AUC Recruiting Podcast (3 newest shows on page 13)

ellitor

What about Jovon? Have something happened?

Gained muscle weight, lost quickness, and O Line blocking for him is bad.

Jovon will get right if he wants to be one and done. I'm not worried

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to lie, that was discouraging to hear about Jovon. He was projected by some to be the top guy in this class whether you are talking high school, prep, or JUCO. I was really hoping that once he came in, he & Roc would give Auburn it's best 1-2 punch since Caddy & Ronnie. Hopefully getting to campus & the weight room early will help him be ready to go next fall.

I'm thinking Roc and Barber will give us the best 1-2 punch since Ronnie and Caddy.

RE: Jason Smith...Anybody that watched that Al/Miss all star game would have no doubt about where he should play his college ball and it ain't QB. The guy was a genuine phenom at WR.

Not doubting that had he qualified and been in AU 2 yrs ago. He has had 0 reps at WR while at MGCCC since that all-star game.

Not going to lie, that was discouraging to hear about Jovon. He was projected by some to be the top guy in this class whether you are talking high school, prep, or JUCO. I was really hoping that once he came in, he & Roc would give Auburn it's best 1-2 punch since Caddy & Ronnie. Hopefully getting to campus & the weight room early will help him be ready to go next fall.

I'm thinking Roc and Barber will give us the best 1-2 punch since Ronnie and Caddy.

RE: Jason Smith...Anybody that watched that Al/Miss all star game would have no doubt about where he should play his college ball and it ain't QB. The guy was a genuine phenom at WR.

Not doubting that had he qualified and been in AU 2 yrs ago. He has had 0 reps at WR while at MGCCC since that all-star game.

0 is the same number he had for two years before that all-star game. It may not matter now anyway. Jason has some legal troubles pending in Mobile and an arrest warrant has been issued for him. See Al.com for details.

Trovon Reed had an arrest warrant during his time at Auburn as well: http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/14/old-parking-ticket-nets-auburns-trovon-reed-an-arrest/

It happens. Dudes miss court dates or fail to take the proper steps to clear their record. That's why they get attorneys. It's stranger to me that his attorney no-showed on his date than Smith failing to appear.

Trovon Reed had an arrest warrant during his time at Auburn as well: http://collegefootba...reed-an-arrest/

It happens. Dudes miss court dates or fail to take the proper steps to clear their record. That's why they get attorneys. It's stranger to me that his attorney no-showed on his date than Smith failing to appear.

Yep, which suggests another reason law enforcement is sitting on the warrant...like miscommunication by the court. You may be surprised how often that happens.

I'm an attorney. I wouldn't be surprised by miscommunication within the court.

I knew there was something I didn't like about you. JK

Trovon Reed had an arrest warrant during his time at Auburn as well: http://collegefootba...reed-an-arrest/

Yep, which suggests another reason law enforcement is sitting on the warrant...like miscommunication by the court. You may be surprised how often that happens.

Yep, my old roommate was actually arrested at our Fraternity house for a missed court date... two days before the actual court date.

No update on recruiting?

The thread title has the date of the last podcast update. Recruiting podcasts are every Monday and Wednesday.

October 20th show

-Gus went to Ivey and Cox's game

-Lashlee went to Arizona to see Christian Kirk's game, saw 2016 5*s TE Isaac Nauta & QB Shea Patterson

-Johnson saw 2016 5* LB Keion Joyner

-In depth on Ivey and Cox's game from Friday

-Update on D'Anfernee McGriff

-Update on Nate Craig

-Update on Tony Bridges: did not visit Ole Miss last weekend as scheduled. Ole Miss not as confident about flipping TB

-Update on John Burt: possible future visits to AU. Keith feels AU has better than 50% chance at a flip.

http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/wareaglesportsradio/2014-10-20-212529652-AuburnUndercoverOct20.mp3

-

October 22nd show

-Update on Roquan Smith

-WR recruiting for the 2015 class

-AU does not have plans now to pursue another WR if they miss on Burt, Kirk Merritt, and Christian Kirk

-4* 2016 CB John Broussard plans to commit on December 18th.

-AU & UK recruiting JB the hardest

-JB has an idea of where he is leaning

-JB has best relationship with AU coaches but a lot of family in Lousiana

-2016 CB targets

-Nate Craig expected at the Samford game

http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/wareaglesportsradio/2014-10-22-689072746-AuburnUndercoverOct22.mp3

I thought the recruiting podcasts were Mondays & Wednesdays? Is there a reason that they didn't have one today after coming off a huge recruiting weekend?

Looks like they may have flipped the days this week. They had been having a team talk with Phillip & Hoke on Tuesdays & Thursdays . The team talk was Monday this week for whatever reason.

October 28th show

-reviewed the OVs for Chandler Cox and FSU commit DJ Jones

-Jones is an EE

-Depth chart could be a factor on Jones

-Jones likely a tough pull from FSU but AU in the picture

-Martez Ivey recruitment

-Ivey will give UF a strong look even if there is a new staff

-Gameday atmosphere for TAMU game will be big for Ivey's visit

-census thought is Ivey visiting alone is the best choice for all involved

-Early PT may not be a big deal for Ivey

-Talk about future OL line up potential

-Terry Godwin visited AU for a 3rd game this season

-TG recruited to play Duke Williams role

-In depth on Miss St juco commit Johnathan Calvin

-JC was a surprise visitor after he said he was not coming to the game

-4* 2016 OT EG Price likely AU/UGA battle and to close to call

-5* 2016 RB Tavian Feaster had an excellent visit. Clemson still likely leads

-5* 2016 TE Isaac Nauta likely a big FSU lean

http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/wareaglesportsradio/2014-10-27-1556953679-AuburnUndercoverOct28.mp3

October 30th show

http://media.vsporto.s3.amazonaws.com/_shows/wareaglesportsradio/2014-10-29-218344637-AuburnUndercover10.30.14.mp3

Tony Bridges recruitment

-will visit Ole Miss for the Egg Bowl

Johnathan Calvin recruitment

-AU visit went well

-leaning to no OV to AU & says he's pretty firm to Miss St

Adonis Thomas recruitment

-plays exclusively at ILB this year

-says AU offer would mean a lot

Chandler Cox & Martez Ivey

-Sounds like Ivey is getting excited about his AU OV

-CC had over 200 yards rushing in a game last week playing FB & QB

yep CC went 95 yards on the first play of the game last week

Golf, Does Cox play defense too? I would assume safety. He is such a great athlete, I imagine he could play either side of the field in college......I say this knowing we really need a true FB,

Golf, Does Cox play defense too? I would assume safety. He is such a great athlete, I imagine he could play either side of the field in college......I say this knowing we really need a true FB,

Not Golf but yes CC has plays both ways and has played safety in every game and done so well by all reports.

Not Golf but yes CC has plays both ways and has played safety in every game and done so well by all reports.

E, I figured so. He is just an excellent athlete. He really should be a 4*. Gotta think the services do not give much love to FB's.

Gotta think the services do not give much love to FB's.

They don't for the most part. Scout is the only service that has CC as a 4*. The rest have him at a 3*. Most services rate recruits on pro draft potential. That's why you'll never see more than 1 or 2 FBs/HBs a year with a 4*.

FTR I don't like recruiting services rating high school players on pro draft potential. I understand there is some natural overlap on a number of positions and schemes but the bottom line is their main job is to evaluate kids on how they project the impact kids will have on their college team. Chandler Cox is a perfect example. He is a 3* on three of the 4 major services. Now it is up to Chandler to live up to his potential but there is no way somebody can convince me that CC does not have the potential to have a 4* impact for any team that uses a FB/HB whether it be pro set Os like UGA, LSU, Wisky or power run space teams like AU. Positions that don't get drafted as high or as much get penalized wrongly IMO. All positions should have a skill and some cases size criteria, including C, FB, K, & P, that an evaluator should analyze to rate their star level. If the prospect meets all the criteria or a very high % of it then that prospect should be a 5 *. There does not have to be a 5* at every position. If the most likely impact of the best player at a position is a 4* then so be it but it should be on how their skills and size translate to the college level, not the pro level. College football and NFL football are vastly different games after all.

They don't for the most part. Scout is the only service that has CC as a 4*. The rest have him at a 3*. Most services rate recruits on pro draft potential. That's why you'll never see more than 1 or 2 FBs/HBs a year with a 4*.

FTR I don't like recruiting services rating high school players on pro draft potential. I understand there is some natural overlap on a number of positions and schemes but the bottom line is their main job is to evaluate kids on how they project the impact kids will have on their college team. Chandler Cox is a perfect example. He is a 3* on three of the 4 major services. Now it is up to Chandler to live up to his potential but there is no way somebody can convince me that CC does not have the potential to have a 4* impact for any team that uses a FB/HB whether it be pro set Os like UGA, LSU, Wisky or power run space teams like AU. Positions that don't get drafted as high or as much get penalized wrongly IMO. All positions should have a skill and some cases size criteria, including C, FB, K, & P, that an evaluator should analyze to rate their star level. If the prospect meets all the criteria or a very high % of it then that prospect should be a 5 *. There does not have to be a 5* at every position. If the most likely impact of the best player at a position is a 4* then so be it but it should be on how their skills and size translate to the college level, not the pro level. College football and NFL football are vastly different games after all.

Dude! For once we are in 100% agreement on something. Is the apocalypse approaching?

Dude! For once we are in 100% agreement on something. Is the apocalypse approaching?

No, but election day is.

Archived