AU releases Depth Chart

McLoofus

Reed was a top rated CB coming out of high school, not surprised, scouts thought this was his best position.

Hutch, might be able to boom punts, but how quickly you get them off, direct, hang time and still boom them are important at this level.

Boom them and the hang time will come but his consistent, astounding hang time went into the evaluation that made him the #1 punter in the nation. Direction is a relatively easy adjustment if it ever was an issue (gross speculation) and had he consistently taken too long to get kicks off he would not have been the #1 punting prospect in the nation. Kick distance takes care of most punting issues and Hutch has a monster leg. fwiw, "Outkicking the coverage" is one of the great myths in kicking, it's not as much a productof the kicker as the coverage letting themselves be successfully blocked.

Again, really bizarre he's not in the running this season. IMO.

It is irrelevant because we don't plan on punting this year. TDs only.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are over-thinking the Therezie stuff. It isn't up to AU if the test were not administered by AU. Think Pasadena...

PERHAPS, the result was in question and AU is submitting it's testing to show inconsistencies in THAT test in an effort to appeal...perhaps.

Yep people are over-thinking the Therezie deal. The best play on D last year before he got hurt was Hosley. When Hosley got hurt Therezie was not the same player.

There has to be more to the Jimmy Hutchinson situation. He was the #1 punter out of HS. He was redshirted. He had a solid performance at A-Day.

My concern with a PK also punting is there is a risk of injury in punting, and if you lose your punter to an injury, there goes your PK.

As for Therezie, most of the time, when I hear "eligibility issue" it is a class or grade thing. Was Therezie enrolled in a summer class but did not make a grade?

Hutchinson has struggled this fall. Nothing more nothing less.

Therezie issue isn't grades. He failed a drug test at the BSCNC game and that calls for an automatic year suspension. His test came back diluted and that is an automatic failed test. AU is appealing but don't hold your breath on Therezie playing this year.

Interesting....any idea how long the coaches have known he failed the test at the BSCNC game? Seems like the RT stuff only came out a coup weeks ago

Interesting....any idea how long the coaches have known he failed the test at the BSCNC game? Seems like the RT stuff only came out a coup weeks ago

Been known for months. AU was hoping the suspension would be overturned as the test was just diluted. But as of the first of the week the suspension was not going to be overturned.

Therezie issue isn't grades. He failed a drug test at the BSCNC game and that calls for an automatic year suspension. His test came back diluted and that is an automatic failed test. AU is appealing but don't hold your breath on Therezie playing this year.

If this is an NCAA matter, I'm VERY surprised that it has been kept quiet this long. If we had won, there would have been headlines about vacating the championship within days of the game.

People are over-thinking the Therezie stuff. It isn't up to AU if the test were not administered by AU. Think Pasadena...

PERHAPS, the result was in question and AU is submitting it's testing to show inconsistencies in THAT test in an effort to appeal...perhaps.

Yep people are over-thinking the Therezie deal. The best play on D last year before he got hurt was Hosley. When Hosley got hurt Therezie was not the same player.

Yup. There's a reason he has 3 int's in the beginning of the season and only 1 more for the rest of the year. Granted it was an improvement from the previous years turnovers it's still ugly when a player starts off hot and then trails off.

There has to be more to the Jimmy Hutchinson situation. He was the #1 punter out of HS. He was redshirted. He had a solid performance at A-Day.

My concern with a PK also punting is there is a risk of injury in punting, and if you lose your punter to an injury, there goes your PK.

As for Therezie, most of the time, when I hear "eligibility issue" it is a class or grade thing. Was Therezie enrolled in a summer class but did not make a grade?

I believe the testing at NCAA chapionships/bowl games is for PEDs, not recreational drugs. So I don't think there is an automatic year suspension in play here. If he had violated the NCAA championship/bowl games test, you can't even request reinstatement until AFTER a full season. There would only be an appeal, which would not lead to a reduced suspension, its an all or nothing thing.

I only speculate on this because the coaches are saying not available early in the season, not acting like he's out the whole season. I have no inside sources, just looking at the rulebook.

I believe the testing at NCAA chapionships/bowl games is for PEDs, not recreational drugs. So I don't think there is an automatic year suspension in play here. If he had violated the NCAA championship/bowl games test, you can't even request reinstatement until AFTER a full season. There would only be an appeal, which would not lead to a reduced suspension, its an all or nothing thing.

I only speculate on this because the coaches are saying not available early in the season, not acting like he's out the whole season. I have no inside sources, just looking at the rulebook.

That make sense. I was told that a "piss" test Therezie took prior to the BSCNC game came back diluted and he had to sit out a year. And that AU appealed the ruling. I assumed it was a drug test.

so since cap and corey are sharing the top spot can we expect both of them to be in the backfield at the same time,maybe run some wishbone?

Neither Hosely or therizie was our best player on d. And Hosely was actually horrible against lsu but it's a shame he was having to play at safety though

Neither Hosely or therizie was our best player on d. And Hosely was actually horrible against lsu but it's a shame he was having to play at safety though

I thought Dee Ford was our best defensive player last year, but Therizie was a close second. Therizie was named the defensive MVP though.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/04/19/3063719/auburn-football-tigers-coaching.html

Holsey played all over the field. He filled in at LB in his last game before the injury. Our best defenders over the course of the full year were Ford, Therezie, and Wright. In that order for me.

I hope Auburn has 2 or 3 more corners that will play before Reed. If he is second on the depth chart imo Holsey, Mincy, and Jones should play every snap. With all the great recruiting classes of the past years, are all those corners getting beat by a former underachieving decoy? If I see Reed out there covering Ricky Seals-Jones I'm worried. I would gladly trade Reed for Jake Holland or Darren Bates or any other "body"

I hope Auburn has 2 or 3 more corners that will play before Reed. If he is second on the depth chart imo Holsey, Mincy, and Jones should play every snap. With all the great recruiting classes of the past years, are all those corners getting beat by a former underachieving decoy? If I see Reed out there covering Ricky Seals-Jones I'm worried. I would gladly trade Reed for Jake Holland or Darren Bates or any other "body"

With fans like these, who needs rivals...

Reed is a more natural corner than WR

Pretty sure it was addressed numerous times that Trovon Reed was a respected CB out of high school? 5 star ATH? He's a natural at corner, if he's in the 2 deep he's doing something right.

I also enjoyed the impressively dumb reference to Daren Bates, implying he was just a "body". Bates started as a true freshman, transitioned down to LB, started in 2010, made 199 tackles in the next two seasons, and still plays in the NFL. Yeah, I'd take that guy as well. I'd take Carlos Rogers as well. Since we're just naming incredibly successful former Tigers.

Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever seen you put on here.

put down the lemon...

sour-face-lemon.JPG

... it's affected your mood?

You're trolling, right? Because there's no way a sane person can actually think this way. Reed balled out in the spring game.

Archived