Length of Nick Marshall's suspension

RunInRed

Length of Nick Marshall's suspension  

216 members have voted

1. 1. How long will Nick Marshall sit out against Arkansas?

• The first drive
    • The first two drives
    • The first quarter
    • The first half
    • The entire game
    • It depends on how the game is going ...

Coach Gus Malzahn: "Jeremy Johnson will start. Nick Marshall will play. I'm not ready to say how much, but he'll play. ... Nick has handled himself very well during fall camp. ... He's ready to go when called upon."

Your prediction? ...

image.jpg

Edit via @StatTiger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 quarters - if we're head at the half. No need to rob a win from the team... not for one guy's boneheaded move, The louder the don't step out of line again message the better.

Pardon my rant but there is no suspension, that I have heard Gus mention. This part of Nick's punishment is " He will not start" end of story. There is an honor to officially start, for the players. You have heard coaches say a player has earned the right to start. In this case Nick lost that honor. If he enters the second play he still has lost the honor. Had Gus suspended them, then there could be a debate about it, but they did nothing to be suspended for according to the rules. Let the biased media play this angle not us. WDE

Pardon my rant but there is no suspension, that I have heard Gus mention. This part of Nick's punishment is " He will not start" end of story. There is an honor to officially start, for the players. You have heard coaches say a player has earned the right to start. In this case Nick lost that honor. If he enters the second play he still has lost the honor. Had Gus suspended them, then there could be a debate about it, but they did nothing to be suspended for according to the rules. Let the biased media play this angle not us. WDE

I think you're getting unnecessarily worked up over semantics.

I think a quarter. However I wouldn't mind AU bringing Marshall in to start the 2nd half after Arky has made their halftime adjustments for JJ.

The longer JJ stays in means he is doing a good job and is great experience for him. I would like for JJ to play the first half and Auburn be ahead by 14. Then NM play the second half and we win by at least 28 points.

The longer JJ stays in means he is doing a good job and is great experience for him. I would like for JJ to play the first half and Auburn be ahead by 14. Then NM play the second half and we win by at least 28 points.

I think JJ gets the first half with a decent balance of run/pass and a decent lead (14 or more points) then NM gets the second half with decent run/pass balance. Maybe more run for NM to not show his improved passing to save that for KSU.

I think Marshall will only sit out the first drive. I'll be surprised if he sits the whole first half. I think Gus is probably using this more as a strategic move than a real "punishment".

I have heard, third or fourth hand from a player, it may only he for one play. Take it for what it is worth.

I'd be really surprised if that's the case.

I would be surprised, too, and disappointed. And quite frankly, a little embarassed.

I think Marshall will only sit out the first drive. I'll be surprised if he sits the whole first half. I think Gus is probably using this more as a strategic move than a real "punishment".

What do you mean when you say "more as a strategic move than a real 'punishment'"?

What do you mean when you say "more as a strategic move than a real 'punishment'"?

Strategy by way of keeping Arkansas guessing on how the game is going to play out.

I said quarter, but I believe it really depends upon how well Johnson is playing.

If Johnson does well, expect it to be a quarter. If not, could be earlier.

Archived