Democrats registering voters in Ferguson, Mo

TheBlueVue

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They need to get people registered (and not just the Dems). Voter turnout the last three elections has hovered around 11%. In a town that is 67% black, they have a white mayor and 5 of the 6 city council members is white. Now, certainly white people can represent black constituents, but you'd think in a town with those demographics that perhaps half the representation would look like the people.

I don't understand. What's so disgusting about it?

Some here find participation in the democratic process very unsettling. ;)/>

For once you could surely see the filth of taking advantage of a situation like this for political gain?

Oh never mind. Democrats have no conscious I guess. Geez. I should know better by now......

For once you could surely see the filth of taking advantage of a situation like this for political gain?

Oh never mind. Democrats have no conscious I guess. Geez. I should know better by now......

Oh, please. Voter registration in a place where folks are frustrated with their government. It's a constructive response to their understandable frustration. I know how you guys hate to see folks vote, right?

Oh, please. Voter registration in a place where folks are frustrated with their government. It's a constructive response to their understandable frustration. I know how you guys hate to see folks vote, right?

Yeah! I hate it so much I spent 10 years defending the right to vote, among the rest of the rights we have. How about you, jack?

Yeah! I hate it so much I spent 10 years defending the right to vote, among the rest of the rights we have. How about you, jack?

Why quit now? I've been defending the right to vote all my life.

They need to get people registered (and not just the Dems). Voter turnout the last three elections has hovered around 11%. In a town that is 67% black, they have a white mayor and 5 of the 6 city council members is white. Now, certainly white people can represent black constituents, but you'd think in a town with those demographics that perhaps half the representation would look like the people.

I only posted this because I think it was homer who went after Republicans for politicizing a tragedy. Democrats are the masters of politicizing tragedy and always have been. One would think they'd let the guy at least be buried before using his death to enlist democrat voters.

A cop defends himself against a 6'5" 300+ lb attacker, the media makes the attacker a martyr, and the Dems sweep in to drive up voter registration.

Right on the heels of Obama inviting millions of illegals to come in and become citizens.

And you pretend you don't understand ?

A cop defends himself against a 6'5" 300+ lb attacker, the media makes the attacker a martyr, and the Dems sweep in to drive up voter registration.

Right on the heels of Obama inviting millions of illegals to come in and become citizens.

Ben, Raptor only wants certain people voting-- understand?

Ben, Raptor only wants certain people voting-- understand?

I only posted this because I think it was homer who went after Republicans for politicizing a tragedy. Democrats are the masters of politicizing tragedy and always have been. One would think they'd let the guy at least be buried before using his death to enlist democrat voters.

If you don't know it was me, then don't bring my name up. What a weasel.

If we limit Blue to what he knows, he'll never post...hmmm. :)

It was you. I know it was you and YOU know it was you. Speaking of weasels, at least that's a topic you probably know something about. :hellyeah:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The problem on both sides right now is this insistence that they KNOW what happened regardless of conflicting accounts.

Is the action a tad inappropriate? Posible but you can't deny that Democrats know how to execute a ground game be it voter drives or boots-on-group activism. Replublicans had better get a clue or once again will be left to voting for whatever candidate the "elites" deem to be their frontrunner.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The problem on both sides right now is this insistence that they KNOW what happened regardless of conflicting accounts.

That's true we don't know yet. However, initial reports that he was shot in the back have been proven false by the autopsy. Moreover, Im sure everyone has a warm and fuzzy feeling basking in the assurance that Eric Holder will judiciously oversee justice being served.

you are correct. some don't want to know the truth, just what fits their agenda. i am interested in the findings but i have am willing to bet the cop was 95% justified in his actions. i didn't start out that way.

Looks like things are definitely favoring the police officer at this point.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/20/missouri-cop-was-badly-beaten-before-shooting-michael-brown-says-source/

No, the only ones I know who were proclaiming they knew THE TRUTH were those who said the cop shot a black teenage boy in the back , who was surrendering and had his hands up.

That's not what happened. We know that now. But those who want to promote an agenda don't care about the facts. The story they WANT to be true isn't going to change. No matter what.

A lot of people are going to have something on their face a lot worse than eggs when the truth of all this comes out, that is if Holder allows it.

This thing is going to set racial relations back 50 years.

A lot of people are going to have something on their face a lot worse than eggs when the truth of all this comes out, that is if Holder allows it.

This thing is going to set racial relations back 50 years.

Huh? What do you know that I don't on this?

Doing what? Sitting in your mothers basement typing propaganda? Jk ;)

But seriously, how can this be a good idea???? Unless it's for your party, correct?

Doing what? Sitting in your mothers basement typing propaganda? Jk ;)/>

But seriously, how can this be a good idea???? Unless it's for your party, correct?

I would like to see broader citizen engagement regardless of party. It's the only way Democracy really works.

Doing what? Sitting in your mothers basement typing propaganda? Jk ;)/>

I would like to see broader citizen engagement regardless of party. It's the only way Democracy really works.

Like anything else in life there's a time and place. This isn't one of them. At least in my way of life.

Archived