Gene Wojciechowski

AubTiger14

Nobody is in a tizzy. This article is an outlier, in regards to Auburn's ranking, compared to every other preseason ranking/poll I have seen.

Dude everybody's in a tizzy every time some goober in the media doesn't rank Auburn, our players, our coaches at the top of their pre-season list. The damn Never to Yield Foundation has created a "Bias Watch Section" where members are to report any media bias. They are catalogging all incidents of media bias in their new Bias Watch Section.... WTF?

this x10

I don't quite understand taking schedule into consideration in a pre-season poll.

If you are trying to predict wins and losses, how can you not consider the schedule?

A preseason poll is just ranking teams by strength, right? No one has played a game yet, so I don't understand taking into consideration schedule. You are ranking them on how good they are right now, taking their current record into mind.

If you were trying to predict wins and losses, say for a pre-season prediction then absolutely, but I don't see where it comes into play for a poll.

I get what your saying.

It's like saying X swim suit model is hot, but she will be having sex over the next 6 months and could get pregnant and then have baby fat, and fat isn't hot, so we just won't call her hot now... even though she is.... cause we fear she might get pregnant. Even though with the baby fat she will probably still be hot, but the risk is enough to say no, she isn't hot right now.

I think the way most of these guys view whether we like it or not is how they think the season will end up. It's not the way it should work but I think that's how they do it. These guys are going to keep on picking Alabama until we finish ahead of them at least another year. After the way we went into the tank after our NC I think they want to see us win at least 10 games two years in a row. We will do that this year then we will start getting more respect.

I think the way most of these guys view whether we like it or not is how they think the season will end up. It's not the way it should work but I think that's how they do it. These guys are going to keep on picking Alabama until we finish ahead of them at least another year. After the way we went into the tank after our NC I think they want to see us win at least 10 games two years in a row. We will do that this year then we will start getting more respect.

Yes......Just check back over the years....you can't go wrong picking Bama as #1 or 2....so they only finish 5th, you still look pretty good. Most of these guys are just going on past history and the long term strength of the programs so if you were to go back half a dozen years they would probably have most of the same teams...until a few of them like UF or UTx flop a few years....so they drop them and maybe add AU. It's all guesswork and means nothing....and should not be taken personally....

Wojo is a hack reporter. Has been, always will be. Everyone will be shocked when Alabama loses a few games this year. But it's like an opinion man.

No he's not. Won is one of the most respected reporters in sports. Period.

Don't see why his ranking of Auburn should be a judgment of his work, which has always been excellent especially his NBA work.

How come when somebody picks against us they are considered an idiot, but if they pick us favorably, they are a great reporter???

I like being the underdog. I hope , with our schedule being so tough, everyone picks against us.

How come when somebody picks against us they are considered an idiot, but if they pick us favorably, they are a great reporter???

Because airbodeh know we da bomb diggity.

Dari Nowkhah pretty much just predicted Arkansas to pull the upset on SEC now. Said they would have the ball late in the 4th with a chance to win the game.

To Kessler the WTF question, yea the NTY are doing that to even out against your REC buddies. WDE

lol

I've around this place a long time, I can't ever remember anyone accusing me of being a Bammer. I guess there's a first time for everything. :roll eyes:

Ever since he wrote some ridiculous scathing articles during the Cam drama, I have tuned him out.

Pretty much that. He's had a serious issue with Auburn since Cam. On the bright side, he had to eat his words in 2010, and again last year (several times), and will have to do so again this year.

We have quietly lost a LOT of starters.

We have lost a LOT of starters? Name 'em.

not him, but I'll play:

Carl Lawson

Alex Kozan

Robenson Therezie

And then nick and Mincy for however long they sit.

Carl was never named a starter, but him going down was basically like a starter going down. Kozan was definitely a starter, and that hurts. Therezie was a starter last year, but justin Garrett still beat him out, but the depth behind Garrett is scary. We're fine.

Carl may not have ever been named, but he was definitely going to be a starter. If not, I would be MORE than comfortable with whoever was going to beat him out. Just sayin'

Up until this year preseason polls ment a whole lot, remember 2004? Now with the board of secrecy picking the 4 best teams to play in the playoffs it means nothing at all. So relax when the turds tank the season with their duo of career back up qb's trying to play QB they will not make the SEC championship nor the playoffs. So enjoy making fun of the coaches poll, the media poll, and especially the idiot writers who make such stupid predictions as they do.

not him, but I'll play:

Carl Lawson

Alex Kozan

Robenson Therezie

Carl was never named a starter, but him going down was basically like a starter going down. Kozan was definitely a starter, and that hurts. Therezie was a starter last year, but justin Garrett still beat him out, but the depth behind Garrett is scary. We're fine.

IMHO, that does not constitute "a LOT of starters." And Nick and Mincy aren't lost.

Fellas, these sports media people are predicting in their pre-season polls how teams could end up in end-of-season polls. And Auburn definitely has one of the toughest schedules to play. In the Prognosticators' mind, the Tigers could have one of the top two/three teams in the country and still lose 2 to 4 games, leaving them out of the top ten poll at season's end. I can see how some believe Auburn will fail to make the final top ten poll. Of course we know they're wrong, right?

not him, but I'll play:

Carl Lawson

Alex Kozan

Robenson Therezie

IMHO, that does not constitute "a LOT of starters." And Nick and Mincy aren't lost.

And a few "starter" quality players from last season who were out because of injury are back this year. Is still say...it's not the number of returning starters but the number of guys with significant playing time from last season that will make the difference.

It's not like we are trying to fill key positions with guys who either never played, or played so little that you can't judge their talent. JMO of course but this team, overall, is much better than last season...despite the losses.

Archived