Our ISIS Strategy

Proud Tiger

Question----What is our strategy moving forward to deal with ISIS?

Answer--"we don't have one yet" Barack Obama, 8/8/14)

What an absolute incompetent dummy. Its bad enough not to have one after all this but just stupid to admit it at a press conference. ISIS is surely laughing their ass off at us. Obama should just go play golf for two years and let someone else run the country before it's too late. Our country is in peril and surely Dems as well Republicans realize It' time to unite to save our country.

He's a real winner for sure. I want to believe he's finally up to the task but the more he speaks and the less he does makes me wonder if he's on the wrong side of this fight. Irks me.

Actually, I believe is the first time BHO has made a statement that I can accept, without stipulation, as the unequivocal truth and that's unfortunate. My question is, was him making that statement even necessary because its grown painfully obvious he has no foreign policy strategy on anything.

Its two late two do nothin now. Them ISISs people is done streamin cross the boarder. Hell, I got two of em tied up down in the base mint.

Another wonderful contribution to the discussion. I knew you'd come through as you always do. Now, go scold someone for submitting an asinine post! lolay

Blue...wouldn't you love to have some of the childish posters here witness a live beheading by ISIS. Maybe then they could be serious.

Blue...wouldn't you love to have some of the childish posters here witness a live beheading by ISIS. Maybe then they could be serious.

Im not convinced it'd make a difference for some.

Its two late two do nothin now. Them ISISs people is done streamin cross the boarder. Hell, I got two of em tied up down in the base mint.

Another wonderful contribution to the discussion. I knew you'd come through as you always do. Now, go scold someone for an submitting an asinine post! lolay

The sky is falling and you are worried about my posts?

Blue, you and PT should get Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld, you guys could invade and occupy the entire Middle East. I am sure the four of you could stop the beheadings.

Another wonderful contribution to the discussion. I knew you'd come through as you always do. Now, go scold someone for an submitting an asinine post! lolay

The sky is falling and you are worried about my posts?

No, actually they provide a comical reminder of what an empty suit you are. Carry on, its what you do best!

Blue, you and PT should get Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld, you guys could invade and occupy the entire Middle East. I am sure the four of you could stop the beheadings.

One thing you've proven beyond a reasonable doubt is, ALL of your certainties are laughable and, more than anything else, reflective of a very small mind thinking exceedingly small thoughts.

One thing you've proven beyond a reasonable doubt is, ALL of your certainties are laughable and, more than anything else, reflective of a very small mind thinking exceedingly small thoughts.

Possibly but, I really don't want to listen to the people who got us into this mess complain about what we aren't doing to get out of it.

Possibly but, I really don't want to listen to the people who got us into this mess complain about what we aren't doing to get out of it.

So, in your pathetic way of processing reality, PT and I got "us" into this mess? You should just STOP, ALL you're doing is embarrassing yourself, now.

So, in your pathetic way of processing reality, PT and I got "us" into this mess? You should just STOP, ALL you're doing is embarrassing yourself, now.

You're right again Blue! You are on a roll. There is absolutely NO reason to associate you and PT, your rhetoric, or your thinking, with Cheney and Rumsfeld. I stand corrected. :rolleyes:

You're right again Blue! You are on a roll. There is absolutely NO reason to associate you and PT, your rhetoric, or your thinking, with Cheney and Rumsfeld. I stand corrected. :rolleyes:

You're just wrong in your assumption. The thought of Cheney and/or Rumsfield occupies a MUCH larger space in your mind than mine..thats obvious. After all of this, am I to be lead to believe you think that BHO has a wonderful strategy of dealing with Islamic extremism. I am well aware that in your world every hot spot on the planet has America to blame but the fact is, sititng on ours hands will only encourage ISIS to continue their barbaric assault on civilization. Its a little late, at this point, to whine about rhetoric, although I realize how severely that limits your input, so, whine on!

Well, I for one am not all that concerned about our not quickly developing a strategy for dealing with this. Coming up with quick and definitive strategies is the sort of thing that gets us into these messes to begin with.

Local talk radio was harping on the same thing this morning. Their strategy? "Carpet bomb Northern Iraq except for the Kurdish territories." Seriously.

You're just wrong in your assumption. The thought of Cheney and/or Rumsfield occupies a MUCH larger space in your mind than mine..thats obvious. After all of this, am I to be lead to believe you think that BHO has a wonderful strategy of dealing with Islamic extremism. I am well aware that in your world every hot spot on the planet has America to blame but the fact is, sititng on ours hands will only encourage ISIS to continue their barbaric assault on civilization. Its a little late, at this point, to whine about rhetoric, although I realize how severely that limits your input, so, whine on!

Sounds very similar to what you guys said about Saddam. Do you really believe expanding our current role beyond air strikes is a viable solution? How long are you prepared to occupy Iraq? How about Syria? How about Libya? Doing something, just to be doing something, may quell your fears but, is it going to be effective? How much will it cost?

Well, I for one am not all that concerned about our not quickly developing a strategy for dealing with this. Coming up with quick and definitive strategies is the sort of thing that gets us into these messes to begin with.

Local talk radio was harping on the same thing this morning. Their strategy? "Carpet bomb Northern Iraq except for the Kurdish territories." Seriously.

Im not that worried about a strategy either but I do get tired of our Commander in Chief signaling to the enemy our unpreparedness. Additionally, ISIS is not going away and will have ot be dealt with at some point guaranteed. There are a lot of things he could have said that would not have come across so badly. That's just my opinion.

Im not that worried about a strategy either but I do get tired of our Commander in Chief signaling to the enemy our unpreparedness. Additionally, ISIS is not going away and will have ot be dealt with at some point guaranteed. There are a lot of things he could have said that would not have come across so badly. That's just my opinion.

So, you aren't "worried about strategy", you are worried about perception? What would you propose as a better course of action?

So, you aren't "worried about strategy", you are worried about perception? What would you propose as a better course of action?

No I simply do not like sending signals to the enemy and BHO is an expert in telling them them too much and exactly what we're not going to do. Apparently, you're absolutely hellbent on arguing this and I see no way for you to win but carry on. You've become an expert at spinning my posts to support your righteous indignation and it is getting funnier and funnier to watch

I seriously doubt if there was anything Obama could have done - including saying nothing - that would have met with your approval.

But here's something to consider: Would announcing our strategy be more or less helpful than "signaling to the enemy our unpreparedness". :-\

I seriously doubt if there was anything Obama could have done - including saying nothing - that would have met with your approval.

But here's something to consider: Would announcing our strategy be more or less helpful than "signaling to the enemy our unpreparedness". :-\

Wrong but I suspect that, much like ICHY, that assumption works best for you so carry on. He didn't have to announce anything and thats what you seem to be missing. He very easily could have issued a sound bite that didn't tip his hand.

Was this a rhetorical question? It's obvious he doesn't have a strategy.

Really?

It's not even possible a strategy is under development and he doesn't want to compromise that process (say, by exposing potential allies in ongoing discussions)?

Wrong but I suspect that, much like ICHY, that assumption works best for you so carry on. He didn't have to announce anything and thats what you seem to be missing. He very easily could have issued a sound bite that didn't tip his hand.

Well, maybe.

But it will take more than a out-of-context characterization by PT of an unattributed interview (?) made 21 days ago for me to reach a conclusion. I'm not surprised you have a strong position on it though.

Archived