Auburn's schedule has gone 2 steps forward and one step back

Dual-Threat Rigby

I think your overstating things a bit. Both teams had major unanswered questions. I thought SC would be the better of the two, but it didn't show tonight. But it's week 1 so we will see if SC re groups and if TAMU just got lucky or not in the weeks to come.

Texas A&M's defense looked pretty bad... Like usual. South Carolina's O-line was bad, along with their pass rush and bad tackling. Regardless, both teams will be tough and I'm optimistic about both games this season.

Both secondaries looked suspect - hope our passing game has improved as much as we think it has!

USC has historically struggled in home openers. aTm has good talent and Sumlin can coach. I don't think USC is as bad as they looked and I doubt aTm keeps it up at that pace. I wish this game could have been played week 2 or 3. With the way UM looks against BSU - we better have our butts in gear for arky and avoid the week 1 slump.

USC has historically struggled in home openers. aTm has good talent and Sumlin can coach. I don't think USC is as bad as they looked and I doubt aTm keeps it up at that pace. I wish this game could have been played week 2 or 3. With the way UM looks against BSU - we better have our butts in gear for arky and avoid the week 1 slump.

SC won 18 openers in a row until tonight. I hope we struggle like that for the next 18 years.

Texas A&M's defense looked pretty bad... Like usual. South Carolina's O-line was bad, along with their pass rush and bad tackling. Regardless, both teams will be tough and I'm optimistic about both games this season.

I thought they were supposed to have the best OL in the league....

In other news, Kenny Hill looks like the real deal.

I thought they were supposed to have the best OL in the league....

The college football "experts" lied to all of us.

I think your overstating things a bit. Both teams had major unanswered questions. I thought SC would be the better of the two, but it didn't show tonight. But it's week 1 so we will see if SC re groups and if TAMU just got lucky or not in the weeks to come.

There is nothing lucky about what A&M just did. It was obvious from the first two series that A&Ms Oline was so much bigger than USCe D line and they were completely manhandling them. It continued the entire game. I'm suprised how smallish and undersized USCE's Dline is....

SC won 18 openers in a row until tonight. I hope we struggle like that for the next 18 years.

I believe South Carolina had an 18 game home winning streak until tonight. They went 0-11 in 1999 so it couldn't have been on an 18-0 opener streak.

What history do you speak of?

As impressive as Hill was, I was at least as impressed with the TAMU defense. They were pathetic last year, and while they didn't dominate tonight (lot of holes in the secondary), they seemed miles ahead of last year. Once again, their defense doesn't even need to be great, they just need to be decent.

As impressive as Hill was, I was at least as impressed with the TAMU defense. They were pathetic last year, and while they didn't dominate tonight (lot of holes in the secondary), they seemed miles ahead of last year. Once again, their defense doesn't even need to be great, they just need to be decent.

USCe obviously was over-rated, no matter how good Hill looked for the aggies.

The new USCe QB has a ways to go and will be interesting to talk with my Gamecock friends in a couple hours on the golf course...'cause they were fully confident he would be as good as Shaw. With Mike Davis gone, the 'cocks had no running threat and despite Spurrier being an "offensive genius" his team showed no flash or spark...looked like Bama except with mostly 3* talent.

Every game is a new event and I don't usually draw many conclusions one way or the other from one game...BUT...TAMU looks better on defense than I expected....and certainly were good enough to shut down USCe and give the "air raid" plenty of time on the field...what did I see.....99 plays or something like that?

Looked like a typical first game from which little can be gleaned. Both teams alternated struggling/looking good in many areas. Spurrier still goes apes when his QBs make errors in judgment (vs skill).

Sc's QB looked terrified from the first snap and his inconsistent throws cost them big.

They dropped a TD pass before the half that would have helped. And then the kicker couldn't man up and keep the onside kick.

Overall sc could have won but their defense looked like garbage more than A&M looked impressive. They ran screens and draws at a hurry up pace and that's all they had to call.

Mike Davis did not look like the best back in the SEC or country for that matter!

I think he was hurting some. That glorified OL, on the other hand....

too soon to tell. IMO USC played very poorly or just isn't that good. A&M WRs were wide open with no one to tackle them or missed tackles. USC O and D lines played poorly, or isnt that good. A&M D did look better than last year. If USC doesn't get better, they could lose 6 games. We really won't know how good A&M is until Miss. St. game. So I say lets wait and see. I am surprised though, I thought A&M would take a step back this year and be towards the bottom of the West.

1. aTm has definitely not taken a step backwards
  2. Carolina has definitely taken a step backwards

Looks like to me that the aTm game will be more difficult than I anticipated, while the Carolina game will be easier than I anticipated.

Archived