Censorship rampant in US media

homersapien

Unfortunate, but a 9 year old has no business trying learn how to fire a fully automatic weapon. I know you'd love another anti-gun run but the public isn't interested.

Unfortunate, but a 9 year old has no business trying learn how to fire a fully automatic weapon. I know you'd love another anti-gun run but the public isn't interested.

And you "know" that how? :dunno:

More to the point, this has nothing to do with guns per se'.

I was making fun of Japan Tiger's implication there was some sort of conspiracy to censor the beheading video from being shown in full by every media outlet.

Actually, I mistakenly indicated the post was for especially for Blue when it was really Japantiger and Tigermike who suggested that.

I apologize Blue. You were innocent this time. My bad.

Exactly where did I comment in this?

http://www.aufamily....-cbs-msnbc-etc/

post # 2

Did I misunderstand?

Did I quote directly from the article?

:dunno: You can't tell if you were actually quoting anything or just made a mistake with the quote function. So again, did I misconstrue or misunderstand your post? Here's your big chance to clear it up.

(And to think, I am the one who has been accused of being "coy" :-\ )

post # 2

Did I misunderstand?

:dunno:/> You can't tell if you were actually quoting anything or just made a mistake with the quote function. So again, did I misconstrue or misunderstand your post? Here's your big chance to clear it up.

(And to think, I am the one who has been accused of being "coy" :-\/> )

So you have no idea what the QUOTE thingy is and you didn't bother reading the article from the original post. Now I understand, you just make it up.

post # 2

Did I misunderstand?

:dunno:/> You can't tell if you were actually quoting anything or just made a mistake with the quote function. So again, did I misconstrue or misunderstand your post? Here's your big chance to clear it up.

So you have no idea what the QUOTE thingy is and you didn't bother reading the article from the original post. Now I understand, you just make it up.

No, I didn't "make it up", I simply read your post and made a possibly erroneous inference.

So (for the third time) can you please clear it up for me?

post # 2

Did I misunderstand?

No, I didn't "make it up", I simply read your post and made a possibly erroneous inference.

Read the article.

post # 2

Did I misunderstand?

Read the article.

Good grief. Never mind. I'll just stick with my first inference.

(And I read the linked article when I originally opened the thread)

post # 2

Did I misunderstand?

Read the article.

Oh you read it and couldn't figure out that what I posted was a direct QUOTE?

post # 2

Did I misunderstand?

Read the article.

Good grief. Never mind. I'll just stick with my first inference, which was apparently correct regardless.

post # 2

Did I misunderstand?

Read the article.

Good grief. Never mind. I'll just stick with my first inference, which was apparently correct regardless.

No it wasn't. So don't drag me into your delusions.

post # 2

Did I misunderstand?

Read the article.

No it wasn't. So don't drag me into your delusions.

Ah, so I was mistaken. You really don't think censorship was the reason networks weren't showing the beheading. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

But seriously, after all that effort I made to clarify my (miss) understanding, you accuse me of "dragging" you into my delusions? :blink:

Now that is hysterical. :lmao:

And you "know" that how? :dunno:

More to the point, this has nothing to do with guns per se'.

I was making fun of Japan Tiger's implication there was some sort of conspiracy to censor the beheading video from being shown in full by every media outlet.

Actually, I mistakenly indicated the post was for especially for Blue when it was really Japantiger and Tigermike who suggested that.

I apologize Blue. You were innocent this time. My bad.

Seriously Homey....editorial boards, by definition, practice censorship. Read a dictionary. An editorial board is a group of people that dictate the tone, direction, opinions, inclusions, POV of a publication. They choose what to include and what to exclude. Whether a publication is liberal or conservative; they, by definition, exercise censorship. The fact that NBC, etc., refuse to call ISIS terrorists; but instead chose to call them, insurgents, is a conscious decision dictated by the editorial board...or in this case, I should say "adopted" by the editorial board. The Democratic party is actually dictating this in their talking points. See, the war on terror doesn't exist; so there can't be terrorists to fight. Ergo, ISIS aren't terrorist but are instead insurgents. Choosing to show; or not show; mass murder is a choice...showing ISIS mass murder and beheadings makes it hard to maintain an editorial position that we should remain un-involved...even at MSNBC.

Then you probably shouldn't say stupid things if you don't want a reaction to them.

Well for something so stupid, you sure did have a lot to contribute on the topic. Guess that's because it was about something you originally posted. ;D

Archived