Texas a&m vs South Carolina

WFE12

this is a big time game to start the season,especially it being the first game on sec network,is it gonna be a slaughter or do yall think a&m could pull off the unthinkable?

im thinking SCe wins by double digits

USCe will run about anytime they want to. Can't see TAMU stopping the rushing attack...21 pts...in Columbia....but sure will be nice to see some football again.

No way the Cocks have their home winning streak broken by Manziel/Evans'less A&M. OBC will make a statement, and do it again when they play UGA.

Texas A&M has 11 true freshmen on their depth chart they released for the South Carolina game with 8 of them on defense. I'll take Carolina big at home.

I'm picking USCe but I'm not convinced it will be a blow out. USCe is replacing a lot on their team as well. Both offense and defense.

this is a big time game to start the season,especially it being the first game on sec network,is it gonna be a slaughter or do yall think a&m could pull off the unthinkable?

No, they can't.

So, my wife is a Gamecock and I've seen basically every one of their games for the last 3-4 years. I have to say, this A&M game worries me. Aside from that trouncing of an overrated Ole Miss team years ago, Carolina usually woefully underperforms early in the year - specifically these Thurs night openers (last year's game was much closer than the score showed, and two years ago they opened with that super ugly 17-13 over Vandy).

Carolina's 2 deep got absolutely gutted this year. Think about it - no Connor Shaw, no Clowney, no Bruce Ellington. Both CBs (multi year starters) Legree and Hampton are gone, as well as Kelcey Quarrels - who had a monster year last year.

And while I think JF was a beast, Sumlin's a damn fine coach and his system is made to score. Their defense may be wet toilet paper, but Spurrier's teams have a tendency to under perform offensively in random games of late.

Williams-Bryce will be electric, but they need to strap in for a fist fight. It won't be easy.

Texas A&M has 11 true freshmen on their depth chart they released for the South Carolina game with 8 of them on defense. I'll take Carolina big at home.

Thanks in part to several of aTm's players being either suspended or dismissed from the team. I recall a fair number of freshman playing or starting in their defensive lineup last season due to 2012 attrition.

Johnny can't bail the defense out this season, and there are no leaders established on what's probably one of the youngest teams in the league. Combine that with a 1,000+ mile road trip to the 2nd house Spurrier built.

A rather unfavorable mix for Aggie heading into that den of experience in game one. I would take Carolina -17 @ Columbia.

Kind of off subject but I don't feel worthy of starting a new thread.

Anyone see the tour of aTm's new locker room on SEC All Access?

AU needs to step up its game.

Also, prime argument against athletes getting paid - no other students get that kind of treatment.

High tech, screens on all lockers, hot/cold poolroom with TV walls, fingerprint access, in-facility barber shop (!). It's slick.

Sorry if I'm derailing.

USCe probably still wins big with that OLine.

Then the Aggies take a dip in the hot tub to wash away the pain.

Kind of off subject but I don't feel worthy of starting a new thread.

Anyone see the tour of aTm's new locker room on SEC All Access?

AU needs to step up its game.

Also, prime argument against athletes getting paid - no other students get that kind of treatment.

High tech, screens on all lockers, hot/cold poolroom with TV walls, fingerprint access, in-facility barber shop (!). It's slick.

Sorry if I'm derailing.

USCe probably still wins big with that OLine.

Then the Aggies take a dip in the hot tub to wash away the pain.

yeah i saw it too, freakin crazy...truely is "the house that johnny built"....fingerprint scanners..smh

well.......i knew it! i knew they had a chance! I let yall make me think they were gonna get blown out, but they blew south carolina out oh my gosh. This is crazy to start the season,Kenny Hill is a freakin dark horse for the Heisman and that defense didn't look too shabby plus all them tall wr's they got...smh..What i thought was going to be a break for the team with the texas a&m game is definitely no longer! I am scared yall....but watchin saturday's game will most certainly make me get a better feel for the season once i see us play those piggies

After reading this thread I hope all of you are picking Ark to beat Auburn. Just kidding. Like you guys I was thinking SC would win big.

After reading this thread I hope all of you are picking Ark to beat Auburn. Just kidding. Like you guys I was thinking SC would win big.

I am getting uneasy. I felt the same as everybody else. I thought USCe would handle them pretty easily, kind of the way I feel about Auburn handling Arkansas.

I am getting uneasy. I felt the same as everybody else. I thought USCe would handle them pretty easily, kind of the way I feel about Auburn handling Arkansas.

Arkansas ain't A&M.

So, my wife is a Gamecock and I've seen basically every one of their games for the last 3-4 years. I have to say, this A&M game worries me. Aside from that trouncing of an overrated Ole Miss team years ago, Carolina usually woefully underperforms early in the year - specifically these Thurs night openers (last year's game was much closer than the score showed, and two years ago they opened with that super ugly 17-13 over Vandy).

Carolina's 2 deep got absolutely gutted this year. Think about it - no Connor Shaw, no Clowney, no Bruce Ellington. Both CBs (multi year starters) Legree and Hampton are gone, as well as Kelcey Quarrels - who had a monster year last year.

And while I think JF was a beast, Sumlin's a damn fine coach and his system is made to score. Their defense may be wet toilet paper, but Spurrier's teams have a tendency to under perform offensively in random games of late.

Williams-Bryce will be electric, but they need to strap in for a fist fight. It won't be easy.

Wow BG, you had a line on this one. I felt A&M was being disrespected but I didnt imagine what happened last night.

Wow BG, you had a line on this one. I felt A&M was being disrespected but I didnt imagine what happened last night.

I just knew what SC was replacing. And SC having not played this type of offense before - it's shocking when you first see it. Even Alabama, who has much more talent and much better defensive scheme, has to scramble to adjust against A&M and Auburn. Same thing happened to SC, and they just never adjusted.

SC's recruiting has been 3 star city. You can build 3 and a sprinkling of 4 stars into a good team over time, but you can't reload and not miss a beat. A&M has been 5 star city. It'll be 2-3 years before Carolina's defense recovers from the talent they lost.

The one thing I didn't account for was Skai Moore and Mike Davis not playing for Carolina. Your best offensive player and best defensive player not playing in a game where you're already thin, against that offense...it's bad news.

Arkansas ain't A&M.

And Bullemenia is not Sumlin.

I just knew what SC was replacing. And SC having not played this type of offense before - it's shocking when you first see it. Even Alabama, who has much more talent and much better defensive scheme, has to scramble to adjust against A&M and Auburn. Same thing happened to SC, and they just never adjusted.

SC's recruiting has been 3 star city. You can build 3 and a sprinkling of 4 stars into a good team over time, but you can't reload and not miss a beat. A&M has been 5 star city. It'll be 2-3 years before Carolina's defense recovers from the talent they lost.

The one thing I didn't account for was Skai Moore and Mike Davis not playing for Carolina. Your best offensive player and best defensive player not playing in a game where you're already thin, against that offense...it's bad news.

I'd say you had this game pretty well figured.

let's not speak that into existence buddy,auburn's gonna do their thing,something about it,i see auburn's tremendous talent and motivation but i still don't wanna say it's gonna be blowout cuz im scared it will backfire,still let's not overlook arkansas

Archived