Wapo: "Four minutes later..."

DKW 86

Presidents will be remembered for many things they say and do.

Sometimes eloquence in the face of bad news.

Sometimes a well delivered speech.

The shocking news of James Foley’s execution broke as Air Force One landed at Cape Cod on Tuesday night. The president offered his condolences to the American journalist's family and angrily denounced Islamic State militants the following day. Then he went off for a round of golf — his seventh in ten days at Martha's Vineyard so far.

It wasn't the first time this month Obama has made a quick pivot from grim news to the green. Last week, the president was confronted by rising unrest in Ferguson, Mo. and upheaval in Iraq. After delivering a solemn statement on both crises, he hit the golf course just four minutes after leaving the podium.

I do not like Bush43 at all and consider him a sellout and a failure.

The one thing i will never call him is completely tone deaf.

There is nothing you can do but shake your head on this stuff...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is who we thought he was , all this time!

They say when the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Obama gets into his golf cart, and hits the links.

( The fact that he only 'suited up ' for the cameras and was already in golf attire , before he spoke at the podium only amplifies the point of where his mind truly was, all along. )

The shocking news of James Foley’s execution broke as Air Force One landed at Cape Cod on Tuesday night. The president offered his condolences to the American journalist's family and angrily denounced Islamic State militants the following day. Then he went off for a round of golf — his seventh in ten days at Martha's Vineyard so far.

It wasn't the first time this month Obama has made a quick pivot from grim news to the green. Last week, the president was confronted by rising unrest in Ferguson, Mo. and upheaval in Iraq. After delivering a solemn statement on both crises, he hit the golf course just four minutes after leaving the podium.

Yes, he should stay inside and read a book. Or clear brush. Or ride a horse. Or a bike. Or have a drink with friends. But golf on his vacation? Shameful. Presidents should never golf as long as there is no news to report. It's just the way it is.

Yes, he should stay inside and read a book. Or clear brush. Or ride a horse. Or a bike. Or have a drink with friends. But golf on his vacation? Shameful. Presidents should never golf as long as there is no news to report. It's just the way it is.

I wish he would stay inside and read a book. It would clear the air as to why he's so impotent.

Dude, the WORLD is seeing him for the jack-ass he is, and you STILL can't help but defend him. Just give it up already. Admit he's a incompetent narcissist already. Stop acting as if he isn't.

Dude, the WORLD is seeing him for the jack-ass he is, and you STILL can't help but defend him. Just give it up already. Admit he's a incompetent narcissist already. Stop acting as if he isn't.

Democratic Presidents should never play golf. I get it.

I'd just like to see one who gives a damn.

Well now remember this. This kind of thing wasn't supposed to happen once he became president. The world was going to love us again and these people would stop doing bad things because we elected someone who shared their world view. It never occurred to him that these people are pure evil.

The libs on this forum say it's not a problem, you conservatives hate Obama. But, but, but,, "Lupica: Obama's return to the links shows lack of leadership in face of ISIS threat"

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/politics/lupica-obama-return-links-shows-lack-leadership-article-1.1912811

I don't think you do. First thing many folks noticed was that Obama didn't even have the decency to wear a tie to the speech. Shows how much little regard he had for the moment. And I guess he had on his golf shirt under neath his unbuttoned dress shirt and jacket, because literally 4 minutes after speaking to the grizzly murder of an American citizen, Barry's smiling and yuckin' it up , riding in his Presidential golf cart, decked out in his Nike ( gift from Tiger ? ) golf shirt and ready for some R&R !

Amazing at the hypocrisy of the Left, isn't it ? They wailed and gnashed their teeth because W played an occasional round of golf, and so he stopped. Barry has played almost 200 rounds since he's been in office, and not a damn peep from the Left.

' Democratic Presidents should never play golf. I get it '

What a purely a asinine thing to say.

I don't think you do. First thing many folks noticed was that Obama didn't even have the decency to wear a tie to the speech. Shows how much little regard he had for the moment. And I guess he had on his golf shirt under neath his unbuttoned dress shirt and jacket, because literally 4 minutes after speaking to the grizzly murder of an American citizen, Barry's smiling and yuckin' it up , riding in his Presidential golf cart, decked out in his Nike ( gift from Tiger ? ) golf shirt and ready for some R&R !

Yes, many folks notice all sorts of petty things. And most of them are hypocrites:

http://anthony-clark.com/lastcampaign/?p=356

It's not a petty thing, but an ongoing problem for this president . Only the biggest sycophants can't see this.

Like you.

Raptor.....TexT is such has been such a staunch altar boy for Obama for so long he is incapable of admitting he can do anything wrong. Thank goodness he is in now in the minority of Americans.

Raptor.....TexT is such has been such a staunch altar boy for Obama for so long he is incapable of admitting he can do anything wrong. Thank goodness he is in now in the minority of Americans.

He can do plenty wrong. Playing golf on his vacation ain't one of them. Just another petty thing for the small-minded to obsess about.

He can do plenty wrong. Playing golf on his vacation ain't one of them. Just another petty thing for the small-minded to obsess about.

I really do not believe most here have a problem with the president playing golf. There is a thing, however, called a sense of propriety, of which, this latest performance makes one wonder if this president has any all! I found his cavalier lack of concern quite disappointing and I would say that about any president who acted with so little concern about one of the most heinous events I have ever seen. I can only imagine how Foley's parents felt.

It is wrong& you should know it. You name calling EVERYONE who has criticized Obama for this ( and it's damn near universal ) only shows how blind you are on this issue.

Is Mike Lupica one of those small minded people?

"The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure, is gone. I am giving myself to you. The American people should have no patience for what's going on in your head because you've got a job to do."

Barak Obama - 2008

"The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure, is gone. I am giving myself to you. The American people should have no patience for what's going on in your head because you've got a job to do."

Barak Obama - 2008

A valid quote for a report to ask him about.

Barak Obama - 2008

What he didn't mean what he said? It was only meant for a one time situation?

Barak Obama - 2008

I'm not him. He should be asked the question.

Playing golf is one thing, but put it together with stories like this "Obama Is Seen as Frustrating His Own Party" and we start to see the whole picture.

Other Stories:

Woodward: Democrats Tell Me Obama Is "Disengaged From So Many" Issues

Democrats Complain of Aloof, Disengaged Obama

Barak Obama - 2008

Surely you jest? If he has proven ANYTHING in almost 6 years its this...in his world the end justifies the means and he will say ANYTHING to get what he wants. Dude was trying to win an election, therefore lying is perfectly acceptable... and, if you asked him about it, he would simply say... he just "evolved"

Archived