*OFFICIAL JESSE PALMER IS A HORRIBLE COMMENTATOR THREAD*

Barnacle

Just thought I would go ahead and create this, because it was just mentioned in another thread, and because I loathe him so much. Here's to you Jesse. There is no one worse in college football. I've never seen a person try so hard to sound like he actually knows what he is talking about.

18f1b2lun2egxjpg.jpg

Maxim+Magazine+Presents+Fantasy+Island+Day+l2wD0Gq3s4sl.jpg

I think a lot of folks here hate him because he was (and is) not sold on Auburn. Give him a chance to change his opinion, and suddenly he will become the best commentator ESPN has (not that there's a whole lot of competition there).

Trying to be objective, I'd say he's decent, but has a lot of room to improve.

I hate him because he's a douche and can't even learn to tie his own tie like a grown man. He's a complete idiot when it comes to analyzing players and teams. He's nothing more than a pretty face, taking up space, where knowledge should be.

I think a lot of folks here hate him because he was (and is) not sold on Auburn. Give him a chance to change his opinion, and suddenly he will become the best commentator ESPN has (not that there's a whole lot of competition there).

I think you are underestimating most of our dislike. He could wear an Auburn uniform on set every game and I would still have distain for him. He's pompous, he loves the sound of his own voice, and his analysis is generic and average at best, despite delivering every line he speaks as if he has a) already practiced it in front of the mirror 50x beforehand, and is something profound. He is so unnatural that it is difficult to listen to, and I always get the feeling that he just wishes he were Kirk Herbstreit.

I think you are underestimating most of our dislike. He could wear an Auburn uniform on set every game and I would still have distain for him. He's pompous, he loves the sound of his own voice, and his analysis is generic and average at best, despite delivering every line he speaks as if he has a) already practiced it in front of the mirror 50x beforehand, and is something profound. He is so unnatural that it is difficult to listen to, and I always get the feeling that he just wishes he were Kirk Herbstreit.

That could be said of most of the talking heads on any network.

Palmer doesn't really bother me as a personality. What I detest is announcers who have watched more football than I could ever hope to and don't even know the rules or the flow of the game. They're far too busy talking to pay attention to what actually happens on the field. It took me 2 weeks of watching football to figure out that if the defense was offsides the play continued, and if the offense had a false start they blew the whistle. I can't count how many times I heard an announcer (before they changed the rules that a defender in the neutral zone causing an offensive player to jump was a foul on the defense) say, after they had blown a play dead, something to the effect of "We'll have to see who they called it on."

I could give more examples, but this is supposed to be about Palmer. Feel free to hate on....

Palmer doesn't really bother me as a personality. What I detest is announcers who have watched more football than I could ever hope to and don't even know the rules or the flow of the game. They're far too busy talking to pay attention to what actually happens on the field. It took me 2 weeks of watching football to figure out that if the defense was offsides the play continued, and if the offense had a false start they blew the whistle. I can't count how many times I heard an announcer (before they changed the rules that a defender in the neutral zone causing an offensive player to jump was a foul on the defense) say, after they had blown a play dead, something to the effect of "We'll have to see who they called it on."

I could give more examples, but this is supposed to be about Palmer. Feel free to hate on....

Well I'm glad someone likes Jesse Palmer, clearly this thread is not for you ^-^

OK, no big deal but here it goes:

Last night, after a wide-out (WO) caught a pass for a first down, then got called for unsportsmenlike (WO threw the ball in the DB's facial area) Jesse Palmer commentated: "Well that first down catch is coming back, b/c he (the WO) just got flagged for unsportsmanlike"

I thought to myself Jesse is a former QB, and current broadcaster and doesn't know the dead ball foul rules?

Brent Musburger even said: "I think the first down will stand b/c it was a dead ball foul". Jesse was silent for that comment from Brent and silent after the official called the play, not a word (for once) from Jesse!

I hate him because he's a douche and can't even learn to tie his own tie like a grown man. He's a complete idiot when it comes to analyzing players and teams. He's nothing more than a pretty face, taking up space, where knowledge should be.

As a female I feel compelled to disagree with that. There is nothing pretty about his face. Anything even remotely attractive disappears when you think about the fact that he went on the Bachelor. Major douche move.

Prick is the word that comes to mind. I was hoping the SEC Network could beat that. If we had to have a former UF QB calling our game give me Tebow any day.

OK, no big deal but here it goes:

Last night, after a wide-out (WO) caught a pass for a first down, then got called for unsportsmenlike (WO threw the ball in the DB's facial area) Jesse Palmer commentated: "Well that first down catch is coming back, b/c he (the WO) just got flagged for unsportsmanlike"

I thought to myself Jesse is a former QB, and current broadcaster and doesn't know the dead ball foul rules?

Brent Musburger even said: "I think the first down will stand b/c it was a dead ball foul". Jesse was silent for that comment from Brent and silent after the official called srtaythe play, not a word (for once) from Jesse!

If I had heard that, it would have had me yelling at the tv. If I start hearing Palmer do that regularly, I will change my opinion of him pretty quickly. Unfortunately, they almost all do it.

Palmer makes me want to barf. He is not an attractive TV commentator at all for 2 main reasons....he thinks he's really hot and he's dumber than dirt.

My wife tells me that every night........I just don't understand

Palmer makes me want to barf. He is not an attractive TV commentator at all for 2 main reasons....he thinks he's really hot and he's dumber than dirt.

You too. ROFL

:lmao:

You too. ROFL

so she shares it with all three of us?

I have no hate for him but not impressed. he made references to the play of our defense throughout the 1st half. the defense was terrible but i along with most anyone who understands anything at all about d-line play, could see exactly what the problem was. I was not surprised that we were much better in the 2nd half. I expected the problem to be corrected before the half. Jesse who is the color guy(the one who is supposed to know the game) kept saying we were being whipped physically. Not true.

You too. ROFL

so she shares it with all three of us?

guess so

Archived