Malzahn Offense 2.0

WarEagle84

Barrett Sallee has elevated the level of writing at Bleacher Report. Very good analysis that defies the ESPN groupthink.

How Gus Malzahn's Auburn Offense Will Take It to the Next Level

By Barrett Sallee , SEC Football Lead Writer

Aug 27, 2014

For the first time as a college head or assistant coach, Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn has a returning starting quarterback back for a second year in his system.

He just won't start the season-opener.

Senior signal-caller Nick Marshall will serve his penalty for an offseason citation for possession of less than an ounce of marijuana and won't start the season-opener, according to Charles Goldberg of AuburnTigers.com. He will play, however.

When he steps in for sophomore Jeremy Johnson at some point against Arkansas, it will mark the debut of the "Gus Malzahn 2.0" offense.

What should the world expect from this Tigers offense?

Read more ...

There's a poll about how many rushing yards we will average per game,

• Less than 200 3.1%
  • 200-250 27.6%
  • 251-300 41.2%
  • 301-350 20.1%
  • 350 or more 8.0%

Interesting I voted for 200-250 simply because of the weapons of mass destruction we have at wr

He had me till he said Denson tore his ACL against LSU. How hard is it to do your research these days?

I thought Denson did go out in Baton Rouge. I seem to remember it because I was there and it was awful. Haha

He had me till he said Denson tore his ACL against LSU. How hard is it to do your research these days?

Yup....do your research and report the facts! Oh...what's that? That was totally accurate? Oh...........nice article.

That is the second Bleacher Report article I've seen that said Denson tore his ACL. I thought it was his patellar tendon.

Overall, I thought it was a decent article that sums up where our offense is headed.

That is the second Bleacher Report article I've seen that said Denson tore his ACL. I thought it was his patellar tendon.

Overall, I thought it was a decent article that sums up where our offense is headed.

He did tear his PT. Not his ACL.

Archived