The Smoking Gun is getting Hotter

Proud Tiger

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The administration will be undone in 2016. Sit tight.

Think how sad Proud is going to be that Obama's going to leave office with no real scandal, even though he's convinced its the most scandal-plagued administration of all time.

Think how sad Proud is going to be that Obama's going to leave office with no real scandal, even though he's convinced its the most scandal-plagued administration of all time.

IRS lawyer: Lois Lerner's Blackberry deliberately destroyed after start of congressional probe

The administration , Lois Lerner, have clearly, blatantly LIED. How are you still able to parrot this admi's propaganda ?

IRS lawyer: Lois Lerner's Blackberry deliberately destroyed after start of congressional probe

The administration , Lois Lerner, have clearly, blatantly LIED. How are you still able to parrot this admi's propaganda ?

You guys try to make everything a huge "scandal". I just don't think history is going to place this up there with Watergate and Iran Contra.

TexT....maybe not but people were punished for Watergate and Iran Contra. Who has been punished for the wrongdoings and lies in this administration?

You must be living in a cave if you think it is just "guys here" who see the IRS as a major scandal. Just one example. I can list a whole bunch:

http://www.foxnews.c...-and-corrupted/

Politics aside...why are you not seriously concerned about the IRS mess or scandal (call it what you want)?

You guys try to make everything a huge "scandal". I just don't think history is going to place this up there with Watergate and Iran Contra.

As neither of those had 1 thing to do w/ limiting Constitutional Rights of average citizens, I agree.

This is many times worse.

When government officials lie under oath to an over sight committee that is conducting an investigation IT IS a huge scandal. Why did they feel compelled to lie? Seems painfully obvious to reasonable folks they lied to cover up their misconduct.

Most people can see all the makings of a scandal but coming from the guy who, despite calling others the most partisan on the board, you show yourself to be equally as partisan by refusing to see the prevalent misconduct...add this to the overall body of evidence...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/26/irs-ethics-office-lawyer-could-be-disbarred-for-ly/?preview

TexT....maybe not but people were punished for Watergate and Iran Contra. Who has been punished for the wrongdoings and lies in this administration?

You must be living in a cave if you think it is just "guys here" who see the IRS as a major scandal. Just one example. I can list a whole bunch:

Politics aside...why are you not seriously concerned about the IRS mess or scandal (call it what you want)?

As much as I hate to say it, anyone that doesn't recognize the MAJOR corruption going on with the IRS scandal has to be an honest to goodness, dumbass. Sorry, no other way to put it. If there was a Republican in the White House and they were targeting Liberal/Democrats, the wailing would be off the charts and rightfully so.

As neither of those had 1 thing to do w/ limiting Constitutional Rights of average citizens, I agree.

How did this limit anyone's rights ?

As much as I hate to say it, anyone that doesn't recognize the MAJOR corruption going on with the IRS scandal has to be an honest to goodness, dumbass. Sorry, no other way to put it. If there was a Republican in the White House and they were targeting Liberal/Democrats, the wailing would be off the charts and rightfully so.

If the old adage is correct that it takes one to know one, you're the guy to make that call.

I don't understand why you wouldn't be more outraged if our government lied to its people so egregiously on the heels of destroying damning evidence. Unless you really do think all the hard drives of all the computers mysteriously crashed at the same time.

I would expect you to expect our leaders to have more accountability than that.

I'm content to investigate and let the facts come out and then I'll decide how I feel about them. But what's alleged is that some political groups may have received closer scrutiny before receiving tax exempt status. Not that anyone was denied their constitutional rights or was fined or targeted for criminal investigation. And the claim that these political groups are not political is laughable.

If someone concealed something from Congress, that may be the only crime here.

If the old adage is correct that it takes one to know one, you're the guy to make that call.

True. I used it in 2nd grade a lot.

I don't understand why you wouldn't be more outraged if our government lied to its people so egregiously on the heels of destroying damning evidence. Unless you really do think all the hard drives of all the computers mysteriously crashed at the same time.

If the investigation proves that then those responsible should be held accountable. The frothing at the mouth has been relentless, however, and out of proportion with what is actually known.

If you cannot see it being worse you're simply willfully detaching yourself from reality. In the WaterGate scandal, Republican operatives broke into the campaign office of their opponent and searched files and stole some sensitive documents. In the IRS targeting scandal, democrats targeted conservatives in an effort to shut down their right to political free speech during a political campaign to affect the outcome of the election. EVERYBODY with a brain can see how much worse it is to go after John Q voting public versus the top of your political opponents office.

If the investigation proves that then those responsible should be held accountable. The frothing at the mouth has been relentless, however, and out of proportion with what is actually known.

If a Republican group targeted Democrat groups in an attempt to leverage power to snuff them out - and then when called on it said "aw shucks, we don't have any evidence, 15 computers that store all the incriminating information just happened to have hard drive failure on the same day" You don't think there'd be justified anger?

If Republicans weren't pushing for an investigation, if it were up to people on your side, we'd never know what would be proven. Nothing would ever come of it. Which is really what I think Democrats would prefer. Just let it all die down and pretend nothing bad happened.

And I'm not saying this is a purely Democrat function. Republicans would pull the same s*** if it were their team getting caught in the cookie jar. It just scares me that we're so entrenched in our camps, that we don't want to hold our leaders accountable if we share the same letter.

There is no frothing at the mouth but I must say I dont blame patience wearing thin when every time a key figure gives a testimony it is found out after the fact that he lied like a rug.

There is no frothing at the mouth but I must say I dont blame patience wearing thin when every time a key figure gives a testimony it is found out after the fact that he lied like a rug.

This. The ease at which politicians lie, on such substantial matters, frightens me. This is potentially criminal and they still have as much care as a summer breeze when they stare at the people for whom they are accountable and lie to their faces.

When politicians (R and D) feel that they are in no way accountable to their people or their government, things get scary. Things are scary.

If you cannot see it being worse you're simply willfully detaching yourself from reality. In the WaterGate scandal, Republican operatives broke into the campaign office of their opponent and searched files and stole some sensitive documents. In the IRS targeting scandal, democrats targeted conservatives in an effort to shut down their right to political free speech during a political campaign to affect the outcome of the election. EVERYBODY with a brain can see how much worse it is to go after John Q voting public versus the top of your political opponents office.

"EVERYBODY with a brain"------indeed!

This. The ease at which politicians lie, on such substantial matters, frightens me. This is potentially criminal and they still have as much care as a summer breeze when they stare at the people for whom they are accountable and lie to their faces.

When politicians (R and D) feel that they are in no way accountable to their people or their government, things get scary. Things are scary.

Folks here froth from the beginning. Facts aren't necessary.

If a Republican group targeted Democrat groups in an attempt to leverage power to snuff them out - and then when called on it said "aw shucks, we don't have any evidence, 15 computers that store all the incriminating information just happened to have hard drive failure on the same day" You don't think there'd be justified anger?

If Republicans weren't pushing for an investigation, if it were up to people on your side, we'd never know what would be proven. Nothing would ever come of it. Which is really what I think Democrats would prefer. Just let it all die down and pretend nothing bad happened.

And I'm not saying this is a purely Democrat function. Republicans would pull the same s*** if it were their team getting caught in the cookie jar. It just scares me that we're so entrenched in our camps, that we don't want to hold our leaders accountable if we share the same letter.

What might that incriminating information be?

There is no interest in accountability among Democrats or Republicans. They all like to talk about accountability, but the reality is that political "scandals" are little more than a political tool. When it benefits your party politically to abuse IRS power, you do so. When it benefits your party to "investigate" the other party's abuse of IRS power, you do so. In the end, no one goes to prison and nothing really changes. Neither party is interested in really stopping the cycle of corruption. You end up where we are, which is a time when politicians feel unaccountable, and rightly so.

Archived