2014 Week 1 Practice - 8/21 Update

RunInRed

"We had a solid practice today. ... Our attention has been really good and our guys have been excited about practicing."
Malzahn says Auburn will release its depth chart Tuesday.
Malzahn said Robenson Therezie is still working through his "eligibility issues."

@wareagleextra

Malzahn said the team will hold a "dress rehearsal" this Saturday in preparation for next week's opener.
Malzahn: "As of right now we're going to give them off Saturday, a chance to revive their minds and bodies." Says camp has been a "grind."
Malzahn said Corey Grant & Cameron Artis-Payne continue to split first-team RB reps in practice, adds Roc Thomas & Peyton Barber also in mix
Malzahn on concern over QB Jeremy Johnson's psyche on unknown plan: "If I was worried about anything like that, I'd already have a plan."
Malzahn confirms walkon DL Chase Robison has left the program: "He's not, I believe he's transferred to Arkansas State."

@AUBlog

"We'll run our offense regardless" of who is in at quarterback against Arkansas, said Auburn's Gus Malzahn
Auburn's Gus Malzahn on new SEC Network analyst Gene Chizik: "He'll do extremely well. Have a lot of respect for him as a coach and person

@AUGoldMine

Malzahn says the team has gotten healthier. "Most teams have a lot of nicks and bruises and things in fall camp.
"No worries surrounding quarterback situation," Malzahn said.
Malzahn on Jimmy Hutchinson: "We're real honest with all of our players. He got beat out for that position.
Malzahn on heat: "There's not much breeze in our stadium.
Auburn doesn't really have any room left with scholarships to put walk-ons in there.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/08/live_updates_gus_malzahns_fina_6.html

Quote: "Auburn doesn't really have any room left with scholarships to put walk-ons in there."

Progress! As unfortunate as it is for the walk-ons, this full scholarship situation is what every team strives for. We've been a long time reaching this goal.

Quote: "Auburn doesn't really have any room left with scholarships to put walk-ons in there."

Progress! As unfortunate as it is for the walk-ons, this full scholarship situation is what every team strives for. We've been a long time reaching this goal.

:bananadance:

Agreed. I thought it was interesting what Gus said recently regarding B. Smith and how he thought redshirting G. Robinson was the best option at the time, but later realized it probably would have been better for the team to play him earlier since he was gone after 3 years. Just another lesson in roster management that will make our coach better suited to sustain success over the long haul. WDE!

The players' have Satuday off AND it's a dress rehearsal?

Saw McIlroy on SEC network look into the camera and say that last season CAP had 4 carries against SEC opponents for 4 yards.

Amen Brother! I was simply thrilled to read that we are finally full!!

Not being pessimistic or anything but I didn't get the feeling that Gus thought our o line was too good right now

Not being pessimistic or anything but I didn't get the feeling that Gus thought our o line was too good right now

Losing Kozan's experience/ability from the rotation may be as large a team loss as Lawson.

The players' have Satuday off AND it's a dress rehearsal?

Saw McIlroy on SEC network look into the camera and say that last season CAP had 4 carries against SEC opponents for 4 yards.

Dress rehearsal today, off tomorrow. I think that quote is wrong.

What, where are you getting this from? Our o-line is #2 in experience, in the SEC with starting snaps. That same O-line that won the SEC last season, the same O-line that had an entire off-season working under Coach Russell.

Our O-line will be one of, it not the best in the country!

I got it from how Gus answered the question, also note in my original statement I said right now

I think Gus has a pretty good poker face myself. I really don't ever expect him to talk about how good anybody is especially right before a game.

Me neither i watch all his videos but this particular one at that particular part he stammered a little he pretty much said they need more reps. It sound as if he was saying we'll be better at the end of the year. Also saying he feel as good as he can working with guys for 30 days doesn't sound like the usual Gus IMO

Archived