Vandy....did Franklin get out just in time

AU64

Pitiful performance by Vandy last night....looked like the pre-Franklin teams that typically finished at the bottom of the league. Fortunately, most of the nation was sound asleep by the time the game ended.

That was an embarrassing performance, they should be ashamed. If Sumlin is getting credit today for his system and how it works even without JF, I guess the same could be said about Franklin. Back to same ole Vandy, at least for one night.

My brother-inlaw lives in Tn. and he told me that a lot of the players Franklin was recruiting and players that were on the team went with Franklin to Penn State.He said Mason was basically starting over.

That was an embarrassing performance, they should be ashamed. If Sumlin is getting credit today for his system and how it works even without JF, I guess the same could be said about Franklin. Back to same ole Vandy, at least for one night.

He inherited a team with back to back 9 win seasons....not like Mason took over a dumpster fire. He's got some work to do.

Franklin did poach quite a few recruits, but I think Mason made a mistake trying to go pro-style on offense with the talent he's going to be able to get at Vandy. Mason is a defensive coach and likes that hard nosed smash mouth style, but it's not going to work for a Vandy offense. They need to spread things out, not necessarily up tempo, but they need their guys in space to make plays. QB is a pretty big weakness for them too.

Franklin did poach quite a few recruits, but I think Mason made a mistake trying to go pro-style on offense with the talent he's going to be able to get at Vandy. Mason is a defensive coach and likes that hard nosed smash mouth style, but it's not going to work for a Vandy offense. They need to spread things out, not necessarily up tempo, but they need their guys in space to make plays. QB is a pretty big weakness for them too.

This will end badly too. Lots of Vandy Coaches have tried the hard nosed brand of football, Widenhofer etc, and failed miserably.

Vandy had 7 turnovers in this game. Seven! If they can clean that up, they will definitely improve.

Their only score came from a botched punt recovered in the end zone. It's hard to score when you keep giving the ball to the other team.

Archived