't have two quarterbacks on the field on that play. Kodi was a WR in 2010.

There is a thing as "TOO CUTE."

And i am old enough to have my inner old man tell me,: "If it aint broke, dont fix it."

Now, if we want to run that up 50 on Arky? I say throw deep and often.

I agree with Dixie. Besides, I rather Nick have less opportunities to get hit. Durability is > than ability.

Double reverse to Sean white and I'm in. Maybe we could set the record for qb ' s injured in one play.

Johnathan wallace at tight end as well . Book it seal it take it to the bank.

I agree with Dixie. Besides, I rather Nick have less opportunities to get hit. Durability is > than ability.

You must cringe with AU then; that zone read is dialed up time and time again.

You must cringe with AU then; that zone read is dialed up time and time again.

Moreso when he darts up the gut off a zone read for he has some really big guys wanting to knock his block off. Once he gets outside, he can handle his own.

Agreed!!! With CAP, Grant, Barber, and Roc no need!!

Bring Bray or Louis on a reverse and we do not need anything else. And that does not even mention our passing game with Coates and Williams into the picture.

Archived