ESPN's Colin Cowherd: Auburn will win the SEC

RunInRed

Kirk Herbstreit says Alabama, UCLA, FSU, and Michigan State will be in the first ever college football playoff.

Herbstreit appeared on The Herd on ESPN with Colin Cowherd and revealed his predictions earlier today.

Cowherd didn’t reveal his playoff predictions but believes the Auburn Tigers will win the SEC.

If Alabama earns a spot in the college football playoff, the Crimson Tide will become only the sixth team in the last five years to finish in the Top 10 with a quarterback in his first year in a new offensive system.

A month ago, I (Pete Roussell/CoachingSearch.com) predicted Clemson, Auburn, UCLA, and FSU to make the college football playoff.

Jim Mora's team seems to be a popular pick. Tim Brando and Danny Kanell have also predicted the Bruins to earn a spot.

http://coachingsearch.247sports.com/Bolt/Kirk-Herbstreit-reveals-college-football-playoff-predictions--30417140

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colin is actually pretty sane when it comes to realistic picks...I dont see why in the world Clemson would be favored

You can put this in the bank and let it grow interest at 100%:

1. The 4 team play-off will be as follows: Auburn, south Carolina (goes 11-1 with their one loss to Auburn), Ohio State(not sure if they are still on probation) , and FSU. If OSU is still on probation, then Oklahoma in their spot.

2. We will play South Carolina for all of the marbles. Of course, we will win in a nail-biter with a score of 42-38!

Kirk knows a lot more than most and he tells it like it is. To me, he seems to do a little research before flapping off irrational predictions like most of the other talking heads. we have the toughest schedule of any other top 25 team. he actually likes Auburn but not the schedule. Unfortunately, I agree our schedule is brutal and I think we loose 1 possibly 2 games this year. Ole Miss and S Carolina scare me more than anyone else followed by K State and LSU. JMO though

1. The 4 team play-off will be as follows: Auburn, south Carolina (goes 11-1 with their one loss to Auburn), Ohio State(not sure if they are still on probation) , and FSU. If OSU is still on probation, then Oklahoma in their spot.

2. We will play South Carolina for all of the marbles. Of course, we will win in a nail-biter with a score of 42-38!

If south carolina only loses one game annd it is to auburn....and auburn makes it...that means auburn will have to play them again in the SEC CG

No way USCe only has 1 loss. We play them in regular season and in your scenario the SECCG? Good thought but won't happen

If south carolina only loses one game annd it is to auburn....and auburn makes it...that means auburn will have to play them again in the SEC CG

I was thinking the same thing.

I was thinking the same thing.

Eh, AU faired pretty well when they had a rematch with USCe in the SECCG, but I really don't see USCe back in the SECCG and I'm a bit too concerned about AU's schedule to put them there this season.

I see the committee trying to be fair year one. SEC, PAC12 and ACC champs are definitely in. The last team will be either BIG10 or BIG12

I don't see how there's any way 2 ACC teams get in.

My thoughts exactly. If any conference has 2 teams in, it will be the SEC, and that's highly unlikely this year. Unless 2 different conference champions have 3 or more losses (or one of the weaker schedules with 2 losses), I think you will see 4 conference champs in the first playoff.

Keep in mind that strength of schedule now is based on last year's records and pre-season rankings. That will almost certainly change significantly during the year.

South Carolina would have to beat us in the regular season, and Auburn beat them in the SEC championship game in order for them to finish 11-1.

Just food for thought.

They are eligible but their starting QB Braxton Miller is out for the season after injuring his shoulder again in practice (already had it surgically repaired once). OSU is/was overrated with Miller, but without him, they will probably lose 3-4.

They are eligible but their starting QB Braxton Miller is out for the season after injuring his shoulder again in practice (already had it surgically repaired once). OSU is/was overrated with Miller, but without him, they will probably lose 3-4.

I hope you are right, but looking at their schedule I can't find 3 teams that can beat them. It is that pathetic.

Ohio St. is doneskis. Big 10 is now a toss up but I don't think it matters because I don't think the big 10 will be represented in the playoff.

My prediction: Auburn (eventual champion), UCLA, Baylor, and FSU.

In his defense, South Carolina could lose once to Georgia, Georgia could be undefeated going into the sec tile game with our 1 loss to them, we beat Georgia, giving them their first loss, which would put South Carolina at 11-1 and Georgia at 12-1...

Highly unlikely, but possible.

In his defense, South Carolina could lose once to Georgia, Georgia could be undefeated going into the sec tile game with our 1 loss to them, we beat Georgia, giving them their first loss, which would put South Carolina at 11-1 and Georgia at 12-1...

This can't happen either. We play UGA 3 weeks before SECCG. We have a big say in who represents the east this year. We play both USCe and UGA

Yes, that is true as well.

My four.

Free Shoes University. They play Clemsux and the Gators. Easy road to the playoff.

Choklahoma. They should win their conference but may lose a game. Easy pick for committee.

Oregon. Assuming they get by Stanford, the Ducks will represent the west coast.

Auburn. Because we are going to out score everyone. Seriously. Unstoppable.

Not to throw a cold bucket of ice water on the predictions, but something to consider.

Auburn is experiencing a rash of injuries this year. Some of our best players (especially on defense and one on offense) are out for the season.

If we sustain more key injuries, it could change the entire year. I hate to start without Alex Kozan and Carl Lawson. These are huge losses, especially Carl Lawson, since pass rushers is what we are missing.

LaDarius Owens is recovering, Gage Batton is out, and Gabe Wright has had some issues with injuries. If we stay healthy, I think we win it all. But health is and could be an issue.

Archived