Seems to me

ronau57

That the talking heads from all over all coping and posting what others have said without doing any research. How can bama be rated so high when they lost

Defense: 7 starters and 2 backups

Offense: 5 starters and 2 backups

If AU had lost this group they would be saying we would have a hard time making a bowl.

One week to game day.

The fans I trust are a bit suspect about their offense (with good reason), but certain about having a stifling defense. Mix that with a weak schedule plus a smart coach or two, and they'ill win most games. Don't let your hate lead you astray.

The reason the media isn't saying that about bammer is because of their lovefest they have for saban.

Believe you are generalizing too much here....

Check this: http://sports.yahoo.com/video/why-alabama-worst-season-years-181420780.html

The reason the media isn't saying that about bammer is because of their lovefest they have for saban.

Believe you are generalizing too much here....

Check this: http://sports.yahoo.com/video/why-alabama-worst-season-years-181420780.html

Well I hope mr. Forde has security with him at all times because the mutant bama fans will be pissed at him for even suggesting such a thing about their beloved tawd. As I've said a few months back, I see 4 or 5 losses for the toothless nation because I don't drink the medias koolaid!

They have a weak schedule and great talent . And a proven track record. Let's stop whining already.

This. I think some here greatly underestimate the amount of talent they have stockpiled in trashcaloosa. Since saban has been there, when have they not been good? Stop whining.

The number one reason is that Bama is a proven commodity ever the last five or six years. They have proven that they can hemorrhage players to the NFL and then come back just a strong or stronger the next year. They also have an easy schedule. I see no problem with saying Bama will finish with fewer losses than Auburn this year. Look at it objectively guys.

The number one reason is that Bama is a proven commodity ever the last five or six years. They have proven that they can hemorrhage players to the NFL and then come back just a strong or stronger the next year. They also have an easy schedule. I see no problem with saying Bama will finish with fewer losses than Auburn this year. Look at it objectively guys.

Lol, we will see

Why give a rip? We play the Hogs first. We can discuss that team in November.

"Seems to me ......You don't want to talk about it ......Seems to me .........You just turn your pretty head and walk away"

"Seems to me ......Talk all night here comes the mornin' ......Seems to me ......You just forget what we said and greet the day"

sorry. couldn't resist

thanks Joe Walsh

Because they have a joke of a schedule.

That, + Saban + plenty of talent , bought and paid for.

Lol, we will see

No, we have seen. That's the point. Bama has proven they can reload every year, and their recruiting classes haven't gotten worse, so all things being equal why wouldn't you expect that trend to continue? I'm not saying they're going to have a better season than us, just saying that I can't fault anyone else for believing it. If you look at it objectively it's hard to disagree.

I have been watching bammer's A-Day game on the SEC network. If what I am seeing is any indication of their product they intend to put on the field this year I don't know how in the hell they are rated #2. Coker must be AJ in waiting. Their OL is non existant. I sure hope they imitate this performance this coming season. I just wonder how they are going to make this magnificent recovery. It's the worst spring game I have ever seen, however you never know. If the midget can bring this group around he will be truly the greatest coach of this era. Still SMH. WDE!!!

My thoughts exactly. As for Bama, it's just residue from their most recent 15 minutes of fame, as long as Saban is there. He's the love/hate guy that stays in the news, no matter where he goes. He's got enough mixture of great plus heinous to rival Jesse James ("who robbed from the rich to give to the poor"). It's part of the legend that attracts good talent...and we have no idea of what else might seal the deal. And so the press will continue. Bama is like a car accident...there may be something to it, but all of the press and rubbernecking clouds the actual from the perception. We Auburn faithful notice the fluff more because we are closer to the accident without being personally involved. As for Auburn, CGM's record continues to speak for itself, everywhere he goes. He's done as much (or more) with his time on earth than CNS has, IMO. There are intangible things about Auburn's program and purpose, in addition to what can clearly be seen, skill-and-talent-wise, that many press do not want to tackle. I wouldn't expect they would enjoy talking about things they couldn't explain, with their quest for superiority and their strong belief that "information is power." However, I will take the inexplicable ANY DAY...and being off their radar frees us up for more of it. I anticipate lots of after-the-fact gagging, and it will be sweet.

That said, our schedule is Goliath. My prayers for safety, strategy, synchronicity, and steadfastness have already begun...

:wareagle:

My thoughts exactly. As for Bama, it's just residue from their most recent 15 minutes of fame, as long as Saban is there. He's the love/hate guy that stays in the news, no matter where he goes. He's got enough mixture of great plus heinous to rival Jesse James ("who robbed from the rich to give to the poor"). It's part of the legend that attracts good talent...and we have no idea of what else might seal the deal. And so the press will continue. Bama is like a car accident...there may be something to it, but all of the press and rubbernecking clouds the actual from the perception. We Auburn faithful notice the fluff more because we are closer to the accident without being personally involved. As for Auburn, CGM's record continues to speak for itself, everywhere he goes. He's done as much (or more) with his time on earth than CNS has, IMO. There are intangible things about Auburn's program and purpose, in addition to what can clearly be seen, skill-and-talent-wise, that many press do not want to tackle. I wouldn't expect they would enjoy talking about things they couldn't explain, with their quest for superiority and their strong belief that "information is power." However, I will take the inexplicable ANY DAY...and being off their radar frees us up for more of it. I anticipate lots of after-the-fact gagging, and it will be sweet.

That said, our schedule is Goliath. My prayers for safety, strategy, synchronicity, and steadfastness have already begun...

Well just maybe we are Little David :)

I'm not sure but it looks like to me all the "talking "heads" think Bama can't lose. Just watched a Fox forecast Auburn wasmentionebnd but 2 of the 4 picked Bama to win it all, this is with a Q B that couldn't make it in the ACC. WTH?

Well just maybe we are Little David :)

We've been "Little David" enough for Shug Jordan to quote it...“Always remember that Goliath was a 40-point favorite over David.” – Shug Jordan

And enough in recent memory, too! Gotta love it...he did all of his preparation, and he did have a record of skill and strategy among other opponents. David epitomized, "Work as if it all depends upon you, pray as if it all depends upon God." I know it's "just sports" to some...but somehow, I know it's more than that to Gus and company. Sling on!

I'm not sure but it looks like to me all the "talking "heads" think Bama can't lose. Just watched a Fox forecast Auburn wasmentionebnd but 2 of the 4 picked Bama to win it all, this is with a Q B that couldn't make it in the ACC. WTH?

They go on what they "KNOW"...but it's what they DON'T KNOW that's going to trip 'em up! Bama is Regina George, but Auburn's Cady Heron, in all of its jungle great. Just watch out for buses!

uat has an easy schedule but I still see some losses in their record. One thing I am confident in is that saben will not beat Gus. As I have said before go back and look at the past. 2009 we dressed 60 something scholarship players for the uat game and had them beat. It was Chizik's decision to go into prevent for most of the 4th quarter and let uat come back and win it with a minute plus left, and we still drove the field and almost won it. In 2010 we went ahead 28 to 27 with 10 minutes left and again Chizik went into prevent and didn't let Gus do his job. In 2011 Gus wasn't even involved in calling the offense by the uat game. Last year uat had one of the best teams of saben's run and we beat them. This year we will be better on both sides of the ball and uat will be worse. You cannot replace leaders like CJ Mosley or AJ. There is no way Gus loses to them this year. You can talk all you want about talent and they do get good players but not any better than AU does. The difference in the top ten recruiting classes is about who the media determines who is first best or second best player at each position and a lot of that is garbage. Get one of the top players in the country and coach them up and they will be winners. We can win them all this year. Could we struggle on the road at some point ? Yes. But it will more likely be Ole Miss or UGA that runs offense that can stay with us that could beat us. saben is about defense and his defense cannot stop Gus. Nuff said !!! WDE Bring on the Pigs.

uat has an easy schedule but I still see some losses in their record. One thing I am confident in is that saben will not beat Gus. As I have said before go back and look at the past. 2009 we dressed 60 something scholarship players for the uat game and had them beat. It was Chizik's decision to go into prevent for most of the 4th quarter and let uat come back and win it with a minute plus left, and we still drove the field and almost won it. In 2010 we went ahead 28 to 27 with 10 minutes left and again Chizik went into prevent and didn't let Gus do his job. In 2011 Gus wasn't even involved in calling the offense by the uat game. Last year uat had one of the best teams of saben's run and we beat them. This year we will be better on both sides of the ball and uat will be worse. You cannot replace leaders like CJ Mosley or AJ. There is no way Gus loses to them this year. You can talk all you want about talent and they do get good players but not any better than AU does. The difference in the top ten recruiting classes is about who the media determines who is first best or second best player at each position and a lot of that is garbage. Get one of the top players in the country and coach them up and they will be winners. We can win them all this year. Could we struggle on the road at some point ? Yes. But it will more likely be Ole Miss or UGA that runs offense that can stay with us that could beat us. saben is about defense and his defense cannot stop Gus. Nuff said !!! WDE Bring on the Pigs.

Oh I quite agree about Gus. Still though Alabama has had nothing less than 10 wins since Sabans' first season there. They may or may not lose enough games this year to drop below that but I wouldn't bet on it. Also regardless of our own personal view of things, the national analysts know that Auburn does not have a great history of being able to string together consecutive seasons like last year. It will all come out in the end when the season is over.

Because they have a joke of a schedule.

That, + Saban + plenty of talent , bought and paid for.

very well said...

Archived