2015 3* JUCO DT Maurice Swain commits to AU!

ellitor

1567231.jpg

Maurice Swain, DT

Mississippi Gulf Coast (via LaGrange, GA)

6'5, 295 lbs

247Sports: 3*

Rivals: 3*

Scout: 3*

Offers: Auburn, Iowa State, Kentucky, Louisville and Mississippi State, South Alabama and Southern Miss, among others.

• Unofficial Visit to AU 5/31/14
  • Picked up AU offer 8/02/14
  • Official Visit to AU 10/03/2014 (LSU weekend)
  • Lead Recruiter: Garner

BytgeYYCIAA-oDy.jpg

Hudl Highlight Page

gv_Gzd_S0.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need DL. This guy could be a very good fit for us.

Yes we could A4E. I hope he signs with us and gets ready to work right away.

I think a Juco DT or 2 in this class would be good. We'll have several upper classmen to replace following this season.

• 3 weeks later...

Guess this has some on here feeling like we are dead in the DL recruiting category...

Not dead but WDEWDE saying we can start worrying about DL recruiting if Swain becomes a take should have any AU recruiting follower concerned.

i heard he looked really good last night.

He did. Niebuhr was really impressed. Stated both he and someone else in attendance who would know, believe he can be an SEC DT.

We need someone who can play next year. That's either an elite highschooler, or a solid Juco prospect. If this guy is solid then I have no problem using a scholly on him. I don't even think it means we are in panic mode. A Juco prospect like Swain won't be any worse than a Payne or Thompson next year, and he might be better in that time span. Obviously getting elite highschool DT is better for the long term.

Edit: But once we are talking about long term prospects, we can afford to go after under the radar kids who need time bulking up. So a Juco for next year and a couple of projects for the years after that.

Wish we didn't have to take the JUCO route as much as we do.

I depends on who the player is. He have actually done very well overall in our recent Juco picks. Hard to argue wih CAP, Marshall, Cam, Fairley, Lambert (I think), Jason Smith (still to prove himself as is in Juco still), and Bridges (still in Juco but committed now)

I depends on who the player is. He have actually done very well overall in our recent Juco picks. Hard to argue wih CAP, Marshall, Cam, Fairley, Lambert (I think), Jason Smith (still to prove himself), and Bridges (still in Juco but committed now)

I agree, a lot of Juco guys help our program tremendously, but it still would be nice to pick some great DL out of high school.

I depends on who the player is. He have actually done very well overall in our recent Juco picks. Hard to argue wih CAP, Marshall, Cam, Fairley, Lambert (I think), Jason Smith (still to prove himself), and Bridges (still in Juco but committed now)

I agree, a lot of Juco guys help our program tremendously, but it still would be nice to pick some great DL out of high school.

Can't argue with that. Two Adams like DT's a years would be pretty nice.

We need someone who can play next year. That's either an elite highschooler, or a solid Juco prospect. If this guy is solid then I have no problem using a scholly on him. I don't even think it means we are in panic mode. A Juco prospect like Swain won't be any worse than a Payne or Thompson next year, and he might be better in that time span. Obviously getting elite highschool DT is better for the long term.

Edit: But once we are talking about long term prospects, we can afford to go after under the radar kids who need time bulking up. So a Juco for next year and a couple of projects for the years after that.

Which is another way to say we missed on the top guys and have to take a hard look at the project types.

Which is another way to say we missed on the top guys and have to take a hard look at the project types.

Hey Mikey. I've been meaning to ask you this but keep forgetting. When you highlight a post can you please use dark orange instead of red? It's much easier for those of us to read who use blue background plus it stays in line with our team colors. It should also read well in white background too. TIA.

Hey Mikey. I've been meaning to ask you this but keep forgetting. When you highlight a post can you please use dark orange instead of red? It's much easier for those of us to read who use blue background plus it stays in line with our team colors. It should also read well in white background too. TIA.

There's an option for Dark Orange?

orange

dark orange

They look the same to me, but as always, I aim to please. Orange it is.

Archived