Really, SEC Network

AuCivilEng1

Did I just see a guy put Alabama's offensive line ahead of Auburn's for this year?! Are you kidding me?! I'm almost done with the SECN already and the season hasn't started.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4th without Kozan is reasonable but WTH is Bama even on the board for?! I'm just tired of lazy "experts" throwing Bama in the top of everything. Did they watch the spring game for both teams?

I can already see that I'll watch the SEC network just like I watch ESPN, from the kickoff of an Auburn game until the game is over...nothing else.

I have it on a package that I was paying for before it came out or I wouldn't have it. I watched a little the first night and haven't tuned in since. Who was the clown that said we had the 6th best line in the SEC?

He redeemed himself a little. He was asked who was one player on our team we couldn't live without, and he said justin Garrett, which I agree with. Therezie with his issues, we are paper thin behind Garrett.

I just don't understand how these people can put any of our offensive position ranking not in the top 3. I understand our schedule is tough but that shouldn't the decision to give respect to an offense like Auburn has.

I just don't understand how these people can put any of our offensive position ranking not in the top 3. I understand our schedule is tough but that shouldn't the decision to give respect to an offense like Auburn has.

I don't think that factored in at all. From an outsiders perspective, we lost 2 starters, with one starter switching sides and another switching from tackle to guard. Only Reese is returning in the same position. Most people would think that's hard to replace. But auburn fans know the potential shon Coleman has, and know that Patrick miller started off the season at right tackle until he got in trouble and Avery young replaced him.

I don't expect everyone to know the ins and outs of our team.

I don't think that factored in at all. From an outsiders perspective, we lost 2 starters, with one starter switching sides and another switching from tackle to guard. Only Reese is returning in the same position. Most people would think that's hard to replace. But auburn fans know the potential shon Coleman has, and know that Patrick miller started off the season at right tackle until he got in trouble and Avery young replaced him.

When they are being paid to know it, I expect them to know it. It was widely talked about in multiple games last year about how we were rotating players throughout the game and how it kept us fresh in the 4th quarter. How do these talking heads not know this? Did they just stay under a rock the entire season and only come out to do their little speech each week? Yes, I expect them to know this. If they are going to form opinions and voice those opinions, I expect them to be informed. They aren't.

When they are being paid to know it, I expect them to know it. It was widely talked about in multiple games last year about how we were rotating players throughout the game and how it kept us fresh in the 4th quarter. How do these talking heads not know this? Did they just stay under a rock the entire season and only come out to do their little speech each week? Yes, I expect them to know this. If they are going to form opinions and voice those opinions, I expect them to be informed. They aren't.

Did we really rotate that much on the oline? I thought we had pretty much the same 5 for each game until miller left and young came in.

Just watch the games and replays, then avoid the ESPN talk shows.

With all the college and pro games being televised now and the multiple 24 X 7 sport networks, there are just not enought competent analysts out there to cover it all.

Why the networks are keeping people like musburger and lundquist around as their main play by play people for the top games is amazing. ESPN has several play by play people that can do a better job. Brad Nessler is a good choice for ESPN.

Did we really rotate that much on the oline? I thought we had pretty much the same 5 for each game until miller left and young came in.

We rotated a lot on the d-line, not much on the o-line. Consistency and knowing your linemates' tendencies is far more important on offense.

Personally I have enjoyed the SEC Network. But when in comes to them making predictions I find it funny. This thread being a prime example. We know Auburn. They talk about all the teams and obviously gloss over the high points. Maybe even parrot the national stuff. Playing the odds maybe. The national media did it last year too. We were not on any list last year and taking into account the events of last year....well. If we are a good as I think we are with this staff and the kids we have. Come November maybe early December. The Network wont be able to rub hard enought to get the stink off of themselves and next year 15' will garner the respect ya'll looking for. Cause if we light em up a second time then there crap excuse is just that and Coach will be working on the next year. JMO. WDE!

BTW I am new. Been lurking and found this board to be cool. Grad in 89'. Missed Bo by a year. Was at the Tillman reverse though....LOL

Yes he did. Cause Robinson left early for the NFL and Kozan is out for the year, the former Georgia player did not rank Auburn's OL anywhere.

Personally I have enjoyed the SEC Network. But when in comes to them making predictions I find it funny. This thread being a prime example. We know Auburn. They talk about all the teams and obviously gloss over the high points. Maybe even parrot the national stuff. Playing the odds maybe. The national media did it last year too. We were not on any list last year and taking into account the events of last year....well. If we are a good as I think we are with this staff and the kids we have. Come November maybe early December. The Network wont be able to rub hard enought to get the stink off of themselves and next year 15' will garner the respect ya'll looking for. Cause if we light em up a second time then there crap excuse is just that and Coach will be working on the next year. JMO. WDE!

BTW I am new. Been lurking and found this board to be cool. Grad in 89'. Missed Bo by a year. Was at the Tillman reverse though....LOL

hi!

Flipped the SECN on today and it was Finebaum and he was talking to Thayer Evans. I could not hit the channel button fast enough to get off that crap. I'm so tired of listening to all the talking heads, I'm just ready to get this season started.

I just get upset when people don't do their jobs, or take the easy way out. I've always been that way, and these Journalist are the worst about it. If you're going to throw Bama's line in the top 5 you better have a better excuse than "they run a lot of play action", because what I saw in that spring game was the worst Bama line in 5 maybe 10 years.

Archived