2015 3* JUCO DT Maurice Swain commits to AU!

ellitor

I always figured that we would have to get Swain, as well as another Juco DL almost out of necessity because of the lack of DL commits in the 2012 signing class. We only signed DE President and DT Nero out of that class and Nero is on a medical scholarship now. We have a major lack of experience at DT now except for Adams who is all world material but won't be near as productive without a better supporting cast. That being said, Swain is a very important and solid get for us.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swain, at a position of need, signed with the good guys today. Some see this as good news. For others, it is merely a cue for anguish. Happy Christmas.

Just to be clear the reason I asked if it was a bad sign is that a couple of months ago on this thread someone stated that if we gave a commitable offer to Swain that it was an indication that DL recruiting might not be going well.

You will have a great career ahead, and will help Auburn with winning those major championships on the radar.

I believe the main reason Swain was slow played was due to us wanting to be sure he was a mid year enrollee and would be here at start of winter classes. He is ready to go. Good pickup in my estimation.

Archived