2015 3* JUCO DT Maurice Swain commits to AU!

ellitor

There's an option for Dark Orange?

orange

dark orange

They look the same to me, but as always, I aim to please. Orange it is.

Tank you sir! Both work well.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maurice Swain stats from Thursday

-3 tackles, 2 were solo, 1 was a sack and 1 was a tackle for loss. Was reportedly in the backfield quite a bit.

I was very impressed by the things Keith Niebuhr said about Swain from Thursday night. Said Swain is 6'-05" now and 290lbs. Was in the backfield all night.

Best part was he and another SEC coach at the game both came away thinking he was definitely an SEC caliber DT. Wouldn't name the coach, but I believe it was one f our family, Jimmy Brummbaugh(?), DL coach at UK.

Wish we didn't have to take the JUCO route as much as we do.

I depends on who the player is. He have actually done very well overall in our recent Juco picks. Hard to argue wih CAP, Marshall, Cam, Fairley, Lambert (I think), Jason Smith (still to prove himself), and Bridges (still in Juco but committed now)

I agree, a lot of Juco guys help our program tremendously, but it still would be nice to pick some great DL out of high school.

But it's just too soon for a great DT out of HS to be a major contributor right away. If you have a real 2 deep need at a position you take the JUCO to shore things up immediately (a Bradley) AND get a great HS DT for the future (an Adams) at the same time. JUCOs and HS Freshman are not in competition with each other.

• 3 weeks later...

On commit watch per this weekend.

Since when is 'this weekend' a reliable source?

:poke:

"Last weekend" is actually pretty reliable, though his info is rarely timely.

Is hindsight his brother? He's sees things perfectly after the fact.

Shhhhhhh!!! "Last Weekend" is actually the secret identity of Captain Hindsight, the superhero...:tease:

Shhhhhhh!!! "Last Weekend" is actually the secret identity of Captain Hindsight, the superhero... :tease:

Don't forget their cousins Reliable and the drunkard of the family Firsthand. Forgot about the one that runs off at the mouth all the time.....I Heard.

• 4 weeks later...

Guess this has some on here feeling like we are dead in the DL recruiting category...

Not dead but WDEWDE saying we can start worrying about DL recruiting if Swain becomes a take should have any AU recruiting follower concerned.

So, do we have the green light to start panicking?????

Guess this has some on here feeling like we are dead in the DL recruiting category...

Not dead but WDEWDE saying we can start worrying about DL recruiting if Swain becomes a take should have any AU recruiting follower concerned.

No. The staff is still not even trying to get Swain to commit yet.

Where the heck is WDEwde? He has not posted in a while. Come back WDE!

E, that even won't make the panic rush slow down. Too many are chomping at the bit to panic. And who needs WDEWDE to approve panic around here?... :dunno:;)

• 4 weeks later...

Where the heck is WDEwde? He has not posted in a while. Come back WDE!

I'm still around. I'm told AU is going to close strong on the DL. We shall see.

This.

Getting CBs to Miss St. Is that good or bad?

Could be good. Miss St wants him bad and we are not pushing him at all while we are pushing hard for guys like DJ Jones, Payne, Beckner, and Gallimore.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived