4* LB Darrell Williams

4* LB Richard McBryde

3* TE Jalen Harris

3* DT Jauntavious Johnson

3* DB Jalen Thompson

5* LB Lyndell "Mack" Wilson

4* DB John Broussard

4* RB Denzell Mitchell

“@TDsTake: HUGE recruiting weekend at Auburn for opener. 5-star prospects Martez Ivey (OL), Daron Payne (OL) and Lyndell Wilson (LB) are expected.”

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/5-star_daron_payne_kerryon_joh.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Auburn will get quite a few of the state's top prospects on campus this weekend for its season opener against Arkansas.

With Alabama playing West Virginia in Atlanta, Auburn is the biggest show in-state. Quite a few of Alabama's finest recruits will make the trip to the Plains.

Shades Valley defensive tackle Daron Payne, who is ranked No.3 on AL.com's A-List, headlines a talented group. The five-star prospect has a Top 3 of Alabama, Auburn and Mississippi State, though many consider it to be an in-state battle. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn recently told the 6-foot-2, 335-pound prospect he was "his top player on his board."

Payne's teammate Keith Mixon, who is committed to Mississippi State, will also be making the trip to the Plains. Mixon is No. 11 on AL.com's initial A-List this year.

Payne and Mixon aren't the only two A-List members expected at Jordan-Hare Stadium this weekend. Madison Academy running back Kerryon Johnson (No. 2 on the A-List), Hoover linebacker Darrell Williams (No. 4 on the A-List) and Charles Henderson School linebacker Richard McBryde (No. 7 on the A-List) are all expected to be in attendance for the first SEC game. All three are committed to the Tigers, though Alabama is still heavily recruiting Williams.

Other names of note expected at the game include St. James School tight end Jalen Harris (Auburn commit), Opelika defensive end Quandeski Whitlow (South Carolina commit) and defensive tackle Jared Gentry, St. Paul's defensive back Jalen Thompson (South Alabama commit), Hamilton junior running back Denzel Mitchell and Central-Phenix City junior defensive back John Broussard. Lincoln defensive tackle Jauntavius Johnson, who is committed to Auburn, said he'd likely be at Auburn this weekend.

Shades Valley defensive tackle Daron Payne, who is ranked No.3 on AL.com's A-List, headlines a talented group. The five-star prospect has a Top 3 of Alabama, Auburn and Mississippi State, though many consider it to be an in-state battle. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn recently told the 6-foot-2, 335-pound prospect he was "his top player on his board."

Oh?

Oh?

Don't worry, the board was just sorted by weight

Oh?

LOL... I guess he does have Ivey by a good 20-30 lbs.

Oh?

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Oh?

I believe it to be so. We are in desperate need of D Linemen this year and next. I'd say Payne is #1 on the big board & Ivey #2. If we were to miss on Ivey it would hurt some, but we've got to get Payne or other elite defensive linemen.

Saw on 24/7 where Jovon Robinson was expected on one of their visitor lists.

Not sure I understand your post. The opening post I this thread has a complete listing of the attendees and Jovon is listed.

Not sure I understand your post. The opening post I this thread has a complete listing of the attendees and Jovon is listed.

Sorry I couldn've sworn he wasn't listed but I might've had a moment there. Apologies...

I think John Broussard commits this weekend. Just a feeling. Been hearing some stuff through the vine out of Phenix City that he's been high on Auburn lately. Also Jwall is from Central and comes back regularly for FCA and stuff.

Sorry I couldn've sworn he wasn't listed but I might've had a moment there. Apologies...

No problem.

I think John Broussard commits this weekend. Just a feeling. Been hearing some stuff through the vine out of Phenix City that he's been high on Auburn lately. Also Jwall is from Central and comes back regularly for FCA and stuff.

I hope you are right!

5* OT Martez Ivey

5* DT Daron Payne

5* DB Kevin Toliver II

5* RB Jovon Robinson

4* RB Kerryon Johnson

4* LB Darrell Williams

4* LB Richard McBryde

3* TE Jalen Harris

3* DT Jauntavious Johnson

3* DB Jalen Thompson

5* LB Lyndell "Mack" Wilson

4* DB John Broussard

4* RB Denzell Mitchell

Do we know how many are on official visits? I believe Ivey is but not sure about the others.

Do we know how many are on official visits? I believe Ivey is but not sure about the others.

Ivey and Jovon are the only OVs.

Nate Craig added to the list.

Ivey and Jovon are the only OVs.

Nate Craig added to the list.

Impressive list!

I saw a tweet yesterday from one of the 247 guys that we would have 6 5 Star guys in for the Arky game. I wonder who the other 2 are since our threat only shows 4.

I saw a tweet yesterday from one of the 247 guys that we would have 6 5 Star guys in for the Arky game. I wonder who the other 2 are since our threat only shows 4.

Our thread shows 5. combined with the 2016 class.

Our thread shows 6. Scroll down and look at the 2016 class.

It's 5 as of now. Tolliver is not coming. Ivey may not come also. He had a minor leg injury last night that he may want to stay home and get checked out instead.

Our thread shows 6. Scroll down and look at the 2016 class.

It's 5 as of now. Tolliver is not coming. Ivey may not come also. He had a minor leg injury last night that he may want to stay home and get checked out instead.

It may be a good thing if Ivey doesnt show up week 1. He can use his OV later in the season when it is not forecasted to rain. Plus, it seems to me, the long season can take away all the momentum of an early OV.

Archived